The most complex goa trrance was written by Etnica/Pleiadians

radi6404

I would think it has something to do with the ability to listen and process all the layers, too. It just so happens, I also disliked Pleiadians at the beginning. And lest we forget to majority of the people Goa sounds like "boom boom boom" when they first listen to it.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

I would think it has something to do with the ability to listen and process all the layers, too. It just so happens, I also disliked Pleiadians at the beginning. And lest we forget to majority of the people Goa sounds like "boom boom boom" when they first listen to it.

I never understood people who like something many times has to tell others who dislike music that it's because they do not understand something in the music. To me it's a weird way of thinking. Taste is taste and you can't really be forced (or find the key) to like something you simply dislike no matter how good others think it is.

I consider myself very capable at listen and processing layers. I have years of training playing and listening to example classical music and jazz as well as fusion that at times is very complex and I get it ;)

taste is taste. It is really that simple.

• Like 1

yes, of course it's personal, but personally i'm also one of those that had to find the key ;)

the "thin", "raspy" choice of sounds they use so often (at least compared to many other artists) put me off at first and it took me quite a while to realize how good the music actually is. also, the difference between home listening and hearing the tracks on a big sound system imho is much greater with etnica/pleiadians than for any other goa artist (though this surely depends on the kind of listening environment you have at home).

In my opinion the difference between home listening and party listening is not that big when you have good headphones or a good sound system. The most important thing are the details your speakers or headphones can play in a song or can´t. If the dtails are good you don´t need extreme volume in order to enjoy your favourite music. The details you can hear make the biggest difference in the listening experience. If the music sounds rough and fragmented it is not a lot of fun to listen to and you don´t get the real sound of the song. If the details are crisp and smooth, the listening experience is much better.

Indeed taste is taste, i also surprised myself disliking goa in general for a while when i was living in Australia for 2 years (disliking is a strong word, but i tried listening to it and it was doing nothing, and i was enjoying euro trance a lot at the same time)

when back to my country where it's colder, i liked goa trance again... so i don't know sometimes it also depends on environments i guess, weather, etc (at least for me! but that was a weird experience)

In my opinion the difference between home listening and party listening is not that big when you have good headphones or a good sound system. The most important thing are the details your speakers or headphones can play in a song or can´t. If the dtails are good you don´t need extreme volume in order to enjoy your favourite music. The details you can hear make the biggest difference in the listening experience. If the music sounds rough and fragmented it is not a lot of fun to listen to and you don´t get the real sound of the song. If the details are crisp and smooth, the listening experience is much better.

how would you know, when you never go to parties where goa trance is played?

it's a completely different experience; hearing vimana played at a festival was almost like hearing it for the first time, even when i know it very well and my headphones certainly produce much more detail than a festival rig.

I never understood people who like something many times has to tell others who dislike music that it's because they do not understand something in the music. To me it's a weird way of thinking. Taste is taste and you can't really be forced (or find the key) to like something you simply dislike no matter how good others think it is.

I consider myself very capable at listen and processing layers. I have years of training playing and listening to example classical music and jazz as well as fusion that at times is very complex and I get it ;)

taste is taste. It is really that simple.

You're telling me a person cannot learn to like something? Really? Comprehension of a subject matter is, indeed, a key to understanding.

• Like 1

I feel that many people who are getting involved into Goa trance recently are jumping on Etnica/Pleiadians bandwagon big time without actually paying proper attention to all thoose tiny details in their rich discography. In my case, these guys are in Goa trance same as Pink Floyd is in rock music and discussing the amount of complexity in their musical-opus is ridicilous. To be clear here, I'm not fanboy of Etnica like Radi is in case of Boris Blenn, but listing the most complex tracks doesn't have any sense, since we all experience the complexity in different ways. For example, someone will find minimalistic/techno influenced Etnica music from Andromeda/Nitrox/Chrome period to be more complex than their more melodic stuff released earlier under Pleiadians or Crop Circles name since not everyone look out for complexity strictly in melodies. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of thoose albums, but they got their value and I respect that, but for sure I'm not gonna go around with Alien Protein or IFO (which I consider to be among my favorite Goa trance releases) saying they're most complex work of Etnica/Pleiadians. Since I mentioned Pink Floyd, for example I find Animals or even Meddle to be more complex than their most famous albums such as The Wall or The Dark Side Of The Moon, does that mean I'm right? No. I just perceive thoose albums in my own way, and same thing is with Etnica/Pleiadians. We won't get an answer for the most complex track, because what makes one artist/musician/band huge or special is the fact that they can offer and 'inject' complexity and uniqueness in their work on so many different ways and levels and exploring that with each new listening is a beauty of quality music.

