Side Effects - City On Mars

Trance2MoveU

gcqlsgk.jpg

Artist: Side Effects

Title: City On Mars

Label: Iono Music

Date: March, 2010

1. City on Mars
2. Ace Ventura - Serenity Now (Side Effects rmx)
3. Paranoia (Side Effects rmx)
4. Thunder In Paradise
5. Landscapes of imaginations
6. Liquid Soul - Push (Side Effects rmx)
7. Dream On
8. Fantasy (feat. Lyctum)
9. The Second LSDeep (Sideform rmx)

Ouch. This one's gonna ding the average. If I'm Iono I drop these guys like a bad habit before he brings your whole gpa down. I'm surprised at you Iono.

"We don't know what we're dealing with here!"

I'm with you on that one. This isn't the dreamy, floaty stuff I'm used to from the Side Effects duo. Or from Iono in general. It's more aggressive and has that annoying commercial sound found in most full-on. There are loads of stupid samples, triplet bass lines, and plenty of the overused tricks that infect today's progressive trance. Which is kinda sad because I've heard way better stuff from these guys. Look me in the eye and tell me you didn't mail this sh*t in. Don't think you can do it.

There are parts of the tracks I really enjoy, but you gotta get through the not so great stuff to find them. And there is a lot of not so great stuff. Normally I'm on board with whatever Iono throws at me, but I just couldn't connect with this. There is much better progressive out there. Someone get the light when you close that door to Mars

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk