Shamanizm Parallelii - The World In A Drop of Rain

Trance2MoveU

kEDc67E.jpg

Artist: Shamanizm Parallelii

Title: The World In A Drop of Rain

Label: Neogoa

Date: August, 2014

01 - Box With Old Toys (130 BPM)
02 - Place Where Ganga Was Born (140 BPM)
03 - United Spirit (120 BPM)
04 - Shadows Of The Mountain's Shamans (146 BPM)
05 - Space Sweet Home (120 BPM)
06 - Three G (- BPM)
07 - The World In A Drop Of Rain (120 BPM)
08 - Erinaceus Europaeus In The Mist (92 BPM)
SlOgUyN.gif
What the hell is this? My inner OCD wants to...nay, needs to put this in a neat and tidy box, but after washing my hands twelve times in a row I can't place it. It's all over the place with no boundaries. You have to have boundaries don't you? That's what all the high school girls keep telling me. They wouldn't lie would they?
This is part dub and downtempo, part Pink Floyd, and a soucon of Shpongle. It's not very relaxing and is jam packed sonically. Throw the rules out the window I've closed six times (and immediately reopened) in hope to define this. So I'm gonna break the cardinal rule of obsessive compulsive disorder. The holy grail.
F*ck it.
Yeah I said it. Freedom b*tches!
Don't bring your closed minds or neatly prepared boxes for this. Just revel in the insane amount of detail located within. Get lost trying to find out where the hell it's going to go. Enjoy the musicianship and patience it must've taken to put this together. I still don't know what I'm listening to, but I recognize quality when I hear it. Hell I'm not even sure I like it. It's experimental with loads of weirdness (see the last track). Did they just put a curse on me? Oh God...starting to backslide. This might be too good for my small mind to process. And that beautiful cover art isn't helping! Can you f*ckers please throw me a bone? Where's the goa Neogoa? Is it techno? Shoegaze?
*sobbing, pleading*
Dear God I don't even know what that last word is!!
L74WyOZ.gif
Mdk
  • Like 1

For sure one of the most interesting downtempo releases, published this year. The World In A Drop Of Rain is a product of hard work and I hope this release won't slip under the radar as their previous album, because it deserves some attention.