My library

Veracohr

I've been pretty bored lately, so to amuse myself I made a spreadsheet of all my books and made some super-awesome charts from it! I noted author, year published, format, whether it's a single book, part of a series, or a collection containing multiple stories, and two genres for each. The genre part took some serious thought, it was a little hard in some cases to limit genres to two. I also sometimes changed my original genre names so I could group more titles together.

I excluded comic books, books of sheet music, as well as a small stack I've been meaning to get rid of but haven't gotten around to yet. Also excluded a couple of duplicates, which I have by accident, and dictionaries.

A few volumes I have contain multiple books that were originally published individually. I counted those titles individually. Collections of short stories are counted as one book.

While going through everything, I was irritated to discover I'm missing a few books I know I used to have! :angry:

Total number of titles: 247 (total number of volumes: 241)
Top genres: Fantasy (32.8%), Science Fiction (13.4%), Spirituality (10.9%)
Top authors: Stephen King (8.9%), Orson Scott Card (6.5%), Margaret Weiss & Tracy Hickman (6.1%)
Range of publication: 500 B.C. - 2012

books.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There's nice site for cataloguing books online librarything.com . I'm using it

I'm using that one too! Care to share your account? I like to sneak through people's collections and see what they like. Here's mine: www.librarything.com/profile/Stampfi-Gang

That kind of thing seems like a thinly-veiled source database for targeted advertising/spamming.

I'm registered for quite a while and as far as I can tell I haven't noticed more spam in my mail. Imho amazon and google are worse and also no stuff linked to the books I add there (I do see personalized adds after ordering stuff form amazon so I think I would be able to notice).