Astral prjection ambient

radi6404

Lately I was away because I started a new apprenticeship in Stuttgart, therefore i did not post a lot here anymore because i did not take my Internet stick with me at the apartment I am staying during the week. Anyway, lately I realised that the ambient of Astral Projection is probably the best ambient sound i know. Especially the track Unbelievable technology is an example of this, because that ttrack is really a pure masterpeace. it is very hypnotic, dreamy and great for winter listening. I don´t know any track that sounds more dreamy and realxed, laid back and yet as melodic as unbelievable technology. For me that track sounds like a great sunny winter day in November or December or January or February. The cristal clear synthline with the melody sounds so dream,y and hypnotical that that track is really an exceptional track. No words can do justice to the atmosphere in this track, because the sound is so clean and floating, that you can llisten tot he track over and over again and never question any second of the track. The fharmony in this track is pefect and the colour of this track aswell. Would I have to define a colour for this track, it would be light blue, just as the light blue winter sky in europe where I live. Unbelievable technology is probably the track I have listened the most altely and listened the most anyway. Does anyone know similar tracks to it? What do you people think about it. By the way, unbelievable technology is a remix of Tryptomine dream, and even Tryptomine dream is one of the best tracks of Astral Projection in my opinion. The only similar downbeat track by astral projection is 12 000 suns and maybe Ambiet galaxy, however ambient galaxy is not that similar, neither is electronic or ambience. Some yeras back I wanted to create a cover of unbelievable technology and asked about a synth that can reporduce the masterful string at the beginning of the track. There was one member in KVr audio that did recreate the string and it sounded just like th AP sound or even a bit better. There should be a whole genre dedicated to tracks just like Unbelievable technology.

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean, well almost... I'm not familiar with this track specifically, but Astral's ambient side is absolutely amazing. For the longest time, when I lived in hot and sunny Israel in my teens I used to come home everyday after school and listen to Ambient Galaxy and Liquid sun (and I think a couple more of their ambient tracks... well, they don't have many, but I just remember those), and I used to put on the UV-light, the air condition, and incense and smoke a Nargila (middle eastern style fruit tobacco water pipe) with my friend and just zone out and eventually fall asleep, in eachour own bed in this big diplomatic luxurious apartment room - like every day for months and months. There was something just so magical about this very specific ritual, I can't explain it. After-school + Israel + air condition + UV + incense + nargila + friend and ambient AP... it was just an amazing combination. Like nostalgia extreme mixed with a magical drug... that's how that still feels in my mind. Ambient AP can freeze a moment in time you will never forget. AP are masters, absolute masters.

When I read your comment I just happened to listen to a bypassing ambient goa track by random, it's pretty good and has somwhat the same feel of AP. It's by Coagoa and it's called 'Algae Forest (Haunted Fores Psytrance Mix)'. Worth a check.

it´s true. It freezes a moment in time and it is an exceptional experience, but you have to listen to unbelievable technology. it is by far the best ambient track by Astral projection and the best goabient trackt hat was ever produced. Seriously, I did never listen to anything as good or better, more advanced, clean and floating as Unbelievable Technology by Astra Projection. The track unfortunately only appears on the compilation Zeitlos which is German and means timeless. But the name for the compilation is justified because that track is indeed timeless. There is one track by zerotonine that is called Lunatic. That track is also very good and one of the best ambient tracks I know, but Unbelievable Technology is still 3 or 4 times better than that track. Astral projection are masters and show it in most of their works, but in this track they were overwhelming. some newschool artist has to produce covers of that track and there should be a compilation dedicated only to covers and similar tracks to this masterpeace, because in my opinion this track tells such a long and rich story as a movie with a duration of two hours. it is mroe than a track to me, it is an atmosphere, it is a mood, a tone of colours, of peace and relaxation, absolutely the best Astral track for the colder period of the year. it is no surprice that over the last 5 years it was the track I listened the most times too. I listened more to that track than to tracks by Boris Blenn. Unbelievable Technology is one of my absolute favourite tracks and I really love it. it is strange how artists didn´t listen to carefully to Tryptomine dream and Unbelievable technology, because those tracks are very unique in their sound and doesn´t have the usual Astral sound, they are a mixture between emotional and melancholic, but they are also a bit trancey.

My answer will be a bit off topic but a track that reminds me Tryptomine dream is Hammerhead from Chi-A.D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TupTIrHIkzM the atmosphere and melodic background are perfect for fall or winter time. But I think you know this track already.

As for the downtempo version called Unbelievable technology it's a beautiful track indeed and like you said 12.000 suns is brilliant. Unfortunately i am not the best person to recommend tracks in the same genre as i don't listen to much downtempo. But maybe you'll be interested in the track Rain no water (from Ra).

It is different, it's beatless but maybe you'll like it. It is the most beautiful ambient track I have discovered this year

here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4KzPLTYVDM

perfect for winter time IMO.

