Artist: K.U.R.O.

Penzoline

Artist: Takeichiro Kurosaki aka K.U.R.O.

Date: 2014-01-07

By: GagaISM

Translator: Hiroko

Do you remember your first experience with electronic music and what kind of impression it made on you?

Firstly I came in touch with electro music from Yellow magic orchestra was In beginning of 80s when I was 12 years old.

was big impact for me YMO's Sequencer sounds.

Also I was really liked to drum sound of Prince / Let's Go Crazy,I repeatedly to listening to Linn Drums sound.

How did you get introduced to the Goa sound and what inspired you to start producing such music?

In early 90s I been to party of DJ KUDO (aka Artman) every week,

then I met different style of techno music like "The Infinity Project/Hyperactive" And "E-Rection" as on time of starting culture movements and After I went to Club Geoid (where the legendary club for Japanese Goa scene) there i could hear "Man with No name" etc.

So, This era started interesting to making tracks and got inspiration for melodies and tones like hints for creating tracks from each party I attended to...

Could you tell me a bit about the early days of the Japanese Trance scene and how Tokyo Tekno Tribe started?

When I met Goa style of Music, Japan had an excellent organizer called Equinox,

Equinox organized parties and people learned from them, and started new organizations.

Tokyo techno tribe member was met in Equinox parties and started create tracks together.

Your first album "Revolution"is considered a classic in the Goa scene. Could you tell me a little a bit about the production of it and what kind of gear you used?

I am very happy about people getting interesting what I done in past,

It was a simple way to record directly to DAT, played all the parts in the Sequencer and recorded.

Now is easy to handle all works by computer so I will not do same as past

Sequencer

Commodore Amiga 500

Synth

Sequential Circuits SIXTRAK

Roland JUNO-106

Korg Mono/Poly

Korg POLY-800

Sampler

Akai S900

Effector

Maxon DD1000

Yamaha SPX-900

Drum machine

Akai XR10

Yamaha RY-30

Korg DDD-5

Mixer

Yamaha MV-1602

Above tool I was using for album "Revolution"

What were your favorite Goa artists and releases back then?

Juno Reactor

MASA

Man With No Name

Voodoo People

Zodiacyouth

Total Eclipse

Psychaos

Einstein

Koxbox

Spectral

Saafi Brothers

Delta

Elysium

Johann

X-Dream

Psyko Disko

midimiliz

Green Nuns Of The Revolution

Blue Planet Corporation

Electric Universe

Almost all artist gave me inspire and passion at the time.

You also had another project called "Charm". How was this different from K.U.R.O.?

Charm was worked under the name of PLUTO and Trance Warp, created Hard core techno sounds, after changed name to Charm.

First era we care about melodies, and Tatsuo was making more melodies than me, After we were listening minimal techno, so we created tracks by an emphasis on minimal style.

I started project as K.U.R.O. for own single project.

You would eventually move on from the Goa sound to a much darker style of Tech-Trance. Both with K.U.R.O. and Charm. Was

X-Dreams Radio an inspiration for this change in sound?

I think we hadeffected by Radio,

Also

Flying Rhino / White Rhino

Synchro Kitchen Sync / Power On TIP Records

Spirit Zone Recordings / Tathata

Symbiosis Records / Funk

Above tracks and albums gave us more ideas.

Sametime I listen techno music like

Basic Channel

Chain Reaction

Monolake

Cari Lekebusch

Eternal Basement

Tresor,

Especially Monolake I was heavy listener.

Your second K.U.R.O. album "Satisfaction" is one of my favorite Trance albums of all time. How do you remember that period

and the creation of the album?

This time was created track by computer and soft synth,

I was experimenting mix with Goa sound with EBM and Techno.

The next K.U.R.O. album "Modulation" would be even more Techno-orientated. What inspired you to explore that genre?

Its from Minimal Techno,

I wasn't listen Goa trance and psy trance this time, essences is inside of tracks but much more go into Minimal techno.

Your last album "Conception" was only released digitally. Can we ever expect physical releases from Psyristor Trax again?

Relese by physical disk is planned, but still havent decide date of release,

I really wish soon able to release.

How is the japanese Trance scene doing these days?

Japanese Goa scene is now getting new wave, still keeps old good parts in parties.

Especially around DJ YUTA (Matsuri Digital /Mind of Vison), who is current pioneer and leader of Goa scene.

Young generation run good parties in Japan. also Jikooha is cheer-up Neo-Goa scene, Masa is still keep his style and playing around.

Could you mention your 10 favorite albums of all time?

Cant say exactly 10 album, but

I listen to

Monolake/Interstate

YMO

and techno mixes of

Ness

Claudio PRC

Giorgio Gigli

Also I like modular synth,

Thereofore listning to modular synthartist tracks like aRichardDevine etc

• Like 5