ZNA gathering 2015

Drosophila

i would be the one outdancing paul eye every day

Well, that's not really an achievement :)

I go mad on the dancefloor when the music is good enough, and believe me, I'm musically very hard to please.

Xenomorph, Technossomy, Darshan and SUN Project achieved that at ZNA. Psychaos and Shakta to a slightly lesser extent (was somewhat affected by my then current low-energy-ish mood).

Well, that's not really an achievement :)

I go mad on the dancefloor when the music is good enough, and believe me, I'm musically very hard to please.

Xenomorph, Technossomy, Darshan and SUN Project achieved that at ZNA. Psychaos and Shakta to a slightly lesser extent (was somewhat affected by my then current low-energy-ish mood).

haha was just messing with you a little, i probably would stand still doing the same old two-step dancing with my arms, but hey, who knows right?

Havent been to a real party since the last illegal forest rave i went to in 2004 so ... who knows.

maybe i would kick up dust all over the place, maybe not.

havent really had the opportunity to do anything for a long time.

but hey, how was Pl, Etn, Crop????

but hey, how was Pl, Etn, Crop????

Crop Circles I missed because I had to sleep (Lotus Omega too that's rather unfortunate). Etnica/Pleiadians was, well, I guess we all know what they do. I was too tired to enjoy it properly but mostly it sounded like their boomy kicks drowned out any hint of a bassline, leaving the tracks a bit lacking.

And yes, Lunar Civilization was played at least 3 times (Original (?) during what I heard to my tent during the Crop Circles gig, Pleiadians Remix, and Filteria Remix).

I have to know or ill basically kill myself.

Not really but almost.

Figuratevly speaking but from a literal standpoint. makes senses? cool.

Did DJ Jörg play Spiritual Healing?

did Pleadians and Etnica and Crop Circles play :

Penatgon, Antidote (Pl. remix), Full Mental Jackopot (pl. remix),

well, basically, thats pretty much what I need to know before I die, seeing as I couldnt be there.

Spiritial Healing was played! I am 100% positive. I can always ID that track. I just learned today that Joerg has his own rmx to the track. Its a good one too, as its close to the original and doesnt change much.

No.

I was with I think Alex (Koyote shirt) at the food area on a picnic table when it played. Not sure where you were then. Maybe in the Falafel place.

and true... Lunar Civilization was played three times haha! Filteria may of played it twice haha! or it was another track I could of sworn he played (prob the case) a different rmx to at the end. The Etnica/Pliadians thing... that stuff bored me. Apparantly I like Pleiadians more, though. The more cyber sound and less eastern. But something with too much layers going every all the time = boring for me. Its very shortly fun here and there. UK goa all the way for me at this even ;p

and true... Lunar Civilization was played three times haha! Filteria may of played it twice haha! or it was another track I could of sworn he played (prob the case) a different rmx to at the end. The Etnica/Pliadians thing... that stuff bored me. Apparantly I like Pleiadians more, though. The more cyber sound and less eastern. But something with too much layers going every all the time = boring for me. Its very shortly fun here and there. UK goa all the way for me at this even ;p

No I didn't :P Etnica/Pleiadians finished with Lunar Civilization to make a smooth transition for my sound. I finished my initial set with Navigate (from my first album). People wanted me to continue to play and Max asked me to play Lunar Civilization (Filteria Remix). Now the reason why you think I played it twice is that the version I play on livesets have the ending of my own track Navigate. So in fact you heard the ending melody of Navigate twice.

Nice videos you uploaded btw :)

• Like 1

Hi I know this is going to happen in the "far future" (well next year) but have you guys seen the line-up so far??!! :wacko::blink::blush::lol:

The line-up speaks for it self!!!

date: 31st of July to 5th of August 2015

line up so as of 10.03.15 (continuously being updated, so check the event of facebook, link below)

❖ Line Up (Live set) ❖

►12 MOONS

❖ Dragonfly Rec / SE. ❖

►ATMOS

❖ Iboga Rec / SE. ❖

►AURICULAR

❖ Midijum Rec / DE. ❖

►BLUE PLANET CORPORATION

❖ Flying Rhino Rec / FR. ❖

►CROP CIRCLES

(Etnica & Lotus Omega)

❖ DAT Rec / IT. ❖

►DARK NEBULA

❖ Digital Psyonics Rec / AUT. ❖

►DARSHAN

❖ Flying Rhino Rec / UK. ❖

►ETNICA VS PLEIADIANS

(Max L.& Maurizio B.)

