What's the worst goa track you've come across?

Oopie

• 2 weeks later...

I think it might be not so easy to answer? There's a lot of the kind that you might think "I don't like this" but it's not necessarily bad, just forgettable. Well, I was just recording one DAT tape late in the night, this track starts to play and... I started laughing it just sounds like every little thing done wrong.

honestly i dont find that track that bad. the soundquality is not perfect, but the track itself is at least kind of innovative and has some conent.

i find that there is a loooooooooooooooooot of much worse music nowadays. i mean this kind of music, which is like a fabricated mass-product which all sounds EXACTLY the same. there is so much music with no content at all.. music which is basically just a very strong bass and some unimportant sounds around. but the soundquality is good, why its played everywhere... why i find it even more horrible.

• 2 months later...

Cherouvim is - together with Cyan - the definition of good Greek (not Israeli!) Uplifting/ Nitzhonot Trance pre 2000. Wanna listen some bad Uplifting? There's plenty! Naga/Loona Park/Cyrix/whatever! But not these guys. Let's not confuse 'bad music' with 'that's actually just a style which does not match my taste but let's call it bad music anyway'.

I don't hate Nitzho, there are many, many tracks that I love, but Cherouvim is horrendous. Ear-bleeding awful. Everything in his tracks are puke worthy. The kicks, the melodies, the fx. A musical joke.

I don't hate Nitzho, there are many, many tracks that I love, but Cherouvim is horrendous. Ear-bleeding awful. Everything in his tracks are puke worthy. The kicks, the melodies, the fx. A musical joke.

Digital Dreams part I is cool (t'was one of the first trance track I listened to).

I don't agree, you can say you like it, or you can say you hate it (both of which are perfectly fine opinions, I got to thank Jason for rephrasing his opinion there), but if you say it's "garbage" it just means your taste doesn't match the exact things the musical style is trying to be: party/over the top/hard/blatant kickdrums/lollypops/fun fun fun/orientalism/etc etc etc. These elements are not bad per se, and there's many many styles out there in the musical spectrum which try to excel at exactly those elements, like happy rave, makina, happy hardcore (happiness factor), hardstyle (the kickdrums), mizrahit music (oriental melodies), etc. People that like the forementioned styles will most probably like Nitzhonot, people who don't, won't.

It's only when you like the aforementioned elements that it's possible to give a more refined opinion on what's good within that style (good Nitzhonot like Cyan, Trivia, Luminus, Syndrome, etc.) and bad (Loona Park, Injector, etc.).

:)

Nithzonot can be great and Agneton is a proof of that. Perfect amount of cheese, many layers and powerful, but not annoying kicks. However I do believe that most of the Greek Uplifting was garbage. Cyan excluded cause they made some nice tracks in the beginning. At least we agree that Injector is awful. :P

• Like 1

These elements are not bad per se, and there's many many styles out there in the musical spectrum which try to excel at exactly those elements, like happy rave, makina, happy hardcore (happiness factor), hardstyle (the kickdrums), mizrahit music (oriental melodies), etc. People that like the forementioned styles will most probably like Nitzhonot, people who don't, won't.

Well, I'm not sure about that.

Myself, besides regular trance music, I am a great fan of "happy rave music" with cheesy cheese and fast tempo. I love Fantasy Trance, Eurodance, Nightcore, Happy Hardcore, Makina, Eurobeat, etc.

But I can't stand nitzhonot. It sounds too superficial to my ears (you and JBC Arkadii are an exception, as I like some of your tracks). I really dislike the oriental melodies, I really don't like the laser kick, and the nitzho-mood leave me boring, whereas I really enjoy energetic happy stuff.

What is fun, however, is that I like oriental/EBM patterns when they appear inside a Fantasy song. I even like Greek Uplifting. But I can't into Cyan, or any classic nitzho.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheeseless Uplifting can be nice or ok. For instance, "Intelligence Genetics" is considered as uplifting goa or nitzhonot?

It's the start of the Nitzhonot genre, although still heavily relying on the Goa Trance "palette" of sounds, according to me.

Also, according to my taste, it fails to excell on any specific level. It's not particulary psychedelic (which would've made it a good goa album), the melodies are completely average (both in terms of goa trance and nitzhonot), nor is it hard and/or fast (which would've made it a more interesting nitzhonot cd). Nope...none of the above!

It's just... bland. By no means terrible or incredibly dull, but it seems to have aged pretty badly...(imo!)

PS: Cosmic Trip used to be a big hit in Israel though, but I always failed to get why.

• 4 months later...

I feel almost sorry for this, but as great as some of their stuff is, California Sunshine also produced quite some crap... particularly Sinking Sand, and particularly tracks like these:

Voice of God is on Sinking Sand and i'd put it in my top 50 tracks of all time!

• 11 months later...