What's the worst goa track you've come across?

Oopie

I think it might be not so easy to answer? There's a lot of the kind that you might think "I don't like this" but it's not necessarily bad, just forgettable. Well, I was just recording one DAT tape late in the night, this track starts to play and... I started laughing it just sounds like every little thing done wrong.

• Like 2

Yeah I like it too, it has a more beginning-of-the-90's feel to it.

I must agree with that Omegahertz track though, damn.. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke? :P Not a big fan of his music but the other stuff I heard from him is much more uh... "grown up".

I must agree with that Omegahertz track though, damn.. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke? :P Not a big fan of his music but the other stuff I heard from him is much more uh... "grown up".

The vocals are indeed corny as hell, with all due to respect to the efforts the artist must've gone through as well as the creative courage to come up with this idea...

Off topic: Omegahertz is really underrated, his music often has loads of details and fun stuff going on. Too bad people seem to be missing out on that...

@agneton/djuna

don't these synth lines sound horribly out of tune to you? they don't fit together at all. oopie's track sounds more coherent and professional ;)

@franki

yes, they're not good in any way, but with fullon(/psy) there exists much much worse (with its own thread here on psynews). electro sun, perplex... just to give you some idea ;)

@johnb820

i don't find those bad at all, just leaning towards techno/techtrance. not something i'd want to hear in a goa set, but they have their place.

I think it might be not so easy to answer? There's a lot of the kind that you might think "I don't like this" but it's not necessarily bad, just forgettable. Well, I was just recording one DAT tape late in the night, this track starts to play and... I started laughing it just sounds like every little thing done wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's funny.

with a pinch of salt, not really the worst ever but funny and yes it's nitzhonot:

And something else worth mentioning is here:

No idea. I've gone through piles of less known 12"s and such. Plenty of it caused a "seriously?" reaction in about three seconds. That's when I hit 'next' and hopefully forget about the whole thing. As I try to avoid wasting money and/or bandwidth on stuff I don't like, the really bad stuff has mercifully disappeared in the mists of time.

Besides, I try to concentrate on the positive side, as hard as it might be. I don't see any dire need for more mud-flinging, bitching and trolling in this scene at the moment.

No idea. I've gone through piles of less known 12"s and such. Plenty of it caused a "seriously?" reaction in about three seconds. That's when I hit 'next' and hopefully forget about the whole thing. As I try to avoid wasting money and/or bandwidth on stuff I don't like, the really bad stuff has mercifully disappeared in the mists of time.

Besides, I try to concentrate on the positive side, as hard as it might be. I don't see any dire need for more mud-flinging, bitching and trolling in this scene at the moment.

Arguments about musical taste are truly pointless, and I wouldn't flame anyone for expressing theirs. One man's trash, though, and just as there are much-loved goa tracks that I truly despise, there are much-loathed tracks that I think are wonderful and overlooked/misunderstood. :)

Case in point. I really do love that first track. The chimes at the beginning are beautiful, and the tweaky acid lines do good things to my head. I especially like how reserved its atmosphere is compared to modern "bash you on the head" goa.

http://www.discogs.com/Cherouvim-Global-Touch/release/347107

Quite rated good and sells high though.

Cherouvim is - together with Cyan - the definition of good Greek (not Israeli!) Uplifting/ Nitzhonot Trance pre 2000. Wanna listen some bad Uplifting? There's plenty! Naga/Loona Park/Cyrix/whatever! But not these guys. Let's not confuse 'bad music' with 'that's actually just a style which does not match my taste but let's call it bad music anyway'.

The very first track is not sounds annoying or funny to me. Not bad at all.

Do you know smth about it (title? authors?)

Omegahertz is capable of the best, but also of the worst.

Oh my God, his vocal tracks are hilarious. She doesn't know how to sing ! Poor lady is ridiculous, and Omegahertz makes disgusting melodies to accompany her unskilled voice.

Wonderful time is horrible. The flute just killed me. It could have been played by a child.

And this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuDOMk_K7nA

02:10 is like NHJO holding a camero and a microphone.

And last year, he released an EP that I can't find anymore, that was totally crap, beause the lady ruined the songs.

What amazes me is that this guy is also able to produce some of the best trance. His last album was killing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z_iy5KflU&list=UUug457-Y1J1UO2HkInV1R6w&index=8

Awesome.

• Like 1