Big new talents!

Anoebis

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

He would be more interesting if he change these boring full on and dark psy basses. Always same bass <_<

Got to agree here. I think it's enough with those basslines. They are already all over modern psy ala most of the TIP releases etc. The world need variation in basslines. Not boring repetition of what everyones else does :)

• Like 3

Because of this topic I realised again how talented Christian is!! :)

Damn, can't wait for his full album, it will still take time... but it will kick ass (for the ones on Goa Balkan fanatics festival... his Sun Project - Space Dwarfs rmx, oh my god... The ACID!!!) :)

• Like 1

I like some of these artists. There's for sure some evolution and maturity happening now. One thing I miss though is less fast tunes. It's like most has to be 140-145 bpm as a rule.

Wanted. More morning music (What was used to be called morning music) with a little more breathing within the tunes.

Wanted. More morning music (What was used to be called morning music) with a little more breathing within the tunes.

Some newcomer do produce this as well... :) Have a listen :)

Slower, more deep music, with a fantastic melody in the second part :)

And another slower, deep beautiful track, you will probably like :)

• Like 1

Some newcomer do produce this as well... :) Have a listen :)

Slower, more deep music, with a fantastic melody in the second part :)

And another slower, deep beautiful track, you will probably like :)

The first one is wicked. For sure my favorite of the two. The 2nd is also nice but for my taste buds a bit too "israel" in the lead :) But nice to hear some are going a bit slower :)

I dont know if you count cosmic dimension as new but their latest remix of Ra's track on ten spins was fantastic. Their previous releases had been pretty dry and didnt really move me so i was pleasantly surprised to hear that remix. These guys have enormous potential to deliver some cracker jack goa tunes i believe. Good luck to them .

@Elysium: cool :)

I do wonder if Uth is up to anything recently. He dropped 4 gorgeous tracks and then disappeared!

Edit: I guess I have to take that back after checking discogs. Looks like he's still actively producing.

He is indeed producing, but he is really freestyle, not only doing goa... but he will do more goa stuff in the future he said, so we are waiting :)

Because of this topic I realised again how talented Christian is!! :)

Damn, can't wait for his full album, it will still take time... but it will kick ass (for the ones on Goa Balkan fanatics festival... his Sun Project - Space Dwarfs rmx, oh my god... The ACID!!!) :)

I remember when Luis sent me his music and how my first reaction was after I heard the first tracks (which are now released on Goalogique and Timewarp). They were good, but the Chromatic World was the essential thing and the direction I wanted to see him on Neogoa. Luckly we found the perfect balance and released 5-track EP which recieved nice feedback and made over 5000 downloads. I've heard his remixes and tribute tracks to Etnica/Pleiadians and Crop Circles and yes they sound great, but I would rather see more of his original works rather than remixes, but that's just me.

No thanks. We spent 10 years with nothing but morning Goa. Finally spacey, dark Goa is coming back.

• Like 1

Well this isn't exactly goa morning music (and the artist prefers to call it "daypsy"), but I can really recommed it. Tempos around 130BPM.

Also, free on Ektoplazm.

And he's not exactly a "newcomer", but the project is quite new.

• Like 1

No thanks. We spent 10 years with nothing but morning Goa. Finally spacey, dark Goa is coming back.

Yeah, nothing wrong with music being "dark". It's just that dark nowadays mostly means high tempos with machine gun basslines and fart noises.

• Like 2

I mean Dark Goa. All those years since newschool Goa first started we had morning tracks almost exclusively. Finally the last 2 years more and more artists produce dark, spacey Goa. I welcome this.

Bring it on!

Totally forgot about Arronax, even tho he is already a known to Goa people who are following this music. His new stuff is really darky and very acidic.

Biography: Mirza Aljić (Arronax) is one of the earliest Goa Trance producers in Bosnia & Herzegovina. He was born in 1987 and his first steps into the world of electronic music were made during the days in primary school.

