Man with no Name appreciation thread

radi6404

it's not the only thing missing. there is no teleport, no sugar rush, no space juice.

As if those are the only important tracks by Man with no Name. I guess you would have listed those and dismissed many of the tracks I included. By the way I was never really amazed by the normal Teleport, only by the Teleport remix. Sugerrush is impressive ineed.

don't think all are masterpieces but nice list overall and I think Marmion - Schoneberg MWNN remix should be in the list as well

I think all of those tracks are masterpeaces, because Man with no Name has many more tracks that are just a littlee bit weaker than the tracks in that list. For example Greece 2000 - Three drives or Paralell Universe or Neuro Tunnel or Lion King. In comparison with other artists Man with no Name has a high percentage of good tracks while many other respected artists only have one good album out of three. This just shows how talented Martin Freelnad is. Otherwise he wouldn´t had produced as many chartstormers as he did.

The only problem with old Man with no Name tracks is that the mixing and masterping is not the best due to the technology back in 199 and 1994. I would love to hear old Man with no Name tracsk remastered with more powerful mastering so that the dynamics are better and the music sounds better when played loud.

• 6 months later...

Never got in to his sound. i can see why it was popular as it very much sat on the border of melodic commercial trance & the melodic Psy style but it was just a little too repetitive really for me. I could tell it was his track a mile off and each track had the same basic rythmic pattern. Same kick, same bass, same kind of acid 303 swrils & big melody at some point. Only track that mildly interested me was jack-in-the-box because it had some funky tribal riddim in it for a bit but really more of the same.