Interstellar

Lemmiwinks

Hmm, Paprika is a conundrum for me. I enjoyed the film, but I found the ending quite lacking, too sudden, that it didn't feel right with the movie. But otherwise, it was pretty good, especially the music.

hmm that's odd, personally I enjoyed Inception but never found it to be a great movie simply because I found the main idea too unlikely.

BTW, South Park pretty much nailed the plot problems in the head in Insheeption ("just because an idea is complicated doesn't make it cool" ;))

On the other hand, I could totally relate to Interstellar, 99% of what is in there could be possible someday in the future IMO (well, ok, except the "love transcends dimensions" stuff which was a bit tacky). Part of it is already true today, like people concentrating on everyday concerns like food rather than space travel to the point where it seems unthinkable that people went to the Moon in the 60s

PS never thought much about Paprika BTW, didn't really get what all the fuss was over that one...

It was a nice movie.

However, when I left the theatre there was one thought in my head "How the fuck do you survive a black hole???... Give us a break Mr. Nolan"... All the other stuff was great.

he survived because 5-dimensional beings from the future saved him ;)

he survived because 5-dimensional beings from the future saved him ;)

and how would that happen when he hasnt even saved the world ? it suffers from the boot-strap paradox and some other plot holes but lets just suspend disbelief for the sake of convenience .

and how would that happen when he hasnt even saved the world ? it suffers from the boot-strap paradox and some other plot holes but lets just suspend disbelief for the sake of convenience .

Well, it makes sense to me: saving the World was an event that has always happened, hence the feeling that those beings were "we" from the future, don't you ever watch Dr Who? :)

Well, it makes sense to me: saving the World was an event that has always happened, hence the feeling that those beings were "we" from the future, don't you ever watch Dr Who? :)

If we don't assume they where saved by future humans would there still be a bootstrap paradox? 180px-ALF_with_tanners.jpg

What if Alf gave them the coordinates the first time and then made the 3-dimensional space in the black hole to cover up his tracks? So he wouldn't influence the future too much? Maybe that's why he left us... To set this whole thing up...

Yeah, the ending isn't that solid. In fact, for me the last hour of the movie could be cut, it seriously lacks some emotional depth. The way how they explained the situation in the beginning gets lost towards the end.

Like the moment when he sees her 100+ year old daughter, it's like: "Here you are, dying, didn't see you for a century to you but I'll leave now so you can say hello to your children and grandchildren WHO TOTALLY IGNORED ME, STILL THE PATER FAMILIAS OF THIS FUCKING FAMILY"

Also, at the end we're going from one spaceship to another, eventually leaving without hesitation to an other planet, alone, not really clear how Cooper could rescue or help Brand.

Another thing:

The idea behind Mann just wanting to save his own ass is an okay twist, but it's something we've seen too much in space movies. The good thing is that I didn't notice it was Matt Damon, apparently

• 4 weeks later...

It was better than I expected.

When all the out there stuff was happening I couldn't believe they actually put it in the movie, like that they went That far out haha. I certainly enjoyed that aspect and visuals were quite nice.

• 5 weeks later...