In the very beginning, with the breakthrough of VST technology & DAWs, he was experimenting with various instruments and sounds recorded in his improvised home studio. Inspired by a great band, The Prodigy, Mirza was producing some heavier electronic stuff at the time, however none of it was a release material. Sometimes in 2002 he confronted the style of Psychedelic Trance. The moments when he first heard Astral Projection’s “Soundform” and “Mahadeva”, Shakta’s “Lepton Head” and “Silicon Trip”, were the moments of utmost significance for his musical orientation. Amazed by the beauty and complexity of trance music, Mirza has set off on a long journey, a journey where he would find a new meaning and purpose of music in his life.

Even today, artists like Shakta, Man With No Name, Pleiadians and Etnica remain his main influence in Goa trance music. While trying to keep the old spirit of Goa music alive, Arronax also introduces production techniques and complexity of the new Goa Trance era in his own and unique way.

Influences: Many different and totally not related music genres and styles influenced the choice of Arronax’s musical performance. Whether it’s from power/progressive metal or ambient and world/ethno music, he can always find inspiration for his own music and his artwork. Some remarkable bands and artists which influenced Arronax are Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Shpongle, Younger Brother, Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre, Juno Reactor, The Prodigy, Pitch Shifter, and many many more.

Discography:

• Dreamcatcher (CDr, Album), Symbiosis Label (2005)
  • Floating Desire (CDr, Single), Symbiosis Label (2006)
  • Quiet Darkness - VA Monologue (File, MP3, Comp), Psygarden (2006)
  • Quiet Darkness - VA Bh Electronix Part 4 ‎(File, MP3, Comp, Mixed) (2008)
  • Forest Of Twilight - VA Ya Wichna ‎(CDr, Comp), Phototropic Records (2009)
  • First Contact - VA Modra Zora ‎(12xFile, MP3, Comp), Cosmic Flower Records (2010)
  • The Journey Continues - VA Goatronika ‎(CD, Comp), Phototropic Records (2010)
  • Black Hole (Extended Trip) feat. Somnesia - VA Dimensional Gateway, Neogoa (2010)
  • Acid Sunshine feat. Weedran - VA Saur Maas, Kalpamantra (2011)
  • The Dark Flow - VA The Omega Point, Neogoa (2012)
  • Acid Sunshine (2012 Edit) feat. Weedran - VA The Call Of Goa, Ovnimoon Records/Timewarp (2013)
  • Black Hole (Revisited) feat. Somnesia - VA Epoch Of The Terrans ‎(CD, Comp), Suntrip Records (2014)
  • Crossing The Rubicon (Digital, Album), Neogoa (2014)
  • Like 1

I mean Dark Goa. All those years since newschool Goa first started we had morning tracks almost exclusively. Finally the last 2 years more and more artists produce dark, spacey Goa. I welcome this.

Bring it on!

It will come, don't worry :) We are getting more and more promos/goa in this direction as well... more variety coming up! :) The Shakta album at the end of oct will be in this vein for sure already...

(although for me, a wonderful melody will always be the best thing in goa-trance music... Sometimes I want madness and acid and darkness, but a superb melody will always give me goosebumps, even in 20 years) :)

But it is always like this, people begging for goa, they get goa, then they want different goa/darker goa, and when there is too much darker, they want bright again etc... :P the best is to have many kinds on different labels imo anyway :) but Anjuna is clearly on the darker path

• Like 1

What happened to Alienapia? They made a cool darker album.

I met Dimitro last year in Moscow, speaking a lot about that... at that moment he was more focused on Zymosis project. I will meet him in september here on Wicked Forest festival and will ask him again and let you know :)

Goch produced the best album of the year, so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfUglcMnvo

The best forest trance for sure, last year on Lost Theory he was super good (although the sound was muddy) now it sounds more mature and super psychedelic! :) This is the new kind of forest that is nice for in the night on festivals imo :)

(although for me, a wonderful melody will always be the best thing in goa-trance music... Sometimes I want madness and acid and darkness, but a superb melody will always give me goosebumps, even in 20 years) :)

these things aren't exclusive. plastic, vimana, chaos, bali ... :)

But it is always like this, people begging for goa, they get goa, then they want different goa/darker goa, and when there is too much darker, they want bright again etc... :P

yep. we've had some great darker albums lately, now i'm looking forward to the upcoming ra album ;)

I think there's room for everything. Diversity is the key ;)