Out of the loop, need to get back into it.

Mergi

I've been out of the loop since 5+ years now, something like that. I'd like to get into the loop once more and am going to turn to the people I know knows their shit... which is you, of course.

1) Now, I'm going to settle for 10 CDs at the moment.

2) You will be choosing the 10 CDs for me (because I have no clue myself).

2.5) These will still have to be available at psyshop.

3) One member can only choose 1 CD (that means 10 members have to respond with a CD to this topic).

4) You have to choose one (and only 1!) of your favorite Psy/Goa (note that there is no hippy ambient specified, I'm in the loop when it comes to that) CDs from the timespan 2010-Present (yeah, I know I've been out of the loop longer than that but want to make it a bit easy for you).

5) Once 10 records has been choosen ordered and received I'll have to review them all here on psynews.

6) The member (or the members) that turn out to have chosen the best CD(s) in my opinion will have the privilege of getting 2 CDs of his/her/their choice from psyshop for free (yes I'll be paying).

You may visit my discogs collection if that would help you in your choice of CD...

Well, you have a rather large collection on discogs, makes it a bit hard to see what you don't have already haha :P

But, you dont seem to have this.

http://www.discogs.com/Filteria-Lost-In-The-Wild/release/5044853

Filteria - Lost In The Wild

Why i chose this album?

Because it represents the evolution of Filteria, to me anyways. And frankly, the pinnacle of the modern style of goa trance to my ears. (See i didn't use that word people always bitch about :P )

It is what i wanted him to become, and he has. If you were along for the ride from the start and heard the evolution then even better, if not well I hope you like where he has ended up, i sure do. :0

Good start that. I have nothing from Suntrip, neither do I have any excuses not to have any of their CDs so I'll see to it that I get that CD at least. I was tempted earlier to get the D5 stuff but it just poured right through my fingers for some reason...

I seriously need to venture out of my comfort zone, the 3D Vision Story 03 compilation I purchased was a complete dud. When I'm buying stuff I'm a decade out of phase (just like that compilation)... it's slightly disconcerting.

Portamento - The Portal (2011)

Fantastic darker acidic goa. Modern day classic.

Artha - Influencing Dreams (2010)

Some say it's the modern equivalent Hallucinogen, and to be honest it's the only thing that comes close.

By the way bear in mind most of the recommendations you're going to get are goa or something close. There are definitely plenty of noteworthy psy albums, just we are always goa oriented here.

• Like 2

I'm traveling at the moment, so can't properly browse through my cds... But off the top of my head, I would recommend Hedonix - Guerilla Ontology. Blends a lot of different styles into a unique sound, and each track has its own distinct feel. More hypnotic/progressive-ish at the beginning of the album and more uplifting/melodic near the end, but has a lot of interesting weird sounds throughout and some Goa influences... without being really progressive or Goa... Hard to describe and categorize, but I have listened to this album a lot. (Psyshop uploaded all the full tracks on Youtube, so you don't need to rely on shorter samples, and can really hear the tracks develop...)

Crossing Mind - The Inner Shift

An album that every gentleman must possess in his audio library.

A little aperçu of it : The Unenligntened Perspective

This album deals with the adventure of a solitary mind trying to create his own Fantasy world. He will go through obstacles, doubts, wonders, and eventually experiment multiple psychedelic flavours that will all take part in this newborn world. Deep, smooth, creative Trance music with intense Goa design.

Edit : My personal favourite tracks are Optronic Circles (Remix) and Magnetic Fields of Life.

I also forgot to mention it was made by a supertalented French artist whose name is Stéphane Bèze. God Bless you, Monsieur Bèze.

• Like 1

A gentleman knows his place in the universe and makes the most out of it for himself and everyone in his surroundings... I'm far from a gentleman but perhaps I'll garner points from listening to Crossing Mind.

• Like 1

i'd love to recommend some goa (because we all know that it's not only the best subgenre but also the only one that hasn't completely gone to shit in the last few years), but to give you a more balanced view of the state of psytrance i'll recommend an album that's not goa, but still stands out like a shiny mountain (not the only one, but certainly one of the tallest) above a huge sea of mind-bogglingly uninspired crap that aims to destroy anything that psytrance stands for:

Logic Bomb - The Grid

if you've been out of it for so long that you don't know Sonic Algebra you might consider getting that one instead.

kindzadza hmmm... this is shaping up to be real interesting indeed.

the whole ektoplazm catalogue is quite impressive, I would do well to explore it someday...

logic bomb has always kept their standards set high so any album would do actually, but The Grid will be chosen for this batch.

Your restriction to just Psyshop puts a bit of a damper on possible suggestions. I'd probably suggest something from Zion 604 Records, but they're not available on Psyshop.

I'll assume you mean music that is new since 2010, otherwise I'd suggest Etnica Live in Athens 1996. So my suggestion is:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/crm/crm1cd005.html

I'll also mention this as a freebie suggestion, because you don't have to pay for it:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/blackstarrfinale-auryn

Indeed a bit restricted when it comes to the choice of shops, but I want to get them all in one go. Not necessarily does it need to be produced 2010 and forward but the CD in question has to be released during this period. Luckily you gave the second cronomi recommendation, as I already have the Etnica Live 2xCD.

And so... who'll be taking the last slot, hmmm?

Portamento - The Portal (2011)

Fantastic darker acidic goa. Modern day classic.

Oh, don't scratch that - I think You've got it right the first time :).

It's an album I keep going back to. Pure energy blast, no dumb solutions.

Oh, don't scratch that - I think You've got it right the first time :).

It's an album I keep going back to. Pure energy blast, no dumb solutions.

I was thinking someone else would post it. Imo Artha is more important in this case. :P

I was thinking someone else would post it.

I was posting it but your reply appeared when I was previewing. :mellow: And your switching was indeed unnecessary.

I also went through my lists and noticed that strangely many releases there are free downloads, sold out, or only available directly. There's not much on Psyshop I can genuinely recommend as "best of" anything. Well, there are loads of Suntrip worth getting but everyone knows that already, right?

(Meanwhile, I'm just placing my own order and I'd like to ask if there's something I've missed this year, but that might already count as thread hijacking...)

Oh wow. Bad timing there. :(

But didn't PTN get the last slot then? He quoted it.

I might be the third dog running away with a bone ;).

To make things clear I'll just repeat - please, consider Poramento's LP and thank our trio later.

Dimension 5: TransAddendum

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd027.html

if you like D5 this is a no brainer :D

ED: just saw D5 is in comfort zone (I think you should get it anyway), but if not then as someone else mentioned Hedonix, besides Guerrilla Ontology (2013) they released their début album in 2009 (Order Out Of Chaos) if you missed that one back then, now might be the right time :D

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/epp/epp1cd011.html

ohh yeshhh and that Portamento album is essential ;)