what kind of goa trance you like best?

goa pride

I like floating melancholic Goa Trance with emotionnal peaks and a newschool bassline. I love when it is storytelling, oniric/Fantasy. Examples :

JIS - Blessed Unconsciousness

CoaGoa - Algae Forest

E-Mantra - Liquid Frequencies (2008 Mix)

Crossing Mind - Andromeda

Asura - Life²

I prefer desorientalized Goa Trance. And I LOVE when there's no vocal sample with people talking. I hate that.

Edit : 100th post ! Yeay ! :D

I like floating melancholic Goa Trance with emotionnal peaks and a newschool bassline. I love when it is storytelling, oniric/Fantasy. Examples :

JIS - Blessed Unconsciousness

CoaGoa - Algae Forest

E-Mantra - Liquid Frequencies (2008 Mix)

Crossing Mind - Andromeda

Asura - Life²

I prefer desorientalized Goa Trance. And I LOVE when there's no vocal sample with people talking. I hate that.

Edit : 100th post ! Yeay ! :D

Great definition man.

• 3 weeks later...

Im a sucker for modern powerful melodic dynamic goa like artifact303 . The back to space album still rules. Sadly havent heard anything quite like it .

Also stuff like crossing mind .. can any one desribe what he sounds like ? pure psy goa is what it is according to me .. :rolleyes:

keep it filthy amd shredding. rough sounds. sometimes melodic doesnt hit my mood but I still love it. The eastern goa sound is more boring to me now-a-days

edit: Ya, what Ormion said. I want edgy, powerful but without the eastern-ish vibes.

i prefere my darker tracks:D

ragnarok/dark corners of the universe / xibalba

this kind of shit

except that :hux fux cryptic crunch style and suria early stuff

Suria was interesting at his start.. still all psytrance to me but he had that early sound of just getting into production where it had dark tones. then the Logical Evolution album had some medodic full-on but real energy driven. then Dark Side of the Sun was all that early neuro psy (not the high bpm that neuro is today) this early style was cool. simple, hypnotic and entrancing. taste the crunch.

What a tough question since I love it all, but stuff like Crossing Mind or stuff that has melody but is still hypnotic/with rhythm is probably what I like a lot. Then again, I just simply love Goa music and don't really have any limits or stuff like that.

• 4 weeks later...

In one way or another I can agree with everything being said here, I love the rough sounds, I love the modern dynamic sounds, hypnotic, melodic... I'm usually the type to say I prefer the old school stuff, early Astral Projection, eastern sounds, complex clever layers and harmonies... but I'm discovering more of the modern stuff lately and I rarely find any Goa I don't like.

I just checked out Crossing Mind after reading this thread yesterday and that stuff is heaven-sendt! Wow! The "100 Halloween Hits Goa Trance Psy Acid Tech House DJ Mix 2014 - Goa Party Dance Hits" (lol at the title) compilation on Spotify I recently discovered blows my mind away and shows me the genre is still holding it's own. I'm glad, I'm relieved, I'm pleased and content... I can continue digging ^_^

I like atmospheric, melodic and powerful stuff (if aggressive, it's good), preferably without the typical India-related themes.

As for artists, Hallucinogen (mainly his "Twister" album), Astral Projection, Ubar Tmar, Jikkenteki, Juno Reactor and K.U.R.O.

In terms of psychedelic - the old authentic stuff trips me out more (very often and with greater assurance) than the new stuff despite the trippier sounds we have these days... and that seems to be simply due to the fact that almost all the old stuff just was layered in a very complex and smart way.

Maybe all these modern trippier sounds are too often simply being used as short-cuts instead of true ingenuity.

• Like 1