Hearing a sample during a movie

Penzoline

the last time this happened to me while watching a movie was with The Virgin Suicides several months back. The sample was used by Jaws Underground in the track Out Mode. "Obviously doctor, you've never been a 13yr old girl." at 33 seconds in. Btw - this is a killer album to check out from '08!! ;O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lbhfn2xG0

(starting shortly after the 3:00 mark)

This is kind of off topic, but:

Holy crap, 3 minutes where essentially nothing happens except a monotonous bassline?! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but people actually listen to such crap?

the last time this happened to me while watching a movie was with The Virgin Suicides several months back. The sample was used by Jaws Underground in the track Out Mode. "Obviously doctor, you've never been a 13yr old girl." at 33 seconds in. Btw - this is a killer album to check out from '08!! ;O

It sounds weird pitched down. I bet it would have sounded more better and more eerie at the normal pitch.

This is kind of off topic, but:

Holy crap, 3 minutes where essentially nothing happens except a monotonous bassline?! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but people actually listen to such crap?

Hey, I never said I liked that track, I only posted it because of the sample. It's featured on a rather patchy Darkpsy/Forest compilation available on Ektoplazm, and this isn't exactly its best moment. ;)

I love (well-placed samples) and it's always fun when you stumble upon a familiar sample in a movie, from a track you've heard so many times before...

It's a shame that The Psychedelic Mind Expander - Sample Archive: http://www.psydb.net/samples/sources.php is no longer updated. I have used that resource very often in the past.

The most sampled movies are

2001: A Space Odyssey
Blade Runner
Contact
Dune
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
The Matrix
Pulp Fiction
Twelve Monkeys
Waking Life

I'm watching The Core right now and there's a part where one of the characters says What are you, crazy? Plan C? Restart the core "somehow"? and I swear it's from a track. I just can't figure it out..

Does anyone here know if psydb could be made into an open (source?) project? I think it would be neat for people to update it themselves rather than the one guy it had.