Etnica In Dub

Guest antic

Yes, indeed..!!! :)

It has been rumoured for almost 2,5 years now, maybe more..

It follows the same rule as all the "coming soon" Etnicanet releases, during the last years... (see the VA - Totemism 2)

What does "soon" mean for you guys..??? within the decade..??? :D

Anyway, regarding "Etnica In Dub" i have no idea when (and if..) it will be released.

But if it finally makes it, one of the tracks will be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVtei1sywsw

plus 3 more remixes by Vlastur...!!

and this is the front cover:

1379671_657384244282581_1693047596_n.jpg

The album exists and it's really wonderful, it was something they guys have been working on for a while and I think it's ready to be released! I will contact Max and ask if there are some news regarding it, but be sure that it's a wonderful collection of downtempo/dub/ambient tracks!

• 2 months later...

I think the album sounds wonderfoul! Please have a listen :)

I think the album sounds wonderfoul! Please have a listen :)

I did, and I must say, I agree.

The problem is, every time I listen to etnica, I can't shake the feeling of sadness/disappointment that comes with knowing they are still around making music, but it will never go back to being the stuff that rocked my world so long ago.

I guess I've changed too though. A lot of those feelings are associated with memories/events/people of a different time. Maybe it's nostalgia that I'm feeling.

It's alright... the dub versions don't really have a lot common with the originals thou, I reckon.

Why would you buy versions that sound like the originals? :P

No but seriously, I appreciate versions that manage to reinterpret the originals in another style while still keeping a hint of the original spirit. That's what made In Dub and The Pan Electric Variations so enjoyable. This one should make a nice addition to that line. Of course, there's variation in style and perceived quality due to multiple producers, but definitely enough good stuff to put it on my purchase list.

AT LAST.. :excl: :excl: :excl:

No matter whether do the tracks preserve elements of their original versions or not, it is an
AWESOME ETHNO-DUB / DOWNTEMPO / BALEARIC LOUNGE COMPILATION, covering the whole spectrum of the above styles..

Great selection of tracks by Max, something that proves that the Italian maestros haven't lost their taste for inspired (and inspiring...) music, at least regarding the chill - dub - downtempo sound....

And BTW, i really like the artwork...!!! It visualizes the mood and the spirit of the music in a pretty cool way..!!

Lookin' forward to the physical release....

Highly recommended..!!!!

I did, and I must say, I agree.

The problem is, every time I listen to etnica, I can't shake the feeling of sadness/disappointment that comes with knowing they are still around making music, but it will never go back to being the stuff that rocked my world so long ago.

I guess I've changed too though. A lot of those feelings are associated with memories/events/people of a different time. Maybe it's nostalgia that I'm feeling.

Same feelings for me too Strato.. Things become worse when i try to give a chance to their latest creations... :(

B U T

have you checked this out..???

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/69127-zna-gathering-2015/?hl=2015

10458554_905566022806122_364855413379876

10376327_864156030280455_346743583815266

AT LAST.. :excl: :excl: :excl:

Same feelings for me too Strato.. Things become worse when i try to give a chance to their latest creations... :(

B U T

have you checked this out..???

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/69127-zna-gathering-2015/?hl=2015

10458554_905566022806122_364855413379876

10376327_864156030280455_346743583815266

Sounds too good to be true. Too bad I'm in Australia!

Listened to the whole album several times.

Don't like it a bit.

No point imo no make dub rmx of the old tracks. I just do not see it. Especially when sounding uninspired.

Not that I dislike dub, but I don't like the production here (to clean, to obvious,...): tracks sound hollow and not warm or deep imo. No musial suprises, none at all.

Sounds negetive? Indeed. But at least I tried liking it...not all Etnica is gold imo ;)

A good example when they made very good down-tempo rmx of an uptempo track: "TripTonite (playa rmx)": that one feels very inspired, good produced, fresh, suprising,... Maybe even better than the original track. :)