Hux Flux - "Circle, Sine, Sound" (Z-Plane Records)

huxflux almost have zero goa trance tracks! Almost zero goa psy tracks (maybe they reach that description time slices, times slices remix and logarythmic)!

They are pure old school psy trance!

As for their new album, i hope they keep their original sound with an evolved twist! Really excited about their album!

samples please!

YES!!!!! This is the best news I have heard in a long time! I have been waiting for this release for so many years... Have been really impressed with their recent compilation tracks, and have heard great things about the newer live performances. It's about @%* time this was released!!!! Happy new year for sure :)

The thing I love about Hux Flux is you just know it is at least going to be Psychedelic! :D

Something sorely missing lately imo! Goa or not, this should be goooood.

One of few artists who actually i am never dissapointed with, specially live.

If they produce another super album like Cryptic Crunch, I'm down!

The style on that album was so unique, catchy, and psychedelic, though a little sterile (impressive technically) and lacking in feeling IMO. They can produce something even more infectious, deep, and imaginative if they're passionate enough and take their time. Call Cryptic Crunch Goa or Psytrance. I don't care which term people would rather use. Let us not allow our preferences to cause us to waste energy over associations so trivial.

Most of us agree that Cryptic Crunch was/IS psychedelic. I enjoyed the style on some of their tracks more than others, but still consider it a cult classic in music.

I've heard the samples, but unsure which ones are from their upcoming album. The samples have the ingredients; some of the tracks would sound better with more creative/infectious direction, POWER, development, evolution, feeling, and melodies. Paradigm Shift is a lot better than Neural Growth (which is thankfully a work in progress). Finite Automat is pretty catchy for an unreleased demo. I'd probably remove Neural Growth (unfinished work...) from the samples because it's quite incomplete sounding and doesn't reflect well the new material. Somnambulant (V.A. Reboot...) sounds great too, but for a comp it seems. The way it starts off it pretty climactic. I like that and hope that the artist(s) have some wildly exciting (climactic synth/melody) work on the upcoming album. We Celebrate Life has good melodies and synth work too while keeping the song psychedelic. Same with Collapse of the State Vector, though less melodic; I like the driving sound and rhythm. That little beeping sound in Sanke Oil is catchy too and seems to have an old skool goa influence at times. Witches and Wizards has potential too. Again I'm going through the samples on their page:

soundcloud.com/huxflux.com

To the artist(s) if you read this thread. You are so talented. It is exciting to hear that you're producing a new album. Please take your time to make another otherworldly and superb masterpiece. I'll wait 1-2 more years if it means churning out 8-12 great songs. The stars are not even the limit. :)

The first track was like offbeat progressive with full on influences? What a MAJOR dissapointment... I hope this is not planned to be released :D

^^^This.

I hope the album isn't in that style after listening to it. Really dampened my enthusiasm! wtf! Dennis you are better than that !

He has had a release with Digicult on Dacru this year... Generic full on. I really can't understand that if you used to make such psychedelic music, you'd find satisfaction in music that was already boring and commercial 8 years ago.

I dunno man I thought that Digicult/Hux Flux track was great - one of my favorite full-on tracks ever..

Anyhow, from what I've heard the new tracks on the album are more in the melodic maximal style psytrance similar to his earlier work.. Certainly "psychedelic" - Hux Flux has for sure not sold out to mainstream - his beat structures have full-on elements sometimes but in general the tracks were totally psychedelic and I would think great for home listening/headphone journeys..

The tracks I heard live were more similar to Cryptic Crunch, Errorhead, and Time Slices/Perceptor than to the "Division by Zero" album which was not very melodic at all.. I didn't care much for the "Division by Zero" album - not too accessible for me except on headphones..

Here's the Digicult/Hux Flux track - yea it is full-on but what do you expect? - Digicult makes full-on and collaborated with Hux Flux on this track - it has so much emotion and the melodies are killer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACGePKHVYc

Yeah it's a typical Digicult track and if you like that that's fine! It's just that that style is miles away from earlier Hux Flux tracks... And I do think this example is as mainstream as can be.

• 1 month later...