Aavepyörä analog live video teaser

Something I've been building recently, I'm premiering this with Lau Lau in January, so if you're around, be welcome!

I'll be happy to answer any questions... And also welcome discussion about how people who play live here incorporate live material into their sets? I'm dead tired of playing DJ sets myself, and can't recall seeing... Hmm almost any psy lives that would have stuff happening that wasn't actually set up previously to happen in a pretty railroaded way...

• Like 1

That's pretty cool! What do you use as a sequencer, hardware or DAW? Can't really see what kind of stuff you got on your table. You mix with your laptop, is that correct? With what reason? I only know very few live-acts that play live with their gear. For the rest it's people playing waveforms on a laptop and EQ'ing on a dj mixer, having that "pro look" on their face each time a track is fading into the next one... ^^

• 2 weeks later...

From the video description:

"

A small teaser of a live I'm building featuring the Boomstar 4075 as the lead synth, with a MXR Distortion+, EQ10, and the Moogerfooger 12 stage phaser. Tracks run from Reaper, and I'm triggering MIDI clips from Playtime plugin from a Quneo controller. The loops go to Cream arpeggiator by Kirnu, also automated thru the pads. Various pads control a bunch of other effects too: Livecut, Fire, Glitch, etc... Controlling everything is an IBM Thinkpad X60s from the year 2006!"

So the tracks are already composed, I'm only creating live one synth channel + the pedals and all FSU effects of course. The system is quite fun to play: I can create synth lines that are unique, so each set will be different, but everything stays in sync all the time. Vangelis is using basically the same kind of system, I learned afterwards. Only his is of course a million times more evolved, and allows him to play the whole composition live from the beginning.

It's not so much to carry around, one synth, the controller, some pedals, the laptop and sound interface, it all fits in in one carry-on flight case.