Is there any kind of psy "scene" on the east coast in north america?

winterelegy

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question, but it seems to be the one that gets the most action. I am getting back into this kind of music and wondering if there are any DJs or events still playing psy music on the east coast in the US. specifically virginia, baltimore, dc, philly, or nyc? All I can find so far is that they still do the Gaian Mind Fest in maryland (just missed it unfortunately) and possibly some fest(s)in NYC. Really want to get back into going out but I can't do dubstep which seems to have overtaken all the edm events

There are some things happening in Pittsburgh again. There is an event I am playing at this Friday, Aug. 1: https://www.facebook.com/events/510623035733367/ and there is a new monthly the first Monday of each month, with other events as well from 3rd Eye Squeegee: http://3rdeyesqueegee.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/3rdeyesqueegee . The organizers are from Pittsburgh and Ohio.

The Gaian Mind Festival has not happened for more than 5 years, but I think there are still some things happening in Philly once in a while.

There are always things happening in NYC, but I know organizers change over the years... but I can guarantee something is happening.

There is a festival in North Carolina later this summer, and there are regular events in Asheville.

I've been living out of the country for over 5 years, so I am not as aware as I used to be, but I'm sure others here are...

Cool, thanks for the tips guys! I'm in DC so none of that stuff is too close unfortunately. But NC and NYC would be doable for a fest at least. Can't believe Gaian Mind has been over for 5+ years. Shows how long I've been out of it

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question, but it seems to be the one that gets the most action. I am getting back into this kind of music and wondering if there are any DJs or events still playing psy music on the east coast in the US. specifically virginia, baltimore, dc, philly, or nyc? All I can find so far is that they still do the Gaian Mind Fest in maryland (just missed it unfortunately) and possibly some fest(s)in NYC. Really want to get back into going out but I can't do dubstep which seems to have overtaken all the edm events

Apart from some NYC parties, dubstep, trap, mumbatone, and electro is pretty much all you're going to find. A goa scene should be established in the VA/D.C. area

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, thanks for the tips guys! I'm in DC so none of that stuff is too close unfortunately. But NC and NYC would be doable for a fest at least. Can't believe Gaian Mind has been over for 5+ years. Shows how long I've been out of it

You live in DC as well? My friend I met at Respect Gatherings : Genesis last year lives there and we just came back from travelling to SUN, Ozora and Boom. If you want contact info to travel to parties, tag team with him to go to events. The east coast has its fair share of parties as does the rest of the US in its spread out states and their scenes. Yeah, Gaian Mind hasnt been around for some years but there is Respect Gathering and Radial Engine Tribe in NY throwing Parties. Radial Engine Tribe had Smoke on the Water 2 in May at the beautiful Echo Lake location where Respect held Genesis last year. It was a mixture of hard, dark and suomi psytrance. Respect Gatherings also has Goa Connection the end of this month as their outdoor festival and it will be varied among full-on, progressive and dark/forest and goa trance. Respect throughout the year throws indoor parties in NYC and they have international artists play. Massachusetts has the Fractal Tribe which is also soon in early September is Fractal Fest which I think returns to a location in Vermont. Hux Flux is back this year, I wont be attending this one again as my schedule is full and the line-up is pretty similar to last year. These guys also have a Subculture party at some indoor location. Another of those I think is coming up soon with planning. I didnt attend earlier in the year. I believe Florida and Atlanta, GA have their own parties too but I dont know the organisations there. Touch Samadhi in North Carolina has one of the oldest and real dedicated scenes with Equinox festival have its 11th year this summer. That will be my last festival of the year. Shoom as mentioned above is playing there, Bloodwing, too (as well as Goa Connection in NY). NC also has Pangea which taks place earlier in the year around spring time. Dj Kameleon throws that one.

I live like 40 minutes from D.C. but i'm currently going to school in Chicago. Once i'm done with school and internships etc etc. i'll have time to dedicate to help establishing something in the area.