Pleiadians Alcyone on 12"

Samsharp

This thing is super rare.

Discogs copy pasta of sold copies:

2013-08-21 Mint (M) Mint (M) €400.00 €400.00 Comments: ONLY 200 copies made. MASTERPIECENEW!UNPLAYED! CHECK MY OTHER RARE Dragonfly Records ITEMS!!

2011-01-29 Very Good Plus (VG+) Generic £100.00 €127.52 Comments: mark van bead 12 end of

2008-01-24 Near Mint (NM or M-) Mint (M) €100.00 €100.00 Comments: played once otherwise mint

2007-12-05 Near Mint (NM or M-) Not Graded £200.00 €255.04 Comments: Immaculate condition from dry storage. Plain black sleeve as issued. No press release.

Didn't know the Lazy Spiral Mix was ever supposed to go on vinyl. The original is on the Pleiadians EP ( http://www.discogs.com/Pleiadians-Pleiadians-EP/release/93228 ). Alcyone promo vinyl is out there but expensive as mentioned above. I did get my copy for 4 Es :D, guess I got lucky.

Indeed lucky!! I hope to get the chance having it too!

Well the thing is indeed unique but looking like some homemade pressing because dragonfly never (as far as i know) pressed alcyone and zeta reticuli together, so i am dubious.

If authentic is just a test when they were deciding what to do and on a 250gr vinyl, hmmm, weird.

Also, it does costs a fortune and doesn't have the wonderful engraved star system that for me is worth the price of the original EP.

I paid 150 eur for my mint copy of Alcyone in early 2000/1 and that is a fair price for it, i must say, since it's really unique.

This one is suspiciously looking like a bootleg (:

But if someone is really having that much extra cash, go for it, it's just 1k!

Agreed. Acetates (aka dubplates) are not pressed but carved. Also, they generally have a metal core with a lacquered surface which permits this kind of production. That's what makes them heavy. They don't compare to vinyls because there's no vinyl. Also, there are no masters nor moulds, because the whole thing is a master, sort of.

The listing doesn't tell where this plate came from. In fact, it only says "containing 2 superb classic tracks from the year 1996" without really stating that the item would be from 1996. Unless there's a good story behind it (and preferably a proof of authenticity), I don't see how it would be any different from an unlabelled two-sided dubplate you could order yourself. They're not that expensive. I recall something like 50e each. Producing a single copy is completely viable - even a standard practice.

Note that acetates wear a lot faster than vinyl. You couldn't even play it that many times. Not much point in paying huge amounts for an unverified acetate which may be just a random private bootleg. This probably has nothing to do with the Alcyone single or its moulds.

Some of the highest prices of sold items (in Goa Trance albums and E.P):

Flippin Bixies- Sorkka Sonic 1996. Rare Finland Goa madness. Highest price 500.00 Euro!!

Etnica- Astral Way-Asian Code E.P 1995. 10 copies pressed. Is it rare??? Highest price 293.00 Euro.

Aural Planet- Part:second 2000. The unique Goa Trance album of Chill out producers Aural Planet (now Sundial Aeon).

Highest price 290.00 Euro.

• 2 years later...

Koxbox Live @ Burning man sold for €634.74 last month.

Would have grabbed it :/

wow!!

deserves a proper release then

the quality is great,

i think DAT needs to put this one to bed!

where you at grandmister?

(putting together them pleiadian vinyls i imagine, and our doof shirts!!)

the real question is, who actually has this??

22 people?? really, considering only 20 were done

i know for sure ukiro has it..... but the other 19?

hmmmmm interesting (strokes white cat on his lap)