❖ Etnicanet Rec / IT. ❖

►JAIA

❖ Tribal Vision Rec / FR. ❖

►JOHANN BLEY

❖ Blue Room Rec / DE. ❖

►LOTUS OMEGA

❖ Zillian Mental Anarchie Rec / IT. ❖

►MANMADEMAN

❖ Tip World Rec / UK. ❖

►MFG

❖ Phonokol Rec / IL. ❖

►PSYCHAOS

❖ Atomic Rec Rec /UK. ❖

►SHAKTA

❖ Dragonfly Rec / UK. ❖

►SHIVA CHANDRA

❖ Spirit Zone Rec / DE. ❖

►SHIVA SHIDAPU

❖ Shiva Space Technology Rec / DE. ❖

►SLINKY WIZARD

(Gus Till, George Barker, Dominic Lamb & Ronnie Biggs)

❖Flying Rhino Rec / U.K. ❖

►mc coy´s S.U.N. PROJECT

►TECHNOSSOMY

(James Monro & Matt Evans)

►TIM SCHULDT VS FOUR CARRY NUTS

❖ Aurinko Rec / DE ❖

►UNION JACK

❖ Platipus Rec/ UK. ❖

►UX

❖ Dragonfly Rec/ FR. ❖

►XENOMORPH

❖ Gnostic Rec/ DE. ❖

❖ Line Up (Dj set) ❖

►ALPHA

❖ Interzone Rec / DE. ❖

►ANTARO

►ANTI

❖ Spiral Trax Rec / SE. ❖

►BIM

❖ Iono Music Rec / DE. ❖

►DOMINIC LAMB

►GOBLIN

❖ Hom-Mega Rec / IL. ❖

►GUS TILL

►JEAN BORELLI VS KRISTIAN

(Orion & Elysium)

❖ Iboga Rec / DK & Nova Zembla Rec/ DK. ❖

►LUNA ORBIT

❖ Digital Psyonics Rec / AUT. ❖

►MIKE MAGUIRE

❖ Blue Room Rec / UK. ❖

►SHIVA JOERG

❖ Shiva Space Technology Rec / DE. ❖

►SOLITARE

❖ DAT Rec / CA. ❖

MANY MORE TO COME...

I think I have no choice but to go, anybody with me?! ^_^

Barragem de Montargil

3105 Montargil, Portalegre, Portugal

more and updated info:

https://www.facebook.com/events/247310845428889/

yep , was a complete smasher. amazing weather and lovely woods/forest. that's what we portuguese people do. glad you all had a great time there because I did !

I was too tired to enjoy it properly but mostly it sounded like their boomy kicks drowned out any hint of a bassline, leaving the tracks a bit lacking.

I think it really changed from where you were standing, the bass-scape was quite destructive at some places... And luckily they kept the bass/lows a bit lower than other artists, letting the top-layers come through, which was neglected by way to many artists/DJs if you ask me. I am not sure if they are just deaf at the bass-frequencies, just didn't hear it at the stage or just too bass/loudness-hungry!!? Anywho they were not being very considered to the party-goer as earplugs were not available, so if you didn't bring you just had to endure, with the risk of tinnitus...

The Etnica/Pliadians thing... that stuff bored me. Apparantly I like Pleiadians more, though. The more cyber sound and less eastern. But something with too much layers going every all the time = boring for me. Its very shortly fun here and there. UK goa all the way for me at this even ;p

Lol, you also managed to fall a sleep during that set.. haha! And boring is an interesting take on multi-layers :P For me it was the best set together with Crop Circles, the energy was unprecedented :D I really hope they recorded the sets...

