The most complex goa trrance was written by Etnica/Pleiadians

radi6404

can u point me artists using mostly hardwares ?

Kick.S :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IjdBhcj7-g&list=UUQazfQDeVW5SEzd_98r4nhA

Edit : Why does this second one remind me of E-Mantra at 04:20 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0cbP-vFwA&index=52&list=UUQazfQDeVW5SEzd_98r4nhA

haha..those sounds..it really sounds like me :P

btw..this dude has some skils

can u point me artists using mostly hardwares ?

filteria for instance.

but really, software vs. hardware doesn't make any difference in sound. most synths (now but also in the late 90s) were digital synths, so basically a software plugin in a box. the only difference is hardware is more pleasurable to use in the studio (which is a difference we can get around by use midi controllers for software).

the real question for the most time has been analog vs. digital, but even here, software is catching up pretty quickly. u-he's diva even to the trained ear sounds industinguishable from the synths it emulates (for instance the minimoog or the prophet v)

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

All the Hardware in the world wont make the music better if you do not got the talent or skill to use it. The point is that it's not the equipment that makes the music but the artist.

• Like 5

Ya Kick.S is an awesome guy. That guy has so much hardware. Been loving his stuff since I found out about him when I was looking up videos on how to use the x0xb0x.

The software vs hardware debate is really stupid though. I personally prefer hardware because I like to interact with all the stuff and not just sit on the computer (like many other folks). If it is good music, who cares how it's made. A lot of good songs are made on hardware and software. Plus software ones can sometimes be better than hardware since they can do some sounds that hardwares can't.

• Like 1

well..not even in 10 years from now softwares will sound like hardwares..

i dont want to explain why,,.i could write like 10.000 lines...not gonna do that

in more then 10 years of music making ive tested both ...

that's my opinion ofc ..but i think if all these newschool projects will start to use softs and hards the sound will be

better and more powerful ..and ofc more close to the old heroes...

It doesn´t really matter if the artist uses software or hardware. The only thing that matters is that he has good monitors or headphones and is able to create good sound out of his synths, no matter whether it is hardware or software. There are many software synths that can generate a great sound if modulated properly and with the right effects choosen. If the artist has full control over his sounds he can do anything he wants to. I have bad gear for example and created good sounds in my few tracks. If I would be working on music I would be able to create very warm sounding sounds. The rason for this is that I am not someone who cares about names and brands and work with cheap or freeware synths that provide really good sound. Most expensive software synths are not like that; they produce too clean and cold sounding sounds and the listener can hear it. The cheaper synths produce more rough and uncontrolled sounds which are perfectly suitable for goa trance. A very important thing with synthesizzers is that they are able to hold the key and have a very high impulse rate. If they can´t hold the key and the impulse rate is low it doesn´t sound right to the listener and he can hear that the sound is digital just like when the eye sees a game running with low framerate. Some synthsounds have a low rate but still sound clean because the tone itself has a high rate. That is the case with hardware synths, but unfortunately not with many software synths.

Well I would argue the whole process of creation changes when you compare software to hardware production. That alone ought to change the approach to music making. Better or worse? Well that's subjective, but something to keep in mind.

true that

@ Orange.

I fell into the Goa world in 2011. I disliked Etnica/Pleiadians until late 2013. I found it to be absolutely boring and untasty. Now, I understand their universe and can dig into it. You just need a key to enter their music, since it is pretty hard to get inside.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

@ Orange.

I fell into the Goa world in 2011. I disliked Etnica/Pleiadians until late 2013. I found it to be absolutely boring and untasty. Now, I understand their universe and can dig into it. You just need a key to enter their music, since it is pretty hard to get inside.

I think it is very personal and nothing to do with finding a key to understand their music. I 100% understand their music and like some of it but also dislike a lot of it as I find it to be quite boring. It's not about finding a key. It's all about taste ;)

• Like 2

I think it is very personal and nothing to do with finding a key to understand their music. I 100% understand their music and like some of it but also dislike a lot of it as I find it to be quite boring. It's not about finding a key. It's all about taste ;)

yes, of course it's personal, but personally i'm also one of those that had to find the key ;)

the "thin", "raspy" choice of sounds they use so often (at least compared to many other artists) put me off at first and it took me quite a while to realize how good the music actually is. also, the difference between home listening and hearing the tracks on a big sound system imho is much greater with etnica/pleiadians than for any other goa artist (though this surely depends on the kind of listening environment you have at home).

• Like 1