Tribal Roots Vol.1 mixed by Astral Projection

dcrcd030_500x500.jpg

Title: VA - Tribal Roots Vol.1 mixed by Astral Projection

Release date: December 8th 2014

Label: Dacru Records - Catalogue number: DCRCD030

Release info:

The Tribal Roots limited edition mix series are building on the true spirit of the Belgian event line by the same name, with massive turnout each time a nice selection of true pioneers passes along. For this first volume the one and only Astral Projection provides a timeless mix with some of the most iconic tracks from the early days of goa. Get your copy soon as we?ve only printed 1000 worldwide with an exclusive high quality finish.

01. X-DREAM - OUR OWN HAPPINESS

02. VOODOO PEOPLE - QUADSTEP

03. THE INFINITY PROJECT - STIMULI

04. CYDONIA - ANIMALS

05. TOTAL ECLIPSE - WAITING FOR A NEW LIFE

06. DOOF - LET'S TURN ON

07. RAINBOW SPIRIT - PRANA

08. ASTRAL PROJECTION - PEOPLE CAN FLY

09. MAN WITH NO NAME - TELEPORT

10. TRANSWAVE - HYPERSPHERE

11. ELECTRIC UNIVERSE - ONE LOVE

Hope they at least mixed it by themselves... ;-)

Really quite a disappointing tracklist, classics we've all heard over a 1000 times, no unreleased or rare goodies, no real incentive to buy (AP name + cover just ain't enough!). Maybe nice for newbies

this must be a f$$king joke!

does someone really wants a comp with these un-rar tracks?

limited edition for the moneygrubbers? F$$K U, i hope this sells really bad...

allright, ass up, face down, it's time for a DP... ehhm, i mean AP

radi, where are you..?

does someone really wants a comp with these un-rar tracks?

I don't see any particular problem with introducing new generations to oldschool goa while using the AP brand for visibility.

limited edition for the moneygrubbers?

I'm not sure if you've noticed but practically all psy CDs have been single runs of <=1000 copies for years. Represses are rare. Heck, new Filteria albums come in 1000 copies, most Suntrip stuff fewer than that. Good luck getting big bucks for this when even the most reliable market of physical-only oldschoolers are likely to skip it. I'd find the scenario of a few hundred unsold copies a year later more likely than that.

Indeed, no rarities here. On one hand it's a missed chance, on the other it makes this safe to skip if you already got everything in the 90s. Not everyone did, though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you've noticed but practically all psy CDs have been single runs of <=1000 copies for years. Represses are rare. Heck, new Filteria albums come in 1000 copies, most Suntrip stuff fewer than that. Good luck getting big bucks for this when even the most reliable market of physical-only oldschoolers are likely to skip it. I'd find the scenario of a few hundred unsold copies a year later more likely than that.

yeah, i'm totally aware of that. nevertheless, i've never seen suntrip promoting any of their releases as limited editions.

anyway, i'm kind of upset seeing tons of unnecessary cd-releases. i understand that pressing on physical format may be something like a accolade for producers, but really, is it useful to produce such amounts of garbage, ie hundreds of unsold cd's? a mix of classics released a hundred times which are still affordable? and i also don't think that this release is meant for all the thousands new goa-chicks who really search for oldschool from the so-called golden age on cd. if so, they forgot that young chicks don't buy cd's

my advice: release only the best from the best from the best from the best physically, we produce enough trash these days