No I didn't :P Etnica/Pleiadians finished with Lunar Civilization to make a smooth transition for my sound. I finished my initial set with Navigate (from my first album). People wanted me to continue to play and Max asked me to play Lunar Civilization (Filteria Remix). Now the reason why you think I played it twice is that the version I play on livesets have the ending of my own track Navigate. So in fact you heard the ending melody of Navigate twice.

Nice videos you uploaded btw :)

heh maybe my confusion and you would know better what was played ;p thanks! My battery was near dead and kept going on like your mix haha! I was trying to fully use up the rest of the juice for your set and no more charging during the week 8)

yep , was a complete smasher. amazing weather and lovely woods/forest. that's what we portuguese people do. glad you all had a great time there because I did !

and you werent there for the photo! we gotta find out who you are next time 0_o

I think it really changed from where you were standing, the bass-scape was quite destructive at some places... And luckily they kept the bass/lows a bit lower than other artists, letting the top-layers come through, which was neglected by way to many artists/DJs if you ask me. I am not sure if they are just deaf at the bass-frequencies, just didn't hear it at the stage or just too bass/loudness-hungry!!? Anywho they were not being very considered to the party-goer as earplugs were not available, so if you didn't bring you just had to endure, with the risk of tinnitus...

Lol, you also managed to fall a sleep during that set.. haha! And boring is an interesting take on multi-layers :P For me it was the best set together with Crop Circles, the energy was unprecedented :D I really hope they recorded the sets...

I keep forgetting to mention the bass issue too. some artists/djs it was too loud from anywhere on the dancefloor. a few the sound was fine all over the dancefloor. but mostly, the left side of the center tree the music sounded the best. so yea, next zna - lets test that out more, please! or maybe just remove a stack of subs and I think it will still sound great all over the property.

and to clarify, I fall asleep when tired, not necessarily if bored. And I can fall asleep easily. Its happened while dancing at previous events (even walking once after a day of biking 100 miles ;O) - what I mean by music that bores me is Im hearing it but its not doing anything for me. no excitement and Im zoning through the music. next thing I know its over and Im kinda like..what? something with there being so many layer assaults does it IF the tracks dont sound different enough from one another. The best way I can describe it without being too cynical haha! and yea, being a long day and worn out during Etnica, I sat down and fell asleep kinda easily until a friend asked if I was ok. Once I stood up I continued the rest of the night... and the final meal with Drosophila....8))

A few of the Greek old-schoolers were there. Spoke with them after the fest and most of them were ecstatic.

I guess you must all have noticed Despina: Short 50+ years old woman with orange hair dancing in trance all day and night, she's a legend around here! She's been going to Goa since the 70s.

I hope that this festival will keep going. I can't come next year as I'm planning to go backpacking in India and Nepal but I hope in 2 years time it' ll still be on.

I guess you must all have noticed Despina: Short 50+ years old woman with orange hair dancing in trance all day and night, she's a legend around here! She's been going to Goa since the 70s.

Yep, met her and chatted with her and some other greeks too a few times :)

I hope that this festival will keep going. I can't come next year as I'm planning to go backpacking in India and Nepal but I hope in 2 years time it' ll still be on.

It's every 2nd year, like Boom. So 2017 is the next one (if all goes well, I might add).

Wauw, what the hell happened here... What an amazing festival! :) As for the psynewsers... There were more for the pic, but we never managed to get them all in 1 spot, but others that were there: Robbelaar, Collinn OOOD of course, Elysium, Jannis Filteria... it was probably the biggest Psynews meeting ever? :)

As for the review for me, here we go :)

Back home with a blisfull feeling after this amazing festival! smile-emoticon In my Top 3 ever! smile-emoticon
Big kudos to the organisation because so many things were superbly organised! The location was out of this world, the showers the best I ever saw on a festival, the water was available allover the spot, enough toilets and a camping without "boomcars" which made sure we only heard the great goa-trance on the main stage when we took a break! smile-emoticon
Another factor that was amazing, was the crowd! I had an amazing connection with so many Belgian & international friends and goa-trance lovers from allover the world! This factor makes the festival even better! smile-emoticon Special thanks for the Belgian tribe...

