Artist: Ascent

Title: Inside the Forest EP

Label: Tandava Records

Date: November, 2013

1. Heavy Clouds

2. Liquid Meadow

3. Purple Elves

DCiRHbo.gif

I know I'm not as active as I used to be. As a father of two I have other responsibilities so spoon feeding you wisdom and comedy has unfortunately tumbled down the priority ladder like Mr. Glass in Unbreakable. But that doesn't mean I've stopped listening to our music. Just can't review everything I hear. Someone's gotta put dinner on the table, do the laundry, clean the house, and make sure the kids don't die.

So when I came across this guy I simply had to write about it. Ascent is Bojan Stojiljkovic and with a name like that I'm guessing he's from psytrance promised land otherwise known as the Balkan region. Don't quote me on that though I've been wrong before. This three track EP has made me thirsty for more. Much more. He straddles the line between progressive and psy like Ovnimoon. Each track is detailed to overflowing involving the listener in his story. Big time entrancement with a gloomy atmosphere. Seems like everyone is doing progressive these days and it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

But this guy is doing it right. I can't wait to listen to more of his melodic and moody stuff. Now if you'll excuse me I think I hear Dr. Phil calling my name.

*Grabs bag of chips, steps over two growing piles of laundry, and settles in to couch groove*

Beatport

Mdk