Man With No Name - Vise Versa (Perfecto Fluoro)

Tom!

I don´t know, the track itself is not bad, it is listenable full on, but it doesn´t have anything in common with the sound of man with no name. If I did not know it was Man with no name, I would not have guessed it is Man with no Name but some other artist. But at least he produces something new unlike Simon Posford who quit hish hallucinogen project for good as it seems.

This is truly amazing.

Such quality!!

I simply ADORE Man with no name, and his last album Interstate Highway is marvelous.

It is however, just like APs Amen - something you have to get used to, to fully appreciate.

This sounds just incredible. You can really hear that it is Man with no name :) Just a much much more mature style.

I am amazed!!

Radi:

I am surprised you dont recognize MWNN in this track. I could bet money this was MWNN if I heard it somewhere. I would go "damn! MWNN is makin new stuff! Yay!"

Also, how can you say this is Full On??!

This is Progressive Goatrance, and quite far from Full On.

I don´t disagree that the track is of high quality, that is true. I did not know that this is progressive goa trance tough, I thought this style is also called full on even though it doesn´t have the square kickdrum. To me this track is pretty different to the standard Man with no name goa style, but there are smilarities ofcourse. I must check Interstate highway if it is as good as you say it is.

^

Yes I think you should check it out. Its however very minimal in its approach and if you like the old storming character of his earlier work you will be disappointed at the first few listens.

But as I said, its very mature, so it will most likely grow on you.

Yes, this is very different from his earlier work. But it is truly progressive by definition, since you still recognize his sound, but it is just so much more mature and evolved.

Full On is more like most Infected, most GMS, alot of Electric Universe, late Pleadians, Cosmosis, etc etc.

Progressive means the sound is more mature and refined, although that might be quite subjective.

The word progressive actually means that the music has grown and moved forward from its earlier counterpart.

Full On is technically speaking also a part of Progressive Goatrance, but its more cheese and storming character to it.

Honestly I must say that I don´t think this track to be better than his earlier tracks. It is different in style, but to me it is not better. If you mean better by grown up than it doesn´t apply for me. In my opinion Man with no Name awas a pioneer of goa trance even with his first songs. One classic after another, from Moment of Truth til Teleportation, from Suger Rush til Neuro Tunnel. Most tracks are incredible. I have to check out Interstate Highway aswell. this track is nice in sound but for me not better as his earlier stuff, but opinions are different and if you like this style of music more, than ofcourse you will like that track more than his earlier stuff.

^

I never said better. I dont know where you got that from.. I also didn't say I liked this more than his earlier stuff..

I try not to think of music as "better" or "worse". But rather just different.

Sometimes you're in the mood of deeptrance, sometimes progtrance, sometimes goatrance.... nothing is better or worse. Imo.

^

Hmm how to explain this in the best way..

In this case I happen to enjoy his newer stuff more than his older. I really like the mature and refined sound he has created.

But I wouldnt go as far as to say it is "better" or "worse" as I often dont see the need to apply those terms in music.

When you compare track A with track B; sure, one could say one is better than the other.

In other words, I dont think this is better than his old stuff, I like listening to this sometimes, and his old stuff sometimes. And this applies to all music, new and old.

I hope thats clear.

I find that attitude very good. It is indeed a fact that sometimes you enjoy one album or artist more and sometimes the other album or artist. It depends on the mood and other factors. Anyway, it is great that Man with no Name is porducing good music again.

must be honest, it's not massively brilliant but certainly good to see him back releasing stuff again - hopefully if more stuff is on the way - it'll be a bit more full on than this. Still like it though!

yeah, it's nothing extraordinary but a nice mwnn track. the style is a bit like the later compilation tracks from him. hopefully any real new tracks (i've got a strong feeling that i've heard this one before a couple of times. maybe in his livesets in the last years? or maybe someone has posted them here before? or both?) will be a bit more energetic with stronger melodies. but anyway, good to see that more stuff is getting released, even if it's goagressive and not goa ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...