And then... The music! smile-emoticon I tried to cover as much as possible, but I needed to sleep sometimes of course smile-emoticon But, I was very very pleased about most live acts! Many of them did where I could only pray for... The dj's were much more mediocre, some good, but many played regular modern full on as well, dissapointing... But I didn't mind, sometimes you need some rest as well, otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk anymore I guess... Here is my personal rating

5 Stars:
the one and only Etnica/Pleiadians! Maurizio Begotti, I saw you play at least 10 times last few years, but this set brought me to another world! The 98 remixes are kick ass, and the dancefloor was pure madness!!!! One of the best musical experiences of my life!

4 Stars:
- Shakta: like usual smile-emoticon
- Xenomorph: yes, finally, a GREAT old school set of you, and I loved your smiling positive vibe! smile-emoticon
- Goblin: best dj set of the festival for me... pure psychedelic madness!!
- Technossomy: I saw you several times before, always very dissapointing, but here? HELL YEAH!!! More like this please!
- Crop Circles: no words, just madness
- Solitaire: second best dj set, great music!!! Lots of unknown tracks smile-emoticon
- Blue Planet Corporation: wauw, flying on your beautiful vibes!
- Jannis Filteria: Yes, you prove why you are the king of modern goa-trance! smile-emoticon

3 Stars:
- Kristian vs Jean Borelli: real old school trance, nice!
- Jaia: the first part of your set, finally Jaia old school, loved it! smile-emoticon
- Lotus Omega: madness, for sure when you just woke up tongue-emoticon
- Slinky Wizard: good, altough some more classics should have been played smile-emoticon
- Sun Project: I don't like guitars, but the show was very strong!

0 Stars: Kick in the but...

Well, some guys that should learn again what old school is: Antaro... How can you play this music before the Etnica set? I couldn't believe with your background... Shiva Jorg, same message! Playing hard full on before BPC? naaah... you can do better on an old school festival... MFG, playing full on tracks every 2-3 tracks (while in Israel he plays fantastic old school sets every 2-3 weeks?), Manmademan, hard UK full on... no Drama, Athalon or other old school classics? Dissapointing. Bim, Full On from 2015, well...?

But all in all: 4.5/5 festival, in my top 3 festivals ever! smile-emoticon (together with Samothraki 2001 and Goa Balkan Fanatics smile-emoticon )

Is there any way to listen to Joergs own version? I can only find the Juan, Domi, Jorg version no matter how much I search.

Anyway, its nice to learn that he played it. And its suicide contemplating that I missed it.

did pleaidians/etnica/crop circles play: bpc - Antidote (pl remix), Pentagon, Full mental jackpot (pl remix), Time Dilation, Zeta Reticuli (lazy spiral rmx) ?

I just have to know.

The Remix Jorg played was the Juan, Domi & Jorg version (=> Jörg is him, so he DID remix that track)

Pleiadians did not play the Antidote remix, they did play Pentagon & Full Mental Jackpot Remix, but not the Time Dilation & Zeta Reticuli :)

I had an amazing connection with so many Belgian & international friends and goa-trance lovers from allover the world! This factor makes the festival even better!

The dj's were much more mediocre, some good, but many played regular modern full on as well, dissapointing... But I didn't mind, sometimes you need some rest as well, otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk anymore I guess... Here is my personal rating

Well, some guys that should learn again what old school is: Antaro... How can you play this music before the Etnica set?

I totally agree with the conversation factor! From the drop off after the bus where we waited to take the shuttle into the festival grounds. starting talking about music there an all throughout the week - that was REALLY special! Finally I could talk music with someone! ;O and MANY someones hahaha! Its not often here in the States that can happen. And most at ZNA know or remember more than I so it was great to share ideas/likes and all that related to classic psychedelics. 8)

I agree - sometimes you praise the music you dont want to hear so then you have an extra moment for rest haha! From the one dark Alpha set and some modern full-on and prog during mid-day hours where I usually hung out in the shade. Anti's old sounding mix is one I wish I heard all the way through instead of from my tent between waking. as for full-on played... I LOOOVE classic full-on. the stuff everyone complained about in early 2000s when we wanted classic goa back. well now all these years later that psy is classic (and more so than the goa was aged in '03) and it was a great time for me. the modern stuff.... bleeehhhh!

