shpongle suck!!!!

Guest Otto Matta

Posford actually does use 3/4 once in a while, which is novel for the genre. Otherwise, I'm rarely impressed by his music. It just sounds silly a lot of the time and generally lacks depth. As far as that sort of stuff is concerned (hyper-psychedelic music), Ott and Infected are far more interesting in my opinion.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prankster

hèhèhè ... i think this and i think that ... if you don't believe me i call you fat ... we love to shit and we love to chat ... instead of shitting on eachothers we could leave things unsaid !! ...

close mindedness cannot be known by the one that is ...

have a nice day ... individuals

Guest prankster

whatever ... if you don't want to see what you can find inside ... have fun finding your way in to the night ...

for me, in the middle is where i stay ... i can go from black to white, but i remain grey ...

suckers - suck

• 2 years later...

Interesting debate.

What do people feel about shpongle now?

I can't understand how you like their music?

Their melodies suck! and this flute....

Somebody stop Raja playing this dumb organ, please!

58834[/snapback]

I don't think it is the organ that is dumb but more that Raja Ram seems to have no talent playing it. When I first heard monster hit on are you shpongled I thought the flute was quite good initially but after about ten seconds he shows that he can't keep a tune & the randomness of the flute every time it comes in annoys me a bit. Shpongle's music would have been much better either with no flute at all or a decent flutist.

Shpongle irritates me. Its crappy music. Its crappy chill as well.

584369[/snapback]

Lol. Crappy music? :lol:

I don't think Shpongle was ever intended to be chillout, I don't find it on the whole relaxing per se - what has to be said is that Simon + Raja have been influenced by ambient/chill out pieces, and have thrown in inspirations from world music, psychedelic trance, drum and bass etc, and the whole effect is a hypnotic, bubbling concoction - more experimental than actual chillout.

In fact I for one would be hard pushed to actually tie it down to a genre, because that's not the point. It's just music.

Whether or not it's crap is entirely down to your taste. And all the highlights on the first album?? Lol.

Mine:

Shpongle Falls

Monster Hit

Behind Closed Eyelids

...And The Day Turned To Night

Dorset Perception

Star Shpongled Banner

A New Way To Say "Hooray!"

Once Upon The Sea Of Blissful Awareness

Around The World In A Tea Daze

Flute Fruit

Levitation Nation

Nothing Lasts...

Shnitzled In The Negev

...But Nothing Is Lost

Invocation

Exhalation

Guest Elysium

and they are all off the 1st album.

584369[/snapback]

hear, hear, hear !

maybe a 4th album will be made with raja and simon wrestling in tights on the cover and more samba?

I can't understand how you like their music?

Their melodies suck! and this flute....

Somebody stop Raja playing this dumb organ, please!

58834[/snapback]

les gouts et les couleurs ...

this is a matter of taste man, does it frustrate you that not everyone has your taste? well, deal with it! ;)

Lol. Crappy music?  :lol:

584917[/snapback]

Yeah....Im sure thats what I said. I'll say it again in case there was some confusion.

Sphongle, is crappy music. It makes me want to take a crap on my keyboard. Hence, being crappy music.