shpongle suck!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shpongle is truly overrated and nothing special

even if the sounds are well aranged.

the accoustic aesthetic isn't really a burner – one out of ten songs maybe is real good

and this should be rated as quantity rather then quality.

i dont dislike them, but they are not worth that hype!

585051[/snapback]

This is almost exactly how I feel about Shpongle, except I dislike them for being highly overrated.

Their legacy to the world of electronic music is 'And the day turned to night'.

For that they deserve a place in my hall of fame.

587934[/snapback]

yeah, i try to judge every musician by their best works.

if you look for downsides you will always find some, but i try to

be positive.

so, yeah, shpongle rocks :)

I used to like them more than I do now... Now i simply hate them just because DMT is half premade samples with a tiny bit of pitch change... I mean, come ON! This is from the guy that made Space Pussy and Trancespotter... He doesn't need stupid samples to be good!

Well if it's easy I invite you or any other to make something as good..

588872[/snapback]

It's NOT easy to do a song as good as DMT, but when they but samples in it instead of the magical sounds they (Posford) can do by themselves, it feels like cheating and ruins it all for me. Sorry.

But i really like their more sample-free tracks. Although they've, aswell, shrinked on me.

Yes it was an amazing movie. Too bad the sequals didn't quite have the same innovativness, originality, intensity and genius of the original.

Posted Image

585014[/snapback]

The second was too goody goody . havent seen the third. too bad cujo came along and ruined it .. is there a third one ?

The first is a classic :)

Edit : there 's a fouth and fifth one as well . :ph34r:

It's NOT easy to do a song as good as DMT, but when they but samples in it instead of the magical sounds they (Posford) can do by themselves, it feels like cheating and ruins it all for me. Sorry.

But i really like their more sample-free tracks. Although they've, aswell, shrinked on me.

588875[/snapback]

Well, we have one fan less. I think the Twisted fan club can survive this horrible hit.

Who's next?

Well, we have one fan less. I think the Twisted fan club can survive this horrible hit.

Who's next?

588888[/snapback]

"It's pointless to voice your opinion because your just one of 6 billion people" right?

"It's pointless to voice your opinion because your just one of 6 billion people" right?

588890[/snapback]

No no, not at all. But to say that someones music is bad because they are using sample is completely ignorant. Psy Trance is one of those genres that rely less on samples but on any other scene the samples are being used a LOT. Artists like DJ Shadow, Amon Tobin and more base almost all of their music on premade music that goes through their samplers and creates something completely different.

No no, not at all. But to say that someones music is bad because they are using sample is completely ignorant. Psy Trance is one of those genres that rely less on samples but on any other scene the samples are being used a LOT. Artists like DJ Shadow, Amon Tobin and more base almost all of their music on premade music that goes through their samplers and creates something completely different.

588895[/snapback]

that's true, but usually the samples used at ambient or idm or triphop/futurejazz/whatever are usually distorted and processed through various looping techniques etc

I agree that it doesn't matter whether samples or not are used, rather their usage.

588895[/snapback]

Yes, but the thing is, these artists are active in a style that is based on samples, which leads to that everyone knows that it's based on samples.

Shpongle haven't even told anyone that they're using samples, no credit on the album covers or anything. Plus the samples sound a lot like typical psy sounds that could be created with synths or by combining several samples creatively with effects to create something out of it.

It's like comparing sampling the refrain of a pop track and cutting it up and rearranging and processing it a lot, to just grabbing the whole song, pitching it up and having it make up the base of the track.

IMO.

Yes, but the thing is, these artists are active in a style that is based on samples, which leads to that everyone knows that it's based on samples.

Shpongle haven't even told anyone that they're using samples, no credit on the album covers or anything. Plus the samples sound a lot like typical psy sounds that could be created with synths or by combining several samples creatively with effects to create something out of it.

It's like comparing sampling the refrain of a pop track and cutting it up and rearranging and processing it a lot, to just grabbing the whole song, pitching it up and having it make up the base of the track.

IMO.

588902[/snapback]

Ok, your opinion. Still, great music in my eyes.

www.bigbacterials.hu

we like Shpongle it is mi model

i no hi work wid samples onli todae awribadi work wid samples

i do Shpongle widaot samples onli people not tal is good

for finis go go Shpongle we like

bom bobom