Boom 2014 Review Thread

Shpongled247

Were all the workshops in the healing area? I know the Liminal Village had speaches and movies/presentaitons and such. I didnt catch any of this. Never am I interested really. Just gimme the music. But when I wasnt at the stage for music I was with my new friends in the sun, water or shade 8)

also - did anyone else know Carbon Based Lifeforms was at Boom at the Sacred Fire stage? I just found out yesterday. I thought that stage was more "bands" oriented so I didnt bother checking the line-up, though I did skim it. I would of loved to catch them 3 times in a row. I caught a small some of them at SUN (before the storm stopped the music) and all of their show at Ozora with Solar Fields. Before leaving home I may of known but completely forgot since the other two events. I would of only caught 30 minutes from them anyways cuz it clashed with Eat Static on the mainstage.

also - did anyone else know Carbon Based Lifeforms was at Boom at the Sacred Fire stage?

Well I kinda knew they were there but forgot all about it, until I wandered one night to the sacred fire area in a mushroom-induced daze and promptly passed out on a bench while they were playing :)

Also, repost over 9000 but who cares:

^ Eat Static set was epic! Reallly good flow and actually first time i have watched live properly.

Also, i thought i saw a UFO during his set (of course hah) and was in the middle of strongly convincing my girlfriend when she pointed out

that it was one of those flying RC quad copters filming with a light on it. Lol.

:D

Heh, they had something like that at Ozora and I too freezed until I realized what is was.

Saw this summer, Eat Static in Antaris and Ozora, chill out set as well.

Don't want to take anything away from the other legends that played fantastic sets, but his was the cherry on top. Proper psy-fi music, in every sense.

Can't wait for his new album.

Tangent:

But did anyone here catch the "State of Psytrance 2014" panel at Boom??

I did and... hmmm yeah well.. It was the owner of Nano and a couple other people, all into full on and prog only it seemed...

Found it odd when they were speaking of how full on is getting "more psychedelic"....

Someone in the crowd asked what they thought of the old school revival (i was too shy to ask about goa in front of a crowd lol) and they responded that "old school...well... its probalby just a fad that will pass" and all weren't keen on it lol... Tough talk to sit through for a goa fan lol.

That sounds incredibly silly. Nobody record it?

Heh, they had something like that at Ozora and I too freezed until I realized what is was.

Saw this summer, Eat Static in Antaris and Ozora, chill out set as well.

Don't want to take anything away from the other legends that played fantastic sets, but his was the cherry on top. Proper psy-fi music, in every sense.

Can't wait for his new album.

Boom was my first Eat Static experience at an event. Loved it! Btw I caught your set at Ozora. Loved it too 8) I heard the 'Karahana' rmx from the nearby food area (charging my camera a bit) and b-lined right to the dancefloor!!! See you next month at Equinox over here ;D

Boom was my first Eat Static experience at an event. Loved it! Btw I caught your set at Ozora. Loved it too 8) I heard the 'Karahana' rmx from the nearby food area (charging my camera a bit) and b-lined right to the dancefloor!!! See you next month at Equinox over here ;D

Nice one mate, see you on the other side :)

• 4 weeks later...