Tracks with octave-bass.

Taika-Kim

So I think it's a scientific fact, that disco bass is the ultimate bassline.

What goa tracks have this? From top of my mind, can be wrong:

Let's not count proggressive since then the list would go on forever :)

Asia 2001 - Flirt Filter (at times)

Mindfield - Let's Get Stoned and Watch the Freaks (the BEST, no variation, whee)

Indoor - The Key (they do break the rhythm though so it's not pure, I just checked..It's still obnoxious enough I think)

Sundog - Touch the Sun

Trancelestial Psychobabas and Ormazd count too I think... Though they have variation too.

?? moer?

("disco bass" is a 8th note octave interval where the lower not falls on beat, and the higher on offbeat.So like the german offbeat bass with an additional strike overlaid with the kick drum an octave lower. also great variant 8th16th16th so it's dunn-dada-dunn-dada instead on dunn-bumm-dunn-bumm)

Yes this is the best thread.

I don't pay attenton usually, as long as it makes me move, but I checked your examples and that's right:

if you want people on the dancefloor to look like Indians circling around a totem, that's THE bass to use!

It gives crazy feelings :)

Truly next level New Order stuff, like I don't know, maybe he should create a startup and start composing these basslines for rich people or I don't know what, wow, like he would be so rich:

Probably the best application in a trance tune I know :D

Heh, lot's of funny tracks here, I think it's impossible to take a track that uses this seriously especially if the bassline moves up and down even the slightest bit :)

That Mushroommman track has the offbeat hit really heavy, but no octave jump...

OK, not trance, more like real oldschool goa stuff actually, but one of my favourite applications of this... And amazingly, every time I see this on a dancefloor, it just takes people away, good job from a track that's technically basically taped together by sheer luck :D Thank you God for synthesizers so we less gifted can also haz make music.

I am so sorry for double offtop, but:

1) My favorite type of bassline in psytrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtCam4fBvI

2) On what equipment it was done? (I mean bass of course)