How to reduce stress?

Ormion

I had a similar problem.

what i tried:

a) Benzos. These substances really help both relieving the stress and also helping you sleep. The problem is that they do it for only 8-10 hours and then you are in the same shit again. There are different types that cause slighty different effects... I wouldn't recommend them because it's very easy to become psychologically addicted to them...and they cause also physical addiction after some time.

B) herbs like valeriana and melissa officinalis...they do jack shit...if someone is able to sleep with them then he probably didn't have a sleeping problem in the first place

c) Melatonin. Melatonin will get you to sleep. it really works...you will sleep easily and many hours...the only downside i have is the next day, even if i sleep 8-9 hours i do not feel rested...maybe it's the specific pills that i tried because they release the substance slowly during the night

What worked for my problems

d) time....as always

e) gym...excercising will help your body release some natural hormones that will make you feel better ( ok it depends with your problems) . also you will look better and have more energy and will probably make you more tired = easier to sleep. But make sure you excersise early , not at night before you sleep.

other suggestions

F) friends/ people to discuss with, and depending on your issues a psychologist...it's not a shame...

G) Leave this fucking country, it's hell here

G) Leave this fucking country, it's hell here

Labor laws in the US are amongst the worst of all the first world industrialized nations. We're one of the only ones that doesn't have payed vacation by law.

• 5 weeks later...

If the main causes of your stress are psychical it's up to your spirit to solve em but if they are physical i may be of help :

i've been preparing my own magical potion this year and together with sex magic practice (basically abstinence) it worked wonders on me. Working your global Strenght is actually a good remedy for stress and i don't know of anything else but the combo sex magic + magical potion wich can set a man strenght to its max.

So i freely share my own magical potion recipe but it's based on organic ingredients that you may not be able to afford : if you want i can send you some as it's actually dry and preserve itself for monthes.

Spirulina, dried Goji, Maca powder, some fresh Pomegranate juice, Ginger, some Olive oil.

You swallow a little piece of the solidified mix with anything you like ( personally i take a bit of it once or twice a day with organic coffee) .If you accumulate your sexual mojo in the meantime, i guarantee that you'll both feel truly relaxed and having great thunder in yourself....

I don't know about your stress levels my fellows, but the stress I can't currently cant't handle is new windmills build by everywhere in area I live! They build thease peace of shit everywhere! And this INFRASOUND NOISE is just annoying and if you can hear it (below 20 Hz) it is like LIVING IN THE HELL! I can hear It, an i can't properly sleep, and i have no power to change things, so i just rant about it here!

FUCK THE WINDMILLS AND SUPPORTERS DIE IN PAIN!

And thease windmills are against every human or animal natural wellbeing, just becouse this INFRASOUND noise! And fuckers who build these, are "not aware" fact that windfuckers produce only 1-2% of power we need, electricity we use is 98% produced by our own nuclear or conventional power plants or bought from Russian nuclear plants!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have to say, this post by Halusinaatio about the infrasound, is interesting...

By coincidence, I found out this saturday, that noise in general has a big impact on my stress level. I had some earplugs in my pocket that I took from the manufacturing hall at work ... and on that saturday my stress was so bad I couldn't even ride the tube without getting nervous in some form, I felt really uncomfortable... and after I put the plugs into my ears it all suddenly was so good, so calm. The noise of the train was much lower, the talking of the people was far away suddenly, the crying of the kids was a bit louder but still way more bearable than without plugs...

I managed well that day...

With the earplugs, I can also hear my own breathing and that is very comforting. Also it helps calm down my breathing for when I register it being fast, I try to slow it down more.

Maybe earplugs help you too?

Just be careful that you don't overhear something important when walking...

And don't wear them too long or going without will be even less bearable.

I hundred percent agree with the people recommending excercise by the way! Already said my thoughts about it anyway.

And: cool idea about the potion... I am thinking about that aswell lately...

And thease windmills are against every human or animal natural wellbeing, just becouse this INFRASOUND noise! And fuckers who build these, are "not aware" fact that windfuckers produce only 1-2% of power we need, electricity we use is 98% produced by our own nuclear or conventional power plants or bought from Russian nuclear plants!!!!!!

That's probably not true.

To reduce stress, stop caring about something... give up something that you're clinging to. Your job, your finances, your house, your position in society, etc. You can always go live with the bears if necessary.

Drugs are for people who are rigid to stop caring or deal with their stress by changing their expectations of themselves. Medication will never cure you; it'll only make the situation tolerable by providing an escape, so that you won't be completely broken by it. The cost is that it leaves you a shell of a human being.

Note: stress itself is not a bad thing. It's possible that what you really need to give up is your idea that stress is bad and to start embracing it and being productive. Don't worry about sleeping -- you'll eventually get so tired you can't stay awake.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you really, really can't sleep, why not make an advantage out of it and try out to switch to the uberman rhythm. You're a zombie anyway, so why not make use of the situation, you can't lose anything.

Uberman rhythm: 4 hours awake, 30 minutes sleep --> Repeat again.

You have to stick to the rhythm though ... which makes it impractical when you have a job for example.

I have never tried this in its seriousness ... but when I have insomnia, I trick my body into actually trying to go for this polyphasic sleep thing, but then don't wake after 30 minutes once I am asleep ... thus double-tricking myself with my ability to fail -- the trick already worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you gotten better man? I'm talking to ormion.

I've also been having a lot of psych stress and problems in the past 6 months. A lot stems from Greece's financial problems which obvioulsy affects everyone in the country.

But also a lot of other things:

Dead end job nd worrying about future employment

renovating my grandmas house and worryin that I won't have enough funds to complete the renovation

This has lead me to stop exercising (last yeat I used to run for 2 hours + body weigh exercises, at least 3 times a week) and also stopped doing a lot of things that I enjoyed, which leads to more stress.

It' a fuckin circle, I can see it, but I can't find the strength to break it.

• 2 weeks later...