How would you style your apartment if you had the means to do it?

radi6404

I want to ask this because I found an incredibly well designed room that is exactly how I would love to style a hosue or apartment if I had the means to do it. The room is one laboratory from the series Star Trek voyager and the shapes, the angles, the pitches, the colors, they create a very warm and calm atmosphere where you can concentrate, dream and get ideas and inspirations. The red colors and the carped on the floor give a warm and atmospheric feeling to the room. The halfwise hidden lighting of the room is even more impressive and I had similar lighting in my parents´flat in Bulgaria. Dimmed light that creates an atmosphere of peace and well-being. The design of that room in my opinion is very impressive and I would style one room of my apartment like that. I would probably even styl ethe whole apartment or house like that, just with brighter walls here and there since the walls might be a bit too dark.

Labor_von_Crell_Moset.jpg

My apartment looks very functional in mostly black, beige and brown with some silver/grey/chrome, red and glass. Maybe it has to do with the dirty-beige floor that already was in it when I moved in, before I put all my stuff inside and picked the kitchen design and furniture matching to the colour of that floor. Except for one blanket (medium sized brownish-orange with some olive green) all the walls are white without anything (pictures or other stuff hung to them) covering them.

I actually love the way some super-cozy psychedelic 60s/70s rooms look like with their super-fluffy carpets and couches/beds etc., which invite one to just lie around and do nothing all day, but in my relatively small apartment I haven't even bothered to really try to imagine a way to combine super-cozy and very-functional in an effective way, yet. I'm still working on everything after over three years of living at this place, so maybe it's actually morphing into what I cannot imagine yet, but I'm just quite far away from real coziness still, right now. =)

Why does nobody commend on the room on that picture. I asked several people about this room and they said that it lookks very well. I think people can say something aboutt he room on that picturea and it´s architecture and style.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife has designed the look of the upper two stories of our house. Mostly original art her father left her when he died. Nothing amazing, but heck it's free. I've got a 5 year plan for the basement as its turned in to a semi-pro recording studio. First up is having it sound proofed professionally. Then for decorative art work I've commissioned a street art crew to do a mural, then there'll be the buying of new studio gear etc. right now all my work is done in the upstairs office which is far from inspiring nor it acoustically good so I work on headphones :(

Our cabinet maker did an amazing job of the house so ice commissioned him to do my work desk for the studio including monitor stands & a lovely built in euro rack modular case. All up in looking at spending $50-60KAU on the set up. Although adding the gear dream list closer to $100K. It'll be for my work & also bands/artists/producers can rent it for a fee. Currently the hard part is getting the uber wealthy old prick neighbors & snobby council on side :(

I guess forgetting myself & testing the death metal album I worked on last week at full blast at 3am while my son was away for the night didn't help :lol;

It's interior design, not architecture. :ph34r:

And yeah Radi. Architecture & interior design are completely different.

Basically, of course, yes. In the german language however, some confusion isn't hard to understand considering... http://dict.leo.org/#/search=innenarchitektur&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on

And yeah Radi. Architecture & interior design are completely different.

And by what criteria is it different? The difference is that there are indeed two kinds of occupations called architect and interor designer, but in general both are architects since the architects are responsible mostly for the design of a house. They are less resposible for the statics and the stability of the house, there are other occupations that are responsible for those areas of the house. So I would say your attempt to say something that makes me look stupid wasn´t succesful, it rather made you look stupid since you say that those occupations are completely different which they obviously aren´t. The two occupations share many similarities. Completely different is an architect to a workman.

An architect is a person who plans, designs, and oversees the construction of buildings.

Interior design describes a group of various yet related projects that involve turning an interior space into an "effective setting for the range of human activities" that are to take place there.An interior designer is someone who coordinates and manages such projects.

They are completely differenct. My Dad was an architect for 50 years until last year. He know nothing about interior design, when he built his new house last year he had to hire one. My sister-in-law is an interior designer .and knows nothing about actually architecture, there is no way in the world she would be able to desing a building from scratch to enable construction but she can make a finished houseook freaking amazing.

As for you? I dare you to speak to me in such a way to my face you rude insecure prick. I can guarantee that if you did you'd not be able to speak again for a very long time with a wired jaw. I never said you stupid. I merely pointed that you were confusing two completely different progressions. Maybe do some research on something else than Boris Blenn for once.

You know what I didn't think you were stupid until I read your reply to me but hey now I know you are.

An architect is a person who plans, designs, and oversees the construction of buildings.

Interior design describes a group of various yet related projects that involve turning an interior space into an "effective setting for the range of human activities" that are to take place there.An interior designer is someone who coordinates and manages such projects.

They are completely differenct. My Dad was an architect for 50 years until last year. He know nothing about interior design, when he built his new house last year he had to hire one. My sister-in-law is an interior designer .and knows nothing about actually architecture, there is no way in the world she would be able to desing a building from scratch to enable construction but she can make a finished houseook freaking amazing.

As for you? I dare you to speak to me in such a way to my face you rude insecure prick. I can guarantee that if you did you'd not be able to speak again for a very long time with a wired jaw. I never said you stupid. I merely pointed that you were confusing two completely different progressions. Maybe do some research on something else than Boris Blenn for once.

