Israel vs UK: The old school battle

Ormion

39 members have voted

1. 1. Better old school

• Israel
    • UK

I vote for UK. 'Isratrance' a bit too agressive for me (fat basslines

into your face :) .. (but my favorites are italian and french artists .. etnica total eclipse jaia bpc transwave virtuart toi doi asia 2001.. etc

I love the filth and more disturbing sounds the UK did. Israeli was spaceship travelling music like Ofer Dikovski's various names, Astral, MFG (so alien!) and such was another kind of awesome the music needed. both coexist naturally 8))

to work off Ormions post above - I think the better way to put it was if there is such a "bad goa" from either group - bad Israeli goa was far better than bad UK ;p killer music from either is still pretty much a tie. its gets all of us happy in the pants AMIRITE?? ;P

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Sorry but UK never came close to the madness on the dancefloors in Israel. I played and partied in both countries and Israel had and probably still have the most intense parties in the world.

Musically UK was great but in my opinion a bit too hard at times whereas Israel was all about the light and big melodies.

But why only Israel/UK? There was tons of amazing artists from around Europe, Japan and Australia that IMO easily could match both Israel and UK... Koxbox... no one came close to their psychedelic dripping acid tunes!

as a promoter of PsiloSiva production in Israel I can say that UK has been always the best country of Psychedelic music since ever, but in parties and energies of the crowd on the dancefloor Israel lead more then another country.

altough UK artists undoutably produced impressive psytrance, I think the UK scene is overrated. UK is incredible when it comes to ambient and dub, but when it comes to psyntrance and goa trance, Uk was not always the leader. Countries like Israel, italy and Germany influenced the scene a lot and artists like Astral Projection, MFG, and Electric Universe produced some legendary memorable goa trance tracks. The emotion, energy and brightness of Israel is something that UK never reached. Israel is a warm and sunny country, whereas the UK is colder and more rainy, therefore the music is darker aswell. I don´t know if that is the case or not, but in general the music from UK is definatly darker than the music from Israel and I like the bright music of Israel. I think Israel was better than Uk when it comes to goa trance.

as a promoter of PsiloSiva production in Israel I can say that UK has been always the best country of Psychedelic music since ever, but in parties and energies of the crowd on the dancefloor Israel lead more then another country.

Interesting... About the energy you talk... my experience is that 3 countries have the most crazy dancefloors:

- Belgium

- Israel

- Japan

:)

These "debates" always seem to end up repeating the same 5-6 names as been mentioned countless times before here on psynews (debate 10.001?). Do you guys never get bored and are you not curious about all the amazing other artists out there than the same small selection you debate to dead? no bad intention just curious :)

Maybe it's time for a debate where Israel and UK are "banned" :)

These "debