Psy-trance & Ego

Anoebis

stop it radi! we know that zoomorph is your troll account. yes, you have succeeded in generating more discussions, but there has to be a different way to achieve that. it's not only about quantity, but about quality.

its-a-mental-asylum-up-in-here.jpg

• Like 1

stop it radi! we know that zoomorph is your troll account. yes, you have succeeded in generating more discussions, but there has to be a different way to achieve that. it's not only about quantity, but about quality.

but have to say... your eenglish is improving muchly!!

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

But of course Balance-Music aka Mike (notorious angry troll here and on isratrance) is allowed to repeatedly insult and attack people without any consequences. But a quite funny and bang on "interview" is too much? tsk......

• Like 2

I never insulted anyone Elysium since rejoining here, I just pointed out the obvious facts about them over the years. I couldn't care less what Zoomorph posts about me. if that's the best he can do it's pretty sad, I mean look, I've had a bloke rock up at my door and threaten me with a knife a few years back over my trolling, so a few words by some other loser means nothing.

And yes you did meet me. You just don't remember it. I was in Denmark for my brothers wedding to a Danish woman and attended a gig you were at.

But of course Balance-Music aka Mike (notorious angry troll here and on isratrance) is allowed to repeatedly insult and attack people without any consequences. But a quite funny and bang on "interview" is too much? tsk......

The difference between BM and zoomorph is that zoomorph is aiming to humiliate people for the sake of it, and is eccessively agressive.

Even if I'm not OK with BM's argument (shouldn't be on a public forum IMO), he hasn't been insulting you (but rather criticizing and dealing with a former personnal intercourse you are supposed to both have once). He hasn't pushed the limit. And since I'm here, I haven't noticed that he has been uncorrect against anyone but you. But I'm not legitimating his deeds neither.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

We have a very different opinion about what's insulting or not. Read what he wrote about me again if you still do not find it insulting. I guess its also OK he call various people cunts in other debates here on Psynews ;)

But basically one got his quite funny and spot-on "interview" deleted because it was "over the top" while someone else (Mike from Australia) goes free even though he's the one who ignited it all by attacking me for no valid reason whatsoever.. Only one thing to say about that...tsk....

Funny thing is on isratrance (which I rarely visit these days) Mike is considered a major troll ;)

And who freaking care if Mike thinks he met me years back and thought I was a "cunt" or impolite for not having the time to speak to him.... Talking about holding a grudge...Jesus!!! Again I never met any Aussies in Denmark at gigs i played here. And suddenly it is only one time you met me even though you started out telling me you met me numerous times? ;)

May I suggest you get over yourself Mike and stop pretending you know people and who they are as persons when you NEVER met them! And look into the mirror before you judge other people on a personal level - people you got nu clue about!

Oh wheres the drama violin when you need it?

I very much disagree on you with this point. If you think that dancing to music can be entrancing, then why not with making music? In an audience, I love it to see an artist whose body language is totally in line with the feel and power of the music he or she creates at that very moment... Now don't make me post a Jimi Hendrix video!

But this has nothing to do with the video that Anoebis posted imo, that stuff is just easy music for easy people. But live and let live I guess...

Pay attention, Im talking about obsessively loving ones own music and not about being spaced out by creating music or tripping to it while creating trip for the rest of the party.

Im talking about OMG IM GONNA SLAY EM ALL WITH MY KILLARGH TUNE kind of attitude, I think I made it clear in my posts.

But others have pointed that out, so its a common thing.

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/37587-artist-elysium/?do=findComment&comment=521088

If ppl read this they can see your typical victim blame the scene behavior which you yourself keep saying is the same problem with many other modern musicians.

You also say Goa isn't a style of music, yet you always say in threads on here that ppl aren't making real Psy or Goa. If it's not, in your opinion, an actual style of music how can ppl be getting it wrong???

I see nothing wrong in the video ...

i myself did something similar to Transylvaliens Festival this year

smoked my joint and talk to other artist friends during my set ...even dancing

funny cuz..usually im very static and very focused on my music during play

something indeed strange is for me this live for ex:

but i must agree...this has nothing to do with Ego

^^ Would rather someone emotionally involved in their music even if just playing dj set, than someone Pretending to tweak knobs constantly for show :) So the first one.

*Billy Cosmosis gets a pass from over acting because frankly he is an incredible musician. And one hell of a showman haha :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this was actually an interesting topic from the outset, so I will add my 2 cents...

Putting aside how much actual 'live' work goes in to a live set on stage (a whole other discussion!) how the artist behaves is up to them. I see no problem with them behaving as over-the-top as they want if they really enjoy it. This goes for DJ sets or live sets.

I am firmly of the belief that a certain % of the reason DJ Tristan is so hugely popular is because he is *SO* damn happy on stage. Opinions on his music will always differ, but where no one can disagree is that he has a genuinely awesome time on stage sharing it. Even if I am not really in the mood for that kind of full-on, I can't help by be energised by his unique dancing and huge smile. For me I get a real enjoyment of seeing this kind of genuine passion from an artist.

At Boom this year we stood at the back for his set as we were tired after a big week, and had a pair of binoculars with us to see all the way to the stage. Many people used them around us on the dancefloor and everyone was left smiling after being able to see him shirt-less on stage raging away almost like he was in the crowd.

With this in mind I typically have always found the time to see him in my festival schedule, even though he's not musically a favorite.

While not comparable in terms of over-the-top physicality, the range of emotions John 00 Fleming displayes through his extended sets is equally engaging in a different way. As he goes from deep deep progressive through melodic trance and in to psy, he varies from being focused deeply on his work to occasionally letting loose with both arms high. The journey in the lines on on his face almost match the magnificent journeys he crafts over several hours. (And that is from a man who openly admits himself that he'd happily be DJing from a corner, out of focus, like was once the norm in the very very early days.)

By the time he's playing his last hour typically all full power psytrane, it's all smiles, kind of like a 'job well done' face.

With that said, I also got a lot from seeing the assuredly genuine wide smile of Anoebis on stage this year. Not the most or least animated on stage, but that sincere smile from within says a lot more than what others will show in a thousand more dance moves. Max from Etnica was similar at Connection Festival.

It's more about the sincerity than the act itself. No problem if an artist just wants to stand up there and mix, or go mental, as long as it's not forced. Thankfully I don't think we have too many forced acts in psy.

• Like 1

or do you prefer this xd

I'm getting more and more convinced that Psykovsky is actually just trolling everybody. His music is going to get more and more weird and extreme and in a few years he'll announce that his music was just a big prank.

• Like 1