TRISTAN - WAY OF LIFE (OUT NOW on NANO RECORDS)

Tristans' mark on the Psy Trance world has been present almost from the very first time the words 'Goa Trance' were uttered. Playing an integral role in the psychedelic sounds coming out of the UK in the early days of the 90's and building his name up as one of the scene's most sought after and respected DJ's, Tristan toured the world relentlessly promoting his vibe and the music he holds so dear. Inspiring artists and fans wherever his tall figure has towered over the decks he has always been a man of the people, there for the party just as much as they are, on the dance floor enthusing about the music of others, and always approachable.

Nearly everyone who has even a modest appreciation for psychedelic dance music has a legendary Tristan set they can reminisce on. Never following trends, but rather setting his own bar time and time again, Tristan has focused all his attention on his own music for the last 10 years of his career and expanded and shared his knowledge with a huge amount of collaborations and hours spent in the studio.

To mark this wonderful release Way of Life" features artwork by UK Visionary Artist Emma Watkinson. Emma and Tristan collaborated closely on the concept and design, with Emma pouring weeks of work into hand painting every tiny detail. It will take you months to find and decipher all that is interwoven within the artwork. Truly something special for a special moment in time.

Celebrating two decades of Tristan's passion, dedication and music, "Way of Life" is a testament to Tristan's determined effort to rock dance floors everywhere and promote a life-style we all hold so dear.

Digital from Beatport:

- http://www.beatport.com/release/way-of-life/1416680

CD from Psyshop:

- http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/nar/nar1cd037.html

Large prints of the hand-painted cover artwork from Emma:

- https://www.facebook.com/EmmaWatkinsonArtist

Artist: Tristan

Label: Nano Records

Cat no. : nanoocd037

Format: CD & Digital Download

Release Date: 01 December 2014

Track List:

1. Tristan -Talking in Technicolour (Dancefloor Deluxe Version)

2. Killerwatts - Another Planet (Tristan Remix)

3. Tristan - Time and Space

4. Tristan - Excitement Generator

5. Tristan - Parallel Reality

6. Tristan - Melody Maker

7. Tristan - Multi-Dimensional Consciousness

8. Tristan - Enlightenment

9. Fearsome Engine - Seeding Life (Tristan Remix)

Nano Records on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nanorecords

Nano Records on Twitter: www.twitter.com/nanorecords

Nano Records of Soundcloud: @nano-records

Nano Records on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/nanorecadmin

Nano Records on Beatport: www.beatport.com/label/nano-records/2527

Tristan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/djtristanfanpage

Tristan on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/djtristan

• Like 1

This Is NOT Goa Trance

Nope, sure as shit ain't Goa. I would never buy this.

Let me tell you though: if I heard this in a club I would dance my skinny white butt off. It think it's pretty good party music, with loads of psychedelic touches.

This Is NOT Goa Trance

I don't know anything about this album yet so I'm not trying to defend anything but this kind of comment is getting irritating those days, Psynews is not only about goa trance (I know your user name doesn't agree though :D)

Tristans' mark on the Psy Trance world has been present almost from the very first time the words 'Goa Trance' were uttered. Playing an integral role in the psychedelic sounds coming

I think Goa Pride was referring to this.

I think Goa Pride was referring to this.

Which is a true statement... He has been around a long time...

I played two of the tracks in a dj set on Saturday (I was the second dj, started out proggy and ended more full-on-ish), and both worked very well on the dancefloor (played #5 earlier in my set with some proggier stuff and closed my set with track 6).

I think many people reviewing a lot of music on here (yes, I know not everyone, but I would be very curious in knowing) only listen to music at home and don't hear much psytrance on a dancefloor on a proper system. And there is some music I love hearing/dancing to but don't really enjoy on a lower volume at my house. And some music that sounds a little cheesy or silly in your living room can be absolutely perfect on a dancefloor if the energy is in that particular state... These are just general comments, not necessarily related to Tristan's album, but I know I do appreciate his music more on the dancefloor for sure...

• Like 1

I've listened to some recent tristan tracks and I've found them pretty decent. Much better than Chemisphere stuff.

I'd agree.

Chemisphere was o.k. but for me, it strayed too far into Israeli Full-on cheese territory, with the rock guitars etc.

The new album I much prefer. :)

Yeah, it's surprisingly decent and succeeds at distancing itself - a bit - from the cliche Nano Rec. music.

Still, if that kind of sound rocks your boat your money is better spent on something like Tron's Existence, Psilocybian's Dreamtime or - from Nano, surprisingly - Master Blasters' Life Changing Experience. Those will work not only on in the club, but are deep enough & intricate to be enjoyable in other listening contexts.

Yeah, it's surprisingly decent and succeeds at distancing itself - a bit - from the cliche Nano Rec. music.

Still, if that kind of sound rocks your boat your money is better spent on something like Tron's Existence, Psilocybian's Dreamtime or - from Nano, surprisingly - Master Blasters' Life Changing Experience. Those will work not only on in the club, but are deep enough & intricate to be enjoyable in other listening contexts.

As far as full-on goes you cannot go wrong with Psilocybian. I wouldn't put him up with Braincell, for instance, as the best out there, but he is never disappointing, always quite good. I'll check out Tron and Master Blasters, neither is in my collection. Thanks for the recommend!

I've got the last two, but only Biologic by Tron. (Which is still pretty decent.) ;)

"Existence" is better IMO, less typical and has a lot of unexpected / non-standard sounds, arrangements, samples etc. But it's not easy - it sounds pretty repetitive and chaotic at first, only after few listens you'll hear nuanced progression, minutiae detals, recognize the patterns, etc. Worth it, though :)

As far as full-on goes you cannot go wrong with Psilocybian. I wouldn't put him up with Braincell, for instance, as the best out there, but he is never disappointing, always quite good. I'll check out Tron and Master Blasters, neither is in my collection. Thanks for the recommend!

Well, while you're at it, check Dissociactive's Total Transformation and Biodegradable's Phaser - they're both awesome IMO, yet greatly overlooked. I mean they reviewed well, but are rarely mentioned.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

How can someone who made a blinding amazing tune such as "Small Paper Squares" make such a stereotype album (modern bass-line cliche album)? Money? Fame? gigs?

This is such an awesome tune.... Trippy, psychedelic as hell.

And then listen to his new album...mehhhhh

• Like 1

How can someone who made a blinding amazing tune such as "Small Paper Squares" make such a stereotype album (modern bass-line cliche album)? Money? Fame? gigs?

This is such an awesome tune.... Trippy, psychedelic as hell.

And then listen to his new album...mehhhhh

I do love that track!!! :D

Well, while you're at it, check Dissociactive's Total Transformation and Biodegradable's Phaser - they're both awesome IMO, yet greatly overlooked. I mean they reviewed well, but are rarely mentioned.

Thanks for the mention of Total Transformation (http://shop.sunstation.ru/album/dissociactive-total-transformation). A really good album.

I'm also enjoying other Dissociactive music available from Ektoplazm:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/dissociactive-vs-sorrowmurk-blast-from-the-past

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/dissociactive-underwater-lab-ep