The most complex goa trrance was written by Etnica/Pleiadians

radi6404

So today I decided to listen some Etnica and Pleiadians and typed Etnica in the windows media player, showing all tracks by them. After hearing some tracks from Etnica and from Pleiadians I can say that those people the most complex goa trance tracks or at least the most complex goa trance tracs I now. Today I listened to Phthalic Vibes and this is one of the most complex goa trance tracks in soud that I´ve ever heart. The complexity of the melodies and the song structure are just outstanding. Many key changes, many different melodies, great harmony, even the kickdrum is not the same during the whole track. That tracks is really incredible and can almost be labelled intelligent trance.

Another example of that is Pleiadians - Starbase II. That track is a very emotional goa trance track with similarities to Etnica History. I like it a lot because it is also very interesting to listen and has some unpredibcable sounds. The main nelody is impressive.

Pleiadians - Time Dilation and the remix are both very impressive tracks with complex melodies and lots of well choosen sounds. In general many tracks by those people have a lot of sounds, however you can´t say that any of those sounds is not at place at all

History by Etnica is another amazing track and one of their best, the track is very interesting and keeps you listening like a peace of classic. Pure brilliance here aswell, unmatachable.

Other examples of that are floating Universe, Plastic and Vinama. That is my point of view, does anyone want to add something to it? In general it appears that Etnica/Pleiadians were very careful and didn´t leave any second of their tracks with carelessness.

That's true. But I disagree with your tracks. Maia, Electra, Family Of Light, Headspin should be their most complex tracks.

I disagree. Electra is not an overly complex track for their standards in my opinion, but a very good one still. Maia is indeed very complex, but I don´t like it a lot because it is generic in sound. Headspin and Family of Light are different in sound aswell and I don´t like that kind of sound a lot. In general many Pleiadians tracks and all Etnica tracks of the album Live in Athnes are very complex.

Agreed.

They were on another level musical complexity wise to my ears. When i want to hear layer upon layer and discover new sounds i never heard before I usually turn to them, or Filteria as said above, but don't want to turn this into a comparison thread.

Maia is one of the most complex tracks i have heard sound wise :)

They don't share the sophistication. Nothing about Maia sounds random.

i have to disagree. i don't see any randomness in the big blue or bird's lingva franca. it all just fits together.

the melodies in bird's lingva franca may seem random in isolation, but as a whole track one flows into the other. you need one of them to lead to the next and the climax wouldn't be climatic if the previous melodic lines weren't there in that fashion. imho that's great storytelling.

In terms of layers, I think Filteria has to win in that category. In terms of musicality, there are many artists who have made more complex music, although that does not necessarily mean better. Pleiadians definitely had a very fascinating and well though out approach to melodic structures.

koxbox has some complex ones too.

Koxbox is not goa trance, but psychedelic trance. In their style Koxbox is very complex indeed and they might be more complex than Etnica. In goa Trance I don´t know any artist who created more complex melody structures than Entica, for example floating universe, Phthalic vibes, history, and many more. If anyone can list an artist with more complex melodystructures, he should do it, I would be pleased to learn about that artist.

Koxbox made goa trance before they released The great unknown. The great unknown got a bit of everything, psytrance, dub, progressive, great album. The first 2 albums are weird goa, I put them in Hallucinogen's category, Hallucinogen made goa but some of his old tracks were more psytrance than goa.

so tell me which Koxbox album is goa trance and which is not, because the Great unkown and later is not goa trance for me. It is psychedelic trance with different melodies and sounds as goa trance. If I listen to Astral Projection, Man with no name or some other artists and compare it to Koxobx, the sound is much different.

Arguing over whether KoxBox is Goa or psy is like arguing over whether this sentence is yellow or green.

(It's obviously yellow.)

• Like 2

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

so tell me which Koxbox album is goa trance and which is not, because the Great unkown and later is not goa trance for me. It is psychedelic trance with different melodies and sounds as goa trance. If I listen to Astral Projection, Man with no name or some other artists and compare it to Koxobx, the sound is much different.

The problem here is that you have a very limited idea about what is goa-trance whereas as I and others here does not narrow it down to only melodic ala Astral Projection etc.

Goa-trance is so much more than your usual favorite artists you talk about here 24/7.

• Like 1