Trance2MoveU

H0JudbW.jpg

Artist: Lauge & Baba Gnohm

Title: Daybreak EP

Label: Soundmute Recordings

Date: March, 2014

01 - Memories (80 BPM)
02 - Southern Hemisphere (80 BPM)
03 - Daybreak (feat. Mikkel Govertz) (80 BPM)
I wrote this review back in March so excuse the hell out of me if it's a little dated.

HlWi47T.jpg

Seriously. What. The. F*ck. Where's the motherf*ckin' grass! Freezing my cottontail off!
The calendar says Spring, but Mother Nature continues to give us the finger and thinks we need some more winter. Punxsutawney Phil has long been drawn and quartered as the sky dumps another deluge of cold, white powder. My wife hates the stuff, but I love it. It's quiet. Peaceful. Pure.
This just came up on Ektoplazm and I'm sure glad it did. The Danish downtempo super duo is known for dreamy atmospheres and slow beats. The first release from them is no exception. Originally out in 2009 this can be warm or cold, but it is always pensive and guides you donw melancholy memory lane. Memories is like a fresh rain for a new starting point. Southern Hemisphere's slow groove puts the listener on a journey across space where a lonely astronaut strums an acoustic guitar. The final track Daybreak is a prog rock dreamscape with delicate piano twinkling amidst analog synths.
What a great ep. Smooth, beautiful, dreamy downtempo with character. Thumbs way up gentlemen!
Mdk