Zion 604 | VA - Scandi90's II The Viking's Return ( ZION604CD009 )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

we are happy to announce that all the copies has been shipped to its destination ( Beside you , neogoa dude . if you can send me a private adress of yours - ill send you 2 copies for free )

if anyone still didnt get his package - please contact us in private ( 604zion@gmail.com ) for ID trace numbers

thank you for support !

Good one. However i would rather have an appology from mr. Roy who bashed and insulted me just because of the fact that I pointed the obvious thing. If you need help with Norse mythology let me know, I can forward you some useful research articles. Good luck with the release, tracklist is amazing :)

brother
we dont deal here with scandinavian myths .
i deal with music
the graphic designer deals with the graphics
i cannot effect him to do WHAT I WANT
i give him the freedom to design what ever and how ever he wants . if you are a designer - i am sure you can appreciate that .
thank you for your words , i was not funny with your adress : please sen me your private adress , i will send you 2 copies for free ( 604zion@gmail.com) . im not Cynical , please do that :)

I appriciate since I'm very familiar with the artistic freedom (and lack of it) when it comes to designing and creating artwork for a certain release. I wasn't reffering to the technical aspect of the artwork itself, it's nicely done and kudos to designer for that, but the visual representation of the theme of the release isn't right, at least not to someone who might care about the details. Norse myths, customs, pantheon of gods and sagas are very rich and colorful and if you want to pay a proper tribute to the certain area where thoose things come from, than a little research won't kill anyone. I know, you might say, why do you bother with that? But believe me, incubators of Goa trance music (labels) nowdays, should be first in charge of taking more time to research certain theme(s), to present 'em in truthful manner and in the end to give to their consumers/followers/fans an interesting final product where they can learn and/or discover new things. Sure, many people will buy it no matter how does artwork look like or does the visuals follow the theme. But for the sake of our little Goa trance scene enrichment, we all can give a little bit more.

To give you an example here. I spent maybe 7-8 months reading various articles, songs, researching symbols from different areas and periods, talking with people who got more experience in field of ancient Slavic mythology just for the sake of new Lunar Dawn album. Yes, I do love all thoose things, but I could easily say, okay guys, let's not bother our selfs with the details, we will create some random mandala or Om on the artwork and put some cliche Goa name as a title. Will that affect the release? Probably not, people will get it for the sake of music, but I'm pretty much sure that many of thoose people will appreciate the extra effort that has been put into it.

Sorry for slightly off topic, I really wanted to clear this here since I don't mean anything wrong regarding the music or the quality of the artwork. And thanks for free CD's but I'm not a collector so no need for gifts this time :) However, you can donate thoose two sales to Psynews forum if you wish.

Take care

As someone who has witnessed many public meltdowns, I would advice to just drop it. While I see Richpa's point, I also see how it really just doesn't matter to everyone, but retaliating with insults or backhanded comments is not a good idea. Especially if you are doing such on an official account. It's bad for business and creates a negative image on the brand you're trying to promote. Just learn to accept that not everyone will be pleased with everything. The best you can do is take the feedback and try to do better, leave a reply as to why such a decision might've been made(which you did) and leave it be, or just ignore it. Getting personal and angry over it won't do you any good.

Just my two cents and I hope we can end this here.

• Like 2

Wow man

7-8 months on that kind of research ?

You have to find another hobby

Yup, something like that. Even tho, it's not actually a hobby it's a work, to be pricise, something that some people tend to call a passion or even better, a commitment to the exact and accurate things. Similar thing called passion or commitment can be applied to the situation when the work and the music of Zion604 was promoted on (now defunct) Neogoa Facebook page (by the good will of the Neogoa dude) and if I remember well, Zion604 had an editor account on that same page. I understand that people express their passion through the different ways (for example like mr. Roy), but nobody deserves to recieve an insulting message on Facebook, especially not when you're expressing your own opinion or you're giving a honest feedback about the artwork of a certain release. If you don't care about the details or opinion/feedback, move on, but don't insult.

While they did not have horns it's easy to see why many think they did as it was Scandinavian artists who originally created the misconception http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/did-vikings-really-wear-horned-helmetsSo really they have noone to blame but themselves. I doubt Scandanavian history is taught as a standard in Israel and not every person has the time to spend researching every element of their work. Portraying a common misconception is far from a crime, especially when that misconception was created by the ppl of that culture in the first place.

While they did not have horns it's easy to see why many think they did as it was Scandinavian artists who originally created the misconception http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/did-vikings-really-wear-horned-helmetsSo really they have noone to blame but themselves. I doubt Scandanavian history is taught as a standard in Israel and not every person has the time to spend researching every element of their work. Portraying a common misconception is far from a crime, especially when that misconception was created by the ppl of that culture in the first place.

Nibelungenlied shouldn't be an excuse. It's like saying that you got inspiration from a Marvel's Thor movie about Norse mythology and imagery. I didn't say it's crime, it's pure laziness, no matter where do you come from.

Oh, and History.com, they know Vikings, at least they hired Wardruna for season 2. Kudos. I've got some runes on my wall :)

Alt veit eg Odin kvar du auge løynde!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PvZGVPiJU

I like this album a lot, better than Scandi #1 I think. Some great tracks on here. :D

You're not supposed to like it - the horns are all wrong, or something! :wacko:

• Like 2

Scandi90's series has a different character, it's a scandinavian beast, so has it's typical sound. I like them both. If you like only cheery (neo) goa this is something completly different. After all it's very 90's like it is supposed to be.

I like both too. But the second one more so. (Might not have worded my post above clearly enough.)

Some of the tracks remind me of the Dragonfly Records sound from the late 90's, where the melodies were less evident and the BPMs dropped. I like that style a lot. :)

I think the debate about the art distracted everyone from the focal point of this thread that is the great release on Zion. The music on this release is wonderful, I am so thankful to be joined by Zion in my quest to preserve rare old unreleased music. It is good to see them treating this music respectfully, properly remastering it and offering it to the world.

Good work Roy and all the team at Zion :)

• Like 1