Some remixes better than the original?

chaoseed9

In all kinds of Psytrance and Psychill there are some examples where the remix is better (or much better) than the original.

No doubt some of them are : Shakta - Lepton head (Deedrah rmx), Infernal Machine - Loin King (M.W.N.N Remix),

Joking Sphinx - Course pursuite (Electric Universe remix) and one example from Psychill Side Liner - Screaming tears (Zero Cult remix)

I believe that there are dozens of examples. Your own?

Chi-ad - Astral Warrior Rmx is better compared to the original for me... Same with Spiritual Healing remix, it is MUCH better! :)

Ra's Silver Remix of Time Current I like more as well... Same for many MWNN remixes... Specially the remix of Bony Incus & The Orange Theme :)

I always thought the Psychaos was very close (maybe too much) to the original but yes good remix.

Don't agree about the orange theme, personal taste I always prefered the "original" (hard to say original though :D)

Anne Clark - Our darkness (Total eclipse remix), sounds better to me but it's tough to compare, since the original is an old track and a very good one considering its age.

The Infinity Project - Hyperspaced (Doof Remix): excellent remix even though I am usually not a fan of Doof but it's a solid remix.

Man with no name presents Yogy & Grey one - Big troubles in outer space (Oforia remix): excellent remix love the dark atmosphere.

3 2 1....(before radi (and MWNN) enters this thread) :o

Man with no name presents Yogy & Grey one - Big troubles in outer space (Oforia remix): excellent remix love the dark atmosphere.

+1 as well... I started with this track this weekend on Connection Festival in Spain... Amazing :)

As for the ORange Theme... The original was pretty boring imo :P but ok :) taste... :)

+1 as well... I started with this track this weekend on Connection Festival in Spain... Amazing :)

As for the ORange Theme... The original was pretty boring imo :P but ok :) taste... :)

Yeah my opinion is biased anyway, i was a young teenager back then and they were playing this track a lot on a radio station. This has been remixed like millions of times, I hated though when Deadmau5 remixed it and named it "Clockwork (original mix)" seriously what a d*** move :o

PS: Moonman's orange juice mix of The orange theme is awesome.

To add something favorite of the nu school :Lunar Dawn - Blessings from Irij (Imba remix). Overload POWER from Imba.

Thanks mate! And yeah POWER is important :D

Chi-ad - Astral Warrior Rmx is better compared to the original for me... Same with Spiritual Healing remix, it is MUCH better! :)

Ra's Silver Remix of Time Current I like more as well... Same for many MWNN remixes... Specially the remix of Bony Incus & The Orange Theme :)

I totally agree with you on Silver Remix, is like 10x better than original and for MWNN remixes, his remixes are always better than originals, specialy Bony Incus, Moonraker, Octopus, Greece 2000, Pistolero!!!, Naked People, These Are The Days, The Loin King, Trancemission, Orange theme... no bad remix at all! :D

I would add Astral Projection - Another World (Floorplay remix), from newer Astral Projection - remixes of Stimuli, Mugen and Shiva's India! :)

I totally agree with you on Silver Remix, is like 10x better than original and for MWNN remixes, his remixes are always better than originals, specialy Bony Incus, Moonraker, Octopus, Greece 2000, Pistolero!!!, Naked People, These Are The Days, The Loin King, Trancemission, Orange theme... no bad remix at all! :D

no guys, no. the original time current is way better. in the silver rmx the euphoric, trancy main melody is drowned a bit in the rest of the track. :)

i have to agree about spiritual healing and mwnn (except the orange theme ;) ) though.

Anne Clark - Our darkness (Total eclipse remix)

absolutely. the original is meh but the remix is great.

ZAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I had a different suggestion in mind before seeing this post but good thinking 8)

Prana - Taiyo (Chakra rmx)

would anyone else call this a remake since its very different??

always loved this wild child and was the happiest when Tsuyoshi played it at SUN ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5CP_OU8i4E

The Infinity Project - Stimuli (Hallucinogen remix)

I fully agree on this one. Simon Posford tuned the track up quiet a lot.

Also

The Overlords - Naked people (Man with no name full moon at disco valley remix)

Astral Projection - Mahadeva 99

Eat Static - Beni Incus (Man with no name Remix)

Astral Projection - God is a DJ Remix

Maybe other people consider the original version of Mahadeva the best track Astral Projection ever made. In my opinion it is not the best track and I never was overly impressed by that track. Itdefinatly is one of their better tracks, but by far not their best track and not very special either. Why many people consider Mahadeva to be the best track of Astra Projection is something out of my understanding. For example the main melody with the supersaw sound is nothing special and a bit cheesy. The other main melody with the high octave low resonance synthpreset is great and is the main attraction of the track. All in all the track sounds great, magic and hypnotical, but compared to newer tracks lacks in atmosphere and saturation due to the old and simple sound of it. Compared to other goa trance tracks it consists of much less sounds and layers which enrich the atmosphere and make the track sound more alive and colorful.

In comparison to the original, the remix sounds much more saturated and colorful, and on top of that I find it much more emotional. The second main melody of Mahadeva 88 is completely different to the second main melody of Mahadeva, and it is much more emotional in my opinion. The melody is very powerful, emotional, hypnotic and dreamy while the melody of the original version of Mahadeva is less dreamy and emotional, but more hypnotic and magic. The 99 version of Mahadeva is definatly more melancholic and stronger than the first version. It also sounds much more advanced and finetuned. The first main melody of Mahadeva 99 with which the song begins sounds much better than in the original version, the synthpreset sounds stronger and again more dreamy. Another highlight of Mahadeva 99 is where both of the main melodies play together with impressive harmony. Mahadeva 99 sounds like the other tracks of Another world, and people who like that sound will probably prefer that version fo Mahadeva to the original version. The track is more dreamy, more saturated, more finetuned and more atmospheric. It is less magic and less hypnotical. The first version of Mahadeva is probably better for the dancefloor while the second version is better for an impressive listening experience. In my opinion Mahadeva is one of the best tracks ever produced not only in goa trance history, but in musical history as a whole; it sounds much closer to old Electric Universe and it is a very strong and colorful goa trance track that never gets boring.