Favourite Alien Project record?

filthysock

I have a weird affinity for Alien Project.
Back in the days when you only listened to the hard copies of what you actually had to physically buy and before internet orders were as easy as they are today - Alien Project - Midnight Sun was one of my deepest and trippiest audio landscape adventures I could partake on.

When internet streaming opened up I started to listen to all his next albums, and though I don't think any of them really touch what Midnight Sun was... (they lack atmosphere, etc.) I for some reason always go back to them, as well as Midnight Sun.

What do you guys think of his work and which album do you like the best?

I understand how it is when you make a connection with an album. It's a soundtrack that captures a period in your life and you reflect on it fondly. And it's different for everyone.

That said, with the improvements in technology, software, and production I find his stuff unlistenable. Just a different time.

Mdk

• Like 1

I disliked it with a passion... Empty, and the fillings that were there, were used over and over again. I remember someone that proved one of his tracks had exact the same melody as another track, simply backwards. The rest of the structures were the same too... Too much copy/paste that means...

Lol... I knew this would be controversial. I get it, I feel you. I get the underlying cheese of his music, but I have a conflicted affinity for his music. Midnight Sun struck a chord with me though when I was young, like I said... that CD became a travel companion. I feel like he went in a different direction with his newer albums. But yeah... I just had to ask the community here...
pretty much expecting this reaction... lol.

Well, Midnight Sun was somewhat OK I guess, can't remember and I sold the CD years ago. I seem to remember it was quite crappily mastered and clipped quite a lot.

Aztechno Dream was kinda silly. Sold it also years ago.

Still, I liked this track from Midnight Sun back then (Desert Incident). Not my cup of chai these days.

I quite enjoyed Aztechno Dream back when it came out, but it probably had more to do with the fact that there were quite a few good parties thrown back then. It was straight, simple and party friendly, as far as I can remember, however I'm not sure I'd feel that today were I to listen to it again. The last two albums, on the other hand, now that's where I was left stranded on a desert island.

• 3 weeks later...