Just my toughts about this topic.

• Like 1

My tastes have changed a lot. Before I had a proper frame of reference for the music, I disliked the noisier/darker variety of goa. Now I love it.

Both sides are correct. You need the right frame of reference, and you also need to have an interest in acquiring that frame in the first place. Where I have a problem -- and where I'd call a person closed minded -- is when someone isn't at all interested in (or at least curious about) things that fall outside their expectations, whether that's in music, movies, or any other kind of art. IMHO, habits of expectation exist to be unlearnt.

It's like with Cheese (food). Either you like it or not and if you don't then yes you can taste it but won't like it anyways.

Some scientists say you should try a food or drink you dislike at least 5 times before saying you dislike it for good.

That's how the company Schweppes promote their drinks, most people dislike them the first time because it's bitter, lots of people start to like their bitter drinks (Tonic...) after 3 or 4 extra trials. I guess it's the same with music.

Some scientists say you should try a food or drink you dislike at least 5 times before saying you dislike it for good.

That's how the company Schweppes promote their drinks, most people dislike them the first time because it's bitter, lots of people start to like their bitter drinks (Tonic...) after 3 or 4 extra trials. I guess it's the same with music.

If you are trying to convince me that I should try to listen more to their music in order to convince myself to like it then I have to tell you I have listened to it since the mid 90's ;) I like some of it and dislike some of it. Again the keyword is taste .

And regarding cheese. I have tired cheese many times in my life and still dislike it.

I really can not understand why it is so important for some of you that some of us are not always into the same music or tunes. It's not the end of the world if we do not agree and do not share the same taste ;)

If you are trying to convince me that I should try to listen more to their music in order to convince myself to like it then I have to tell you I have listened to it since the mid 90's ;) I like some of it and dislike some of it. Again the keyword is taste .

And regarding cheese. I have tired cheese many times in my life and still dislike it.

I really can not understand why it is so important for some of you that some of us are not always into the same music or tunes. It's not the end of the world if we do not agree and do not share the same taste ;)

I don't think anyone is talking about you in particular; Rather, the general notion that it's not as simple as just saying "I don't like thing and that's that" the first time a person encounters it.

Sorry guys. I've been listening to this stuff since around 1992, and honestly, it is definitely about taste and not about 'understanding'. The problem with Pleiadians for me is a lack of 'interesting' sounds and sampling. There is a hell of alot going on, but sometimes far too much, without enough clear emphasis. Now- that is only my opinion, but I believe that we all get a buzz from different things.

You see, if I want the sounds of a space mission I'd far rather plump for Dimension 5- but I saw on another thread here thata few people thought they are the most over-rated act- I just couldn't believe it!!!

But there you go...

Sorry guys. I've been listening to this stuff since around 1992, and honestly, it is definitely about taste and not about 'understanding'. The problem with Pleiadians for me is a lack of 'interesting' sounds and sampling. There is a hell of alot going on, but sometimes far too much, without enough clear emphasis. Now- that is only my opinion, but I believe that we all get a buzz from different things.

You see, if I want the sounds of a space mission I'd far rather plump for Dimension 5- but I saw on another thread here thata few people thought they are the most over-rated act- I just couldn't believe it!!!

But there you go...

for me its exactly the opposite ..never understood d5

pleaidians on the other hand ill say again best gift of this planet for goa trance music :D

for me its exactly the opposite ..never understood d5

pleaidians on the other hand ill say again best gift of this planet for goa trance music :D

That's fair enough tbh. Remember by the way, I did say 'I find virtually all Pleiadians stuff unspiring', not all however. I.F.O. is a very good album. That said, I think 'Transdimensional by D5 is better!!! Pleiadians/Etnica have doen ALOT of stuff don't forget.