Artist: Travma

Title: Doomsday Prophecy EP

Label: Timewarp

Date: July, 2014

1. Astrojen (Chaos Mix)

2. Modular Sequence

3. The Reality

RVM6gGK.gif

Stop. Just stop it with the Matrix samples. It's tired. You realize that movie came out 15 years ago right? Everyone and their sister used it. It's become a meme, my brain shuts off as soon as I hear it. And what happened to you anyway? Where did your goa go? Are you transitioning? This EP sounds like the shiny new Astral stuff that had everyone rolling their eyes.

waiter: Might I interest you in some goa sir?

Me: No thank you, I couldn't possibly handle another deep, melodic array with lush soundscapes.

waiter: Perhaps something from our goa lite menu?

That's what this is. Waitaminit...are these old tracks that you are just releasing? That would put some context on some things. Now let me be clear, it's not bad. It's not full on remixes of his past music so we haven't fallen into that fiery pit of hell. But it's full-on with the hint of goa. A taste. A soucon. We are nowhere near the quality of his past compositions. So if he is making the move to melodic trance or a different avenue of music who the hell am I to say he shouldn't do that. This just caught me off guard. This reminded me of the direction that Afgin moved toward with the EP's he released after his Suntrip album.

Psyshop

Mdk