The Hypnotic Lfo Room "News and Releases"

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

• 1 month later...

The Hypnotic LFO Room is a Goa/Tribal/Psy trance label formed by Goa/Tribal trance pioneer Kristian Thinning Andersen aká Elysium/Sheyba/Kaaya/Kailash.

We now accept demos to be considered for digital release on The Hypnotic Lfo Room. If you make quality goa-trance, psy-trance, chill-out/downtempo or any interesting experimental electronic music then we like to hear your tunes. Please use our upload page.

We only accept mp3 in 320kbps quality.

http://www.label-worx.com/demo/thlr

What are terms of contract? How much do you pay the musician per track? Seeing as music sales even in pop is about as low as it's ever been in curious to know? Seen far to many friends burnt from both small and reputable labels in every genre of EDM over the last 2 years.

Just wondering, do you want certain kinds of Goa (like tribal, slower Goa) or is anything okay? And do they need to be mastered prior to sending a demo to you?

I do not really care what genre it is as long as it's music I like. I do have a few rules though. Full on is a "no go" and so are modern psy with repetitive boring "Machine-gun basslines). Apart from that anything goes.

First I need a demo in mp3, 320kbps. If I want to release it I ask for a non-mastered wav of aif with a headroom between -4-6 db. I get mastering done wiht professionals.

What are terms of contract? How much do you pay the musician per track? Seeing as music sales even in pop is about as low as it's ever been in curious to know? Seen far to many friends burnt from both small and reputable labels in every genre of EDM over the last 2 years.

I do not pay any advances as this is only for digital releases. I pay 60/40 royalties in the artists favour. I do not see how anyone can get "burnt" when everyone know there's hardly any sales in this music these days. You only get burnt if you have too high and unrealistic expectations.

It's pretty easy to get burnt when the main party refuse to honour the contract signed. I thought you of all ppl would get that.

Then they work with very unrealistic thinking labels (if they promise artists money, glory and fame) or have very unrealistic ideas about selling music. I never promise anything I can not live up to. And artists also have a responsibility to be realistic regarding money.

I say that as in many interviews I've read with Elysium he talks of the terrible issues he had with Nova Zembla. Usually someone who has been through a somewhat traumatic experience has higher empathy for others experiencing the same.

It wasn't a dig & my query re. contracts was genuine not trolling as I believe clarity is the most important aspect of business in any field to avoid disappointment & confusion. Especially with young musicians keen to make it "big" & not checking the fine print of what they're signing.

When I first started out with music during High school, I'll admit I had thoughts about making it big but as I've grown older and more involved with music, I've realized how unlikely one is to become famous (well in some genres). In the trance scene especially, it is easy to get lost in the ocean of thousands of new tracks. But one good thing about Goa and Psy is that it is a bit smaller, so it can be somewhat easier to be more known especially with Goa music. But then again, I don't really have any official releases so I can't say for sure but from my experience, the community of the Goa scene is an active one that searches for good new stuff.

I do not really care what genre it is as long as it's music I like. I do have a few rules though. Full on is a "no go" and so are modern psy with repetitive boring "Machine-gun basslines). Apart from that anything goes.

First I need a demo in mp3, 320kbps. If I want to release it I ask for a non-mastered wav of aif with a headroom between -4-6 db. I get mastering done wiht professionals.

Oh that is fine, I'm not the biggest fan of Full on these days and the machine-gun bassline has been overused now. But nice to see an open minded label.

I say that as in many interviews I've read with Elysium he talks of the terrible issues he had with Nova Zembla. Usually someone who has been through a somewhat traumatic experience has higher empathy for others experiencing the same.

It wasn't a dig & my query re. contracts was genuine not trolling as I believe clarity is the most important aspect of business in any field to avoid disappointment & confusion. Especially with young musicians keen to make it "big" & not checking the fine print of what they're signing.

Why do you assume I would not be straightforward with artists releasing on my label? What I am saying is that I always tell artists not to expect too much so they do not get disappointed from too high expectations. And of course I honor an agreement. As you yourself wrote. I've been in the artists shoes for a long time and know how it is to work with "Sharks".

Why do you assume I would not be straightforward with artists releasing on my label? What I am saying is that I always tell artists not to expect too much so they do not get disappointed from too high expectations. And of course I honor an agreement. As you yourself wrote. I've been in the artists shoes for a long time and know how it is to work with "Sharks".

I don't think he was accusing you of anything, it's just that he was curious as to the contracts and stuff like because of your past.

• 6 months later...

Hey, just wanted to say that when I tried going on your site to check for any news or updates, it doesn't work. Not sure if it's just my computer not working but I just simply wanted to notify you that.