so onto Antaro - I really enjoyed his mix. He played a mix of old tracks (pitched down as Paul Eye first comfirmed. thanks for 'Double Dragons'!!) mixed with some classic psy tracks. Two GMS tracks 'Shrek' and 'Juice' are coming to mind as they played after one another and Mekkanikka - War. Even just those are special for me to finally hear at a party since I wasnt attending events when they released. not until 6+ years later I was camping and dancing ;p

The Remix Jorg played was the Juan, Domi & Jorg version (=> Jörg is him, so he DID remix that track)

Pleiadians did not play the Antidote remix, they did play Pentagon & Full Mental Jackpot Remix, but not the Time Dilation & Zeta Reticuli :)

Oh okay.

Was just curious because K-BAN mentioned Jörg had his own version of the remix :) I know he is the same Jörg as in Juan, Domi Jörg, and also Shiva Jörg :)

okay , phew, so at least I didnt miss my favorites :)

Shame for you guys tho!

Thanks for the answer Master Anoebis! :):)^_^^_^

Oh okay.

Was just curious because K-BAN mentioned Jörg had his own version of the remix :) I know he is the same Jörg as in Juan, Domi Jörg, and also Shiva Jörg :)

my bad, thats the version I meant. 2015 is a good year of music for me from the only two parties Ive gone to so far. a small one in NY and ZNA. and lucky enough to hear for the first time Spiritual Healing here in NY (my small town no less) and this newer version at ZNA. yay ;p

unfortunately i wasn't there but i have read so many good reviews and posts about so many sets, that it was amazing for sure!

what i wanted to ask is if people filmed parts of the sets and if so, why don't we post all there is on youtube on the thread? I for one would love to watch what i have missed.

Finally, I also wanted to ask how was the dj goblin set? I have read from Joske and somewhere else that it was amazing, what kind of music did he play? I guess he might have had some old unreleased tracks of his own maybe, i know at least one that is psychedelic madness. But curious to have more details on his set :)

unfortunately i wasn't there but i have read so many good reviews and posts about so many sets, that it was amazing for sure!

what i wanted to ask is if people filmed parts of the sets and if so, why don't we post all there is on youtube on the thread? I for one would love to watch what i have missed.

Finally, I also wanted to ask how was the dj goblin set? I have read from Joske and somewhere else that it was amazing, what kind of music did he play? I guess he might have had some old unreleased tracks of his own maybe, i know at least one that is psychedelic madness. But curious to have more details on his set :)

Next time, you HAVE to be there Federico, I swear you'll feel 20 again :)

There was 1 guy filming non stop from the stage, he can put the whole festival online I guess...

As for Goblin, it was not filled with unreleaseds, I think even none, but he played the more dirty acidic old krembo sound mixed with his own stuff from the old days like Alien Cop, Police Rmx, Bionic Bong, Martian Civilizations,.. But also Over Mode from Infected etc... loved it :)

Im not certain on all exact forum names but left to right here you have SkeletonMan, Staffan, Me, PaulEye, Drosophila, Anoebis and .... pdinklag?? if I can remember some of what you told me?? and where you posted recently...

P8040393.jpg

Concerning the guy next to Joske with the sharong (don't know how this garment is called in English, I know it's not exactly a sharong) and suntrip t-shirt:

He was always in front of me at last years SUN and he always wore the same combinbation (Sharong + Suntrip shirt) with different colours.

Guess we have similar taste in music and he's probably Belgian if he has so many Suntrip t-shirts.

K-Ban, I was wandering if I had passed by you at least years SUN, since afterwards you mentioned at the forum that you wore a GNOTR shirt. It's confirmed from this pic. I had "checked you out" but you were more tanned and scruffy (logical after so much travel and festivals).

Goblin started with Sandman - Shockwave and Natural Born Killer, then Promethean Process - Clarity From Deep Fog. He also played Psysex - L.S.Dance. Yes, it was amazing. :) I think he was one of the best on the festival.

Here are two short videos that I filmed.