It's official: Richie Hawtin is an asshole....

Lemmiwinks

Don't know if you've seen this, he has recently pushed a speaker on a girl who he considered got too close to him while taking a snapshot on her iphone... Later he said it was an accident and he appologizes (well, obviously now that he has a potential lawsuit on his hands you'd expect that...) although it appears pretty clear on the video that he didn't give a damn when it happened (it also appears that he was high?).

[meida]

[/media]

anyway, he gets a major thumbs DOWN from me, total loss of respect here...

Willingly pushing a monitor on somebody is an absolut no-go. On the other hand it could as well be that he just wanted to move the monitor and didn't realise that the table is allready ending. Especially if he was playing for a while and getting tired or if he was high. I mean the stage is full (which is something that seems to be quite common nowaways since lots of organisers think they can show off their imaginary balls and be on stage with their booked artists, which I think is also a no-go) of people filming him. The girl is quite far away if you see how close the other guys on the stage are. To me it doesn't make much sense if he gets angry about her but not about the rest of the guys. It also doesn't make much sense (not even if he is high as a kite) that he would think he can get away with that if the girl is filming him and lots of other people around too.

At least it wasn't like the Lamb of God show in Prague in 2010 in which the vocalist pushed a kid off stage, who smakced his head on the floor and died later. The vocalist was charged with manslaughter, but not convicted.

He pushed a speaker at a girl... so what? who cares? I can't believe this trivial story has so much publicity, and it's all because people are being giant pussies about it ("OMG... that's a total no go", "OMG he lost all respect", "OMG he's such a bad person", etc). Bunch of cry-babies with no sense of humor.

Wow Veracohr... I hadn't thought of that. You're right, if someone pushed a speaker on me I wouldn't like it. Therefore, I shouldn't like it if someone pushes a speaker on anyone else. Perfect logic. If someone stabbed me, I wouldn't like that either. If I got injured by in a storm, I wouldn't like that either.

I propose that we ban speakers, knives, and storms. Life would be so much more easy, comfortable, and boring without any of these horrible, cruel, unfair dangers that threaten to hurt our feelings at every turn.

• Like 1