You know what I didn't think you were stupid until I read your reply to me but hey now I know you are.

So as an architect I would design the interior of my house in first place and not hire someone to design it for me. As you say the architect plans the house and therefore he plans where the walls of the rooms will be and where the windows and doors will be. In my opinion that has a lot to do with interior design because the size and shape of the rooms and the position of the windows and of the doors is very important for the design of a room anyway. In a house with nice shapes I can choose myself where the furniture and the lighting will be. I would not require an interor designer. It is better to style your room yourself as to hire an interior designer. Besides that if you don´t want to read such insults maybe you express yourself better; instead of contributing one part to the thread and saying what you think about the design of the room in the picture in the first post, you went on and said an architect is completely different to an interior designer because you wanted to correct me.

So as an architect I would design the interior of my house in first place and not hire someone to design it for me. As you say the architect plans the house and therefore he plans where the walls of the rooms will be and where the windows and doors will be. In my opinion that has a lot to do with interior design because the size and shape of the rooms and the position of the windows and of the doors is very important for the design of a room anyway. In a house with nice shapes I can choose myself where the furniture and the lighting will be. I would not require an interor designer. It is better to style your room yourself as to hire an interior designer. Besides that if you don´t want to read such insults maybe you express yourself better; instead of contributing one part to the thread and saying what you think about the design of the room in the picture in the first post, you went on and said an architect is completely different to an interior designer because you wanted to correct me.

No I did not want to correct you, I wanted to make you aware of the difference. And that is great but you still fail to see the difference.

Anyway the first foto looks like crap. It would be overly stimulating and difficult to sleep in. Nothing peaceful or harmonizing in it at all.

You really don't like people who think differently to you do you? It's becoming very obvious why you have no friends or life outside of this forum.

No I did not want to correct you, I wanted to make you aware of the difference. And that is great but you still fail to see the difference.

Anyway the first foto looks like crap. It would be overly stimulating and difficult to sleep in. Nothing peaceful or harmonizing in it at all.

You really don't like people who think differently to you do you? It's becoming very obvious why you have no friends or life outside of this forum.

And you think you know what I like and what I don´t like. You don´t know me and therefore can´t judge whether I don´t like it when other people think differently than me. It seems I misunderstood you because I really thought that you wanted to correct me which you didn´t want as you say. I would be sorry for that if your other posts wouldn´t have been so rude and disrespectful. the fact that you say that you would beat me up because of what I said shows that you hae violent thoughts, thus, your last post shows how disrespectful you are because you say the room in the photo looks like crap. Well, I am really sorry for you that you can´t find other words to express yourself more respectuflly, it shows your general leven of communication and intelligence. If you were more respectful, you would not sue a word like crap to describe something that other people might like. I don´t use words like crap to commend on stuff on forums or in general. I say what I don´t like and don´t offend other people with gossip language.

On top of that you still think that interior designer and an archtigect are absolutely different occupations while they are not. They have it´s difference, but they share similarities aswell. For example both jobs deal with design of houses or apartments. The difference is that the archtiect designs the house itself while the interior designer styles the rooms. Therefore the two occupations share it´s similarities despite being different, but not completely different. If you think both occupations are completely different I think you misunderstood something and should thin again about the differences and the similarities and compare an architect and an interior designer to other occupations like for example a car mechanic or a butcher. Those occpupations don´t deal with design and have nothing to do with building and styling a house. I hope you can see that your judgment of which occupation is different is fload.

If you think both occupations are completely different I think you misunderstood something and should thin again about the differences and the similarities and compare an architect and an interior designer to other occupations like for example a car mechanic or a butcher. Those occpupations don´t deal with design and have nothing to do with building and styling a house. I hope you can see that your judgment of which occupation is different is fload.

they are completely different. let's stay with your example: architect and interior designer are like a butcher and a cook. they both have their part in preparing food, but it's a completely different occupation.

Indeed it is like a butcher and a cook, and that is not completely different. Both occupations are in the same range of occupations, and an architect and an interior designer are even closer because both occupations have todo with design. Besides that I don´t know why youa re arguing in favor of Balance-Music. In his posts he showed that he is using rude and violent language and that doesn´t speak in favor of him. After I said that I misunderstood him and thought he wanted to point out that I am wrong, I thought we could argue in a normal tone, but he went on and said the picture looks like crap. I for example would not use such a language to something posted in a forum even if I don´t like it. I can´t remember that I ever said newschool or full-on is crap.

those in power here know who I am and surely understand that by my past standard my responses to you should be considered very restrained and polite.

Also, my father is an architect of 50 years and he is very insulted by your post comparing his work to interio designing. I also dare you to tell a butcher to his/her face they are similar to a cook. It won't be pleasant. Stop trying to right all the time, you sound like my 2.5 year old.

I showed this topic to two people I know, one of them being an architect, the other one being an interior designer. I don't have to mention that this topic (specifically the "it's the same" part) provided them with some good laughs. :)

PS. the whole thing reminded me of one of the best episodes from "The Sopranos":

• Like 1

I showed this topic to two people I know, one of them being an architect, the other one being an interior designer. I don't have to mention that this topic (specifically the "it's the same" part) provided them with some good laughs. :)

PS. the whole thing reminded me of one of the best episodes from "The Sopranos":

perfect.