Out of the loop, need to get back into it.

Mergi

Someone needs to explain me what KinDzaDza is about. I really can't get into the psycore/hi-tech universe. I enjoyed the melody in Intergalactic Boom, but it seems to me that this musical universe is even more obscure, esoteric and elitist than Goa itself, with codes that only a few initiates are able to read.

This is how it looks. I'll probably will get the CDs in about ten days as most are not at hand (orange).

I) Filteria - Lost In The Wind (Shpongled247)

II) Artha - Influencing Dreams (Penzoline)

III) Mindsphere - Patience For Heaven (Manuser)

IV) Hedonix - Guerilla Ontology (sidetrakkt)

V) Crossing Mind - The Inner Shift (Scandasia)

VI) Kindzadza - Nano Ninja (Rotwang)

VII) Zirrex - Ritual Dance (Paul Eye)

VIII) Logic Bomb - The Grid (Padmapani)

IX) PortaMento - The Portal (Veracohr)

X) Procs - Touchdown In Hizzytown (juril)

I'm going to stay with these first ten ones, I'll keep the ones from mars and drosophila in my mind for next time.

Observe that this is just a list, nobody has won yet! :)

• Like 1

Then, we have here :

5 Goa CD's (Filteria, Mindsphere and Crossing Mind for Suntrip Records, and Portamento and Artha for Cronomi Records)

2 Full-on CD's (Hedonix and Logic Bomb)

2 Psytrance/Experimental CD's (Zirrex and Procs)

and last but not least, 1 CD standing for Dark/Hi-Tech with KinDzaDza.

Despite the majority of Goa CD's, the psychedelic world as a whole is well represented. This list covers many styles, even if it contains pretty underground and unknown products, compared to names like Solar Fields, Ovnimoon, Lyctum, etc. One should also notice the absence of Progressive CD's. Even if this particular scene evolved in a mediocre way, some talented representants could have been pointed out, especially when it comes to mind that Progressive has become, these past few years, the dominant genre in Psytrance.

There is only 1 CD for the whole darkside of psytrance, but this one sums up well how the scene has evolved and what is its potential IMO.

One should also notice the absence of Progressive CD's.

logic bomb has two tracks that lean more towards progressive ;)

imho one of the best progressive album from the last years (that doesn't come from the usual suspects like ovnimoon, lyctum, e-clip) is certainly worth mentioning (especially since it's a free download from ektoplazm). Stereofeld - Frequenzwechsel

Enjoy Mergi!

And Scandinasia: Hedonix is not full-on ;) wouldn't put them in any box really... and the mainstream progressive has lost most connections with the psychedelic scene anyway if you ask me :P although there has been a raise in good psychedelic progressive as the like of zenon (besides them of course) which has been termed zenonesque on Ektoplazm (especially Glitchy.Tonic.Records has some powerful releases)... check it out Mergi :)

and the mainstream progressive has lost most connections with the psychedelic scene anyway if you ask me

I've always counted it as a subgenre of house instead, mainly because it's

1) not psychedelic

2) not trance

That didn't stop me from collecting it in my house years, though. I'd just hesitate recommending it when trance is requested.

Was about to enter the tesseract realease as a bonus XI... but saw more people making recommendations.

So to make it fair 10 is the final verdict.

I will remember the last two (XI & XII) don't worry... next time I order from PS, I'll get 'em!

Progressive trance is versatile (and it probably needs its own topic), it's the technoid progressive Tegma Bigwigs.. but you have also the morning stuff of Son Kite and Vibrasphere...

Do not underestimate the art of Progressive Trance!

Jaïa - Fiction <-- Love that progressive!

Are you considering suggestions after the first ten? if yes then i would say Artifact303 - Back to space

edit : aah maybe in your next batch then ;) btw i think the first contest will be won by scandanasia hands down IMO , hope this wont tilt the scale in his favour :P

I think the guys in the forum have made great reccomendations.

I would reccomend Kadasarva, which is a free release, so it won't burden your budget of 10 cds.

And another FREE release I strongly recommend you the album of CYBERNETIKA - THE SCYTHE OF ORION

Free download: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/cybernetika-the-scythe-of-orion

A MUST HAVE! Great music, one of the best of the decade 2010.

Mergi, please, if I may add and join into the bunch of free recommendations on top of your purchase ... you should download the Etnoscope album stated in my signature. It's free and you won't regret it for sure.

That piece was planned to be released for money, but then it was soooo long in the making that they released it for free.

Get the album from: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/etnoscope-way-over-deadline

Read my review if you are unsure ... all info in my sig :)

(ha, finally my laziness concerning sig change is rewarding me, hehehe :D )

Actually the 10 CDs are not the top ten but the first ten to be recommended in the thread.

Also these CDs have now arrived and will get a run through once I've gone to bed slept and awakened. 2 days off, so perfect timing.

Shit! You didn't get "Loud - Some Kind of Creativity" did you?!

Yes, that album is highly recommended! (but came out in 2006, so did not qualify for the rules...)

But I would definitely add that to your next purchase if you do not already have it!

Yes, that album is highly recommended! (but came out in 2006, so did not qualify for the rules...)

But I would definitely add that to your next purchase if you do not already have it!

I never get tired of that album. Pure bliss!

No... sounds like I should have! :)

Listening to Artha now.

Yes! GET IT NOW! :)

I personally enjoy their later albums more than Some Kind of Creativity. It's a good album, but it's like their first stuff when they were just beginning so there are some parts of some tracks which I don't like but otherwise it's a great album and I think their later albums improve upon it (except for Abstract, that was not so great besides a track or two).

ugh! I have as of yet found the time only for 3 albums. Unfortunately one of my cats took a turn for the worse also I got some flu crap with fever (yeah! nice timing! everything bad at the same time) so all the attention is fixed on that detail. Hopefully I'll stop sweating and get back into the groove soon!