Doof - Let's Turn On - Remixed & Remastered - DATCD006

i don't see the distortion in let's turn on the wave editor, but i hear it. it's not clipping, but i guess it was limited too hard?

of course we appreciate the booklet, the poster and the coloured cds. it's immediately noticable how much work and passion went into this release. and the remixes for sure are interesting. some are more raw, less polished and hyptotic than the originals and some are better than the originals.

if some tracks were just a fraction of a db more silent, there would be no distortion and therefore not a single suggestion for improvements from me. so keep on doing what you do, it is very much appreciated :)

I think you misread my comment, for me there is NO issue, NO clipping, NO compression.

I think we all understand your comments loud and clear. You've buried your head in the sand and there are NO problems, NO criticisms, NO flaws, even if numerous people are saying otherwise. "Period."

I actually feel the remaster sounds WAY better than TIPCD. Period.

You also can't hear the distortions pointed out in the remastered version, which puts your hearing ability into question.

Have you actually done a detailed side-by-side comparison? Did you normalize the loudness in that comparison? (It can be tempting to think that louder = sounds better, which is why the "loudness war" exists to begin with.)

Let's hear what other people think, I think it's way more constructive.

Yes, let's just ignore the critical feedback and instead focus on the positive feedback from others, most of whom probably haven't done a comparison with the original mastering. Ignorance is bliss. :rolleyes:

yeah well... u got this other aussie tough guy backing you up

what ever differences between the original tip and this version must be pretty minimal for only a handful out of.... well just about everyone on this forum!

i can't hear nothing.. in fact if i remember right i got rid of the original cause it had a skip or something in it years ago (probably burnt it with my astral collection)

alot of work has gone into this release... and the people criticizing this are focusing on mostly negative (which doesn't seem to be there)

do you lot in question even have the right release (maybe they got sent the first pressing!!)

you need to let it gooooooooooooooooo and relaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxx....... and chill the fuck out!

MODS CAN WE FIX THIS THREAD!!!

it's promotional.... not emotional!!!

why is that goldfish still trolling!!!

what ever differences between the original tip and this version must be pretty minimal....

i can't hear nothing.. in fact if i remember right i got rid of the original cause it had a skip or something in it years ago (probably burnt it with my astral collection)

Oh great, someone who doesn't own the original is here to say that the "differences must be minimal" and "I can't hear nothing". How do you expect to hear any differences when you don't actually compare it to the original?

alot of work has gone into this release... and the people criticizing this are focusing on mostly negative (which doesn't seem to be there)

Red herring. Nobody is criticizing the amount of work that went into this release, and a large amount of effort going into something does not make it immune to criticism.

it's promotional.... not emotional!!!

Ironically, it's the likes you who are making the emotional posts in this thread. Lots of exclamation marks, fallacious reasoning, ad hominem attacks, and absolutely nothing to add to the rational discussion that some of us are trying to have. Faith in humanity based on this thread would be pretty low.

Man, 2014/2015 sure are the years for tons of trouble ain't it. First arguments about cover arts, and now this. I'll just stay on the sideline.

I really need to sit down and type out a proper and full review of this album but god damn, these remixes are really special.

The very first thing I did was put on the Angelina remix; I hated it.
A lot.

Then I listened to the entire album and was slowly drawn in.

Then I had a fucked up day at work, left early and drove home with the gorgeous spring time sun shining on me, and the Angelina remix came on again; everything clicked into place and I _LOVED_ that mix. Have now listened to the entire remix album again and it is fucking gorgeous.

So good.

So thankful for this release and to have this for the summer

=)

Mad thanks and love to DAT n Doof for offering up this window into these versions of these timeless classics

I had a chance to take a look and listen.

When I graph it, it does look pretty strong, and I'd be tempted to turn it down if I was to base my decisions only on that, but when I listen, it sounds just fine.

I suppose if you really want to nitpick and have side by side comparison with the old Doof CD you might find something, but most of people wouldn't notice anything if they weren't specifically pointed to it.

The volume sounds fine to me, there is a good balance between lows and highs with plenty of room in the middle...There is some punch but not too much, highs are

sharpened but not piercing...I think it sounds way better than many other releases.

• 3 weeks later...

ANGELEEEENA!!!

That voice gives me chills each and every time.

I gave this one another try, especially with all the new versions in one place, hoping the remaster would flush out some details and make the tracks more enjoyable for me. It didn't work, still not a huge fan of this particular release. At most, though, I now have better quality versions of "Angelina" and "Double Dragons" along with alternate versions of each which are quite, quite good. As it were, even on the original version, those are the only two tracks that I genuinely enjoy.

The quality is fantastic, thanks for all the work on this one especially with all the pressing problems that cropped up during the process. Bang up job bringing this one back to life.