zTueqw7.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Vertex - Earth Remixes

Label: TesseracT Studio

Date: November, 2013

1. Joy of Silence (Suduaya Rmx)

2. Elements On Earth (Human Element Rmx)

3. Faith (Subliminal Codes Rmx)

4. Enlightenment (Aquafeel Rmx)

5. Surface (Midimal Rmx)

6. Out of Orbit (Side Effects Rmx)

7. Second Element (Nerso Rmx)

8. Out of Obit (Lyctum Rmx)

"What you're trying to do as an artist is to have an experience that is worth sharing...and download it into another person's consciousness."

The first time I played their debut album Ocean I was blown away by the smooth and intricate progressive sounds. Layers of relaxation just hoisted atop one another. With their sophomore album Earth they continued right where they left off. A few EP's were later released, but they didn't move me like the albums did.

Prepare to be moved. Vertex are Zyce and Merlin and they comprise a Serbian powerhouse of melodic progressive trance and have some tracks from their second album remixed by a who's who in progressive trance. Suduaya begs you to let the crashing surf tickle your toes in the sunshine with a slick downtempo interpretation of the Joy of Silence. The Human Element prepares you for drift off with heavily reverberated vocals and warm sensations. Subliminal Code picks up the pace with sharp lead stabs, but doesn't disturb the groove. The Aquafeel remix let's you settle into your favorite easy chair with a hypnotic sound as Midimal sets up a house feel with a pillowy soft kick that is perfect for dreaming.

The track Out of Orbit appears twice here and both remixes are top notch layer intensive experiences. Very atmospheric. Nerso returns to top form with a stunning remix that sounded perfect to these ears. Juicy, undulating, brooding...

I took this album at face value. Didn't go back and listen to the originals to see if they were dramatically different...just settled in for a melodic progressive ride. And what a dreamy journey it was. The album works great whether you pick out individual tracks or just hit play. TesseracT can be very proud of this release.

Highly recommended.

Psyshop

Mdk