Legends of Goa trance years

chaoseed9

In the early years of Goa Trance some producers who came in this music featured in groups of Rock, Industrial, Psychedelic Rock, New Wave etc with a background listening in other kinds of music like: Rock, Synth Pop, Disco, Indie Rock, Industrial E.B.M., etc. and not only from electronic music like today trance producers. I believe this is the reason why those masterminds created music for mind, body and soul and not only for body(only dancing) like today.

I would like your opinion and some examples of legendary trance producers.

I personally prefer some of them:

1} Raja Ram - The Infinity Project {Member of Psychedelic Rock band Quintessence}.

2} Martin Glover {Youth} - Zodiac Youth. {Member of the Post Punk New Wave Heavy Metal band Killing Joke and the electro,industrial band the Empty Quarter with Ben Watkins{Juno Reactor}.

3} Ben Watkins - Juno Reactor {Member of the New wave, Synth pop bands the Flowerpot Men and Brilliant}.

4} Merv Pepler - Eat Static {Member of the Space Psychedelic Rock band Ozric Tentacles}.

5} Stephane Holweck - Total Eclipse {Member of New Wave Synth pop band Brilliant}.

6} Johann Bley - Mandra Gora - Juno Reactor {Member of New wave, Synth pop Industrial bands Die Zimmermanner and Specimen}.

7} Olli Wisdom - Space tribe {Member of the Punk Rock, Goth Rock bands The Unwanted and Specimen}.

----Supplement--

dont forget the australians:

8} Gus Till - Slinky Wizard - Third Eye {Member of New Wave Synth Pop band Beargarden and the pop rock synth pop band Max Q with Michael Hutchence(R.I.P) of INXS.

9} Ollie Ollsen - Shaolin Wooden Men - Third Eye {Member of Rhythmic Noise Industrial band Hugo Klang and the Pop Rock Synth Pop Band Max Q ^^^^^^^^

@Templar

Actually you're quite right...hope that it looks a bit better now!!

And PLEASE ..to everybody....forgive me for my bad typing and bad english in general!!

No need for "wise-attitude" reply posts!!

I am only here to share my 20 years respect for this music!

Thank you!!!

This is fine. I didn't know about half of those personally. It's been stated before that early goa producers had often other musical history which explains a lot when discussing the musical quality of the tracks from the hey day compared to modern times where people can basically just open up fruity loops and start experimenting out of the blue.

• 1 month later...

don't forget Dave Young who played synths for the black metal band Venom before he did Goa Trance under his legendary moniker Chi A.D. !!

• Like 1