Arronax - Crossing The Rubicon

Trance2MoveU

AKTW7Ad.jpg

Artist: Arronax

Title: Crossing The Rubicon

Label: Neogoa

Date: July, 2014

01 - The Beginning Of Our Journey (144 BPM)
02 - Reaching Exosphere (142 BPM)
03 - The Holtzman Effect (142 BPM)
04 - Dreams Of Planet Earth (143 BPM)
05 - Crossing The Rubicon (143 BPM)
06 - Lightning Bolt (144 BPM)
07 - Crawlers' Pathway (142 BPM)
08 - Point Of No Return (120 BPM)

vjPYdYN.gif

I'm sorry with any other actor this would come across as fierce determination. A real let's get down to business situation. But with Macauly...I mean, it just looks like he's giving a very large man a handjob. And look at him...he looks disinterested like he's done this a million times.

Where was I?

Crossing the Rubicon. Passing the point of no return. There's no going back. These are all phrases you might hear yourself saying if you you find yourself at Taco Bell at two in the morning.

i27m349.gif

Elmo knows. Sometimes you gotta rock that sh*t out. Did you pay attention to that gif? He's actually rocking one out at 142 bpm. Time it, that's some funny sh*t right there. I just watched that for 8 minutes. But let me be clear...Nothing good happens at Taco Bell at two in the morning.

But I'm not at Taco Bell. And it's 3 in the afternoon. Where I am is on a blistering full power journey through uncharted space. Arronax is Mirza Aljić and he has crafted this four on the floor melodic goa trance that holds no pretense. It is what it is. Some goa softens you up and takes you gently into the good night.

Not this. This will beat you into a state of trance. A hurricane of futuristic cybertechnology where the colonization of space is well underway. And I love it. Power, layers, furiousity...it's got it. Couple that with Ivan's artwork and it's a visual journey as well. It moves at ludicrous speed and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you like storming goa trance with some old school snarl then cross the rubicon.

There ain't no goin' back.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk

• Like 5

Hmm. To whoever is doing the artworks for neogoa. They all look almost identical and they all use really boring stock fonts.

There are some really cool fonts on the Internet i suggest you check out.

Also the effects is almost identical cover to cover. Bloom, glow, shadow and that's about it.

The backgrounds are not bad but the text you really need to work on.

Other than that it's a pretty nice album

Trance to move you

What's the deal with the "mdk" "murder death kill" tag after your posts? :)

Thanks for the comments regarding the artwork. The core reason, why artworks looks identical is the fact that I want to have some sort of style at my netlabel, especially with visuals because that's my job in the release process. Not a single artwork goes online without the permission of artist and believe it or not, I never had any problems. I understand that some people like different style of fonts, but most of the time I prefer to keep it simple, clean and readable.

I understand you would want a common theme. Naturally.

But the texts..

There are a lot of nice clean and minimal fonts that are very easy to read that is NOT times new Roman.

Know what i mean?

And the backgrounds are nice I'm not even criticizing those.

But the texts I'm sure you could spend another 5 minutes on.

Crossing the Rubicon. Passing the point of no return. There's no going back. These are all phrases you might hear yourself saying if you you find yourself at Taco Bell at two in the morning.

Thanks for the review MDK! I laughed my ass off at this part hahahah

Somehow I don't relate MDK with that, but with "Mission: Deliver Kindness"

"Mission: Deliver Kindess" was one of several backronyms that Shiny made up for the marketing of MDK, but it originally stood for "Murder Death Kill". I assumed that T2MU ends his posts with those letters because they are his actual initials, though.

Anyway, a recent string of posts from ravenation look a lot like he's trying to stir shit for no reason to me, so I'm going to go ahead and suspend his ability to post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting a little more to be honest from this album , lacks some punch. Still fills a void that has been left by no Goa relaease at all in the last few months ? Why like this ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Album worth having for Lightning Bolt alone. One of my favourite tracks of recent years, the melody at the start sounds so goa in the most mystic way (reminds me Battle of the future Buddhas - Domestic bliss, intro and outro there is a similar sound), killer track. And great album overall, congrats Arronax.

Album worth having for Lightning Bolt alone. One of my favourite tracks of recent years, the melody at the start sounds so goa in the most mystic way (reminds me Battle of the future Buddhas - Domestic bliss, intro and outro there is a similar sound), killer track. And great album overall, congrats Arronax.

100% right, for sure the best track on the album... Smashing!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys, there is an anecdote regarding that track. While I was composing the main melody, there was a huge thunderstorm in the city I was living in, and at some point a huge lightning struck a tall electric pylon on the hill like half a kilometer away from my apartment. It was such a powerful feeling, to literally see the lightning strike an object from a safe distance :) So, that's how the track got its name.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

This album, especially its re-mastered version of 2015 is one of the goa albums I appreciate as the very best! Glad to have the limited version CD that I am listening now :)

• 3 months later...

Surprising pleasent psychedelic goa trance album with some agony maybe.
Has some moments in its production that just pleases in the best possible way.
Sounds morphing changing flowing .. Without an indepth review or opinion since Im not so familier with the tracks on it, this is a short description from my view; it starts out kinda blend and doesnt wow too much, the tracks seem to get better, and around the halfway of the albums lenght it steps it up for each track and the last track sounded to me like a forest goatrance track of sorts, and the track before the last track is a breakbeated downtempo goatrance track that did not fail to impress/please! Again, some small details in the production of how sound flow and morph into eachother (in lack of better words) is key for me to pleasently be surprised and to like this release.

Great ! But maybe not awesome.

https://neogoarecords.bandcamp.com/album/crossing-the-rubicon