Israel vs UK: The old school battle

Ormion

39 members have voted

1. 1. Better old school

• Israel
    • UK

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

I can see where you're coming from. The country of the Goa Trance scene was a state of mind. It transcended geography.

exactly! 100% :)

I just wanted to say, that when it comes to goa trance, UK has one artist that is really a competitor against Israel, Martin Freeland. He is definatly on par with the best Israelian artists, but Israel did have more than one artist like that, however Martin Freeland is another class.

I'm from the UK, so it may be no surprise to learn that I prefer UK Psy / Goa.

If we're talking just about the parties back in the 1990s, I've no experience of Israel, but can safely say that the likes of Spacehopper in Birmingham where I was a regular and Return To The Source, London, were about as awesome as a trance party can get!

I love Moment of Truth, but Martin Freeland has nothing on early Hallucinogen.

Man with no Name is one of the best artists in goa history for sure, just listen to this track and you will not disagree to that anymore. this remake is as impressive as goa trance gets.

I can't speak about the party scene, but if you look at the labels who were devoted into releasing and promoting Goa trance music, UK gave s lot more than Israel:

Dragonfly Records
Perfecto Fluoro
Flying Rhino
Blue Room Released
TIP Records

Twisted Records

for me exist ~ 3-4 outstanding israeli (goatrance) artist; like Astral Projection,
Ofer 'Indoor/Phreaky' Dikovsky and MFG and maybe Mystica .. its VERY FEW! i think that , other artists and the whole isratrance are HIGHLY overrated.
Most of israeli compilations is boring & meaningless, so they are quickly forgettable.(there are lot of nitzhonot's ,which is TRASH of goatrace genre..
!Except, if you can be found UK artists :) just check it.. example: Goa Vibes or similars
you can find here Slinky Wizard, Cosmosis, Psychaos, Doof, Shakta, Infinity Project, Juno Reactor, UX etc..

So, UK is much better...(IMO)

• Like 1

My vote goes to Israel but the UK has very impressive goa artists too: Simon Posford, MWNN, Infinity Project, OOOD... Imho the difference between the output of the two countries (quality wise I mean) isn't that big.

the uk has d5, mwnn, hallucinogen, cosmosis, chi-ad, shakta, ... while isreal has astral and mfg. a fairer comparison would be uk vs. sweden+germany.

there must be something special about that island that brings forth great musicians. from the beatles to pink floyd, jethro tull, black sabbath, ..., the beginning of the rave scene, spiral tribe, dnb, ...

@off : i think that most of talented goatrance artists are jewish ancestry..
(regardless of the countries..) I have such a feeling. :)
They are in relation with God...you can feel it in his music..

Well, UK is my first choice but on the other hand I have never been to israel, so I cannot comment too much about parties.

What I can say is that the music was superior in terms of production in the UK, that's no doubt, israel always had too much sha-la-la vibe , but of course there are some classix from there too

the uk has d5, mwnn, hallucinogen, cosmosis, chi-ad, shakta, ... while isreal has astral and mfg. a fairer comparison would be uk vs. sweden+germany.

there must be something special about that island that brings forth great musicians. from the beatles to pink floyd, jethro tull, black sabbath, ..., the beginning of the rave scene, spiral tribe, dnb, ...

It´s not only Astral and MFG that are incredible from Israel, there are other incredible artists aswell, however Astral and MFG where another class of artists indeed. I did not know that Chi-Ad, Shakta and Dimension 5 were from the UK.

It´s not only Astral and MFG that are incredible from Israel, there are other incredible artists aswell, however Astral and MFG where another class of artists indeed. I did not know that Chi-Ad, Shakta and Dimension 5 were from the UK.

where did you think they were from????

I thought Chi-Ad was from a more exotic country based on their sound, and I always thought that Dimension 5 were Australian. I did not even think Shakta wer from the UK, the sound was always to soft iny my opinion to be from an UK artist. Shakta used a very soft sound at times which was not characteristical for the UK.

• 1 month later...