I will listen to those tracks, but at the moment my only soundcard is in my other apartment from the apprenticeship and I only have very bad Onboard at the moment that I am not using. I will order another soundccard. About the tracks, I think that Tryptomien dream and Unbelievable technology are unique for Astral Projection because they have a different atmosphere to other goa and psytrance tracks.

I will commend. I think it's not the best ambient tune by AP for sure. It got some interesting moments, but in the end it's just downtempo remix of Tryptomine Dream and as a remix it's okayish. Ambient Galaxy (Disco Valley Mix) in my book is the top of the pyramid regarding the slower Astral Projection sound.

you prefer ambient galaxy over unbelievable technology because you prefer the melodic side of Astral Projection over the chilly melancholic side. The track Unbelievable Technology has elements that not every person can see. The track sounds a bit herb or bitter to me like black tea left in the cup for a long time. It has something elegant and somehow expensive sounding in it´s sound, that is probably the chillfactor of this track. Another important thing of Unbelievable Technology is that it sounds like you are outside and when you listen to it, you feel like you are walking near a forest in a sunny winter day or a sunny autumn day. In my opinion Unbelievable technology has some elements in it that give the track an overwhelming atmosphere. The track itself doesn´t sound as happy as other tracks by Astral Projection. Instead, it has a melancholic touch in it that is unique to that track and triptomine dream.

Well, the best non-remix AP ambient track is easily Electronic. The bassline on that track... and those tom fills... mmmm. I also really enjoy Still on Mars. Honestly though their ambient stuff is not very compelling. It's just their goa tracks at a slower BPM, a broken beat, and half the musical ideas cut out of the original. And the less we talk about Ambience the better.

you prefer ambient galaxy over unbelievable technology because you prefer the melodic side of Astral Projection over the chilly melancholic side. The track Unbelievable Technology has elements that not every person can see.

Wrong.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

I guess we have a very different idea of what is ambient. I do not see anything ambient in their downtempo. It's downtempo at best. Personally to me it sound like their dancefloor tunes taken down in tempo. Not my cup of tea really and far from being masterpieces. I consider their downtempo very weak to be honest compared to so many really amazing artists out there.

I guess no matter what they do it will always be the best and most brilliant music in Radi's ears ;)

I guess we have a very different idea of what is ambient. I do not see anything ambient in their downtempo. It's downtempo at best. Personally to me it sound like their dancefloor tunes taken down in tempo. Not my cup of tea really and far from being masterpieces. I consider their downtempo very weak to be honest compared to so many really amazing artists out there.

I guess no matter what they do it will always be the best and most brilliant music in Radi's ears ;)

That is absolutely not true. you just have a different opinion than me and you like different thigns in music than I do. For example I like the act Lunar Sound, it ihas very good downtempo break tracks with great electronic sounds and nice melodies. When I talked about that album here in the forum, not a lot of people liked it, I do like it a lot however. I also like many other albums that are real downbeat like downbeat by Boris Blenn or stuff like bonce de gaya. In my opnion downbeat should sound active and atmospheric. That is the reason why I don´t like the ambient of The Infinity Project. I do like Shpongle however, because it is very active, however I prefer electronical downbeat. And by the way, it is not Astral Projection why I like the music, it is the music that I like and it happens to be Astral projection. Would it be a differnt artist, I would still love the music just like I like many other tracks that sound similar to Astral Projection.

"Unbelievable Technology" is a mediocre/bad track. Nothing really special or stands out about it. And it's certainly not ambient music at all, just downtempo.

Their best downtempo tracks IMO are "Ambient Galaxy (Disco Valley Mix)", "Still Dreaming (Anything Can Happen)", "Ambience", and "Electronic".

If that is true for you, it doesn´t have to be true for other people since taste is different you know. Technically speaking it is a very good track since it is rich in sound and contains many layers and complexe melodies. A more complex downtempo track by Astral projection is 12.000 sounds. The tracks you mentioned are musically not as advanced as unbelievable technology or 12.000 suns. They are more melodic however and that may be something you like in their tracks.

"Unbelievable Technology" doesn't seem any more complex or layered than the others. The reason I don't like it is that it lacks a signature or unique sound... it doesn't stand out, it's boring, it's just a bunch of sounds that don't really convey any emotions or anything interesting. Among thousands of downtempo tracks, I have no reason to listen to "Unbelievable Technology" when there are so many better ones.

"Unbelievable Technology" doesn't seem any more complex or layered than the others. The reason I don't like it is that it lacks a signature or unique sound... it doesn't stand out, it's boring, it's just a bunch of sounds that don't really convey any emotions or anything interesting. Among thousands of downtempo tracks, I have no reason to listen to "Unbelievable Technology" when there are so many better ones.

I respect your opinin, but as I said, different people have different taste in music so it is not unusual that you don´t hear the things that I hear in certain tracks like Unbelievable Technology in this case. For me Unbelievable Technology is a special track because of the special atmosphere of the track. Other tracks by Astral Projection don´t have that mood. you don´t fanything special about that mood and therefore don´t like that track that much, but musically I think it is one of the more advanced tracks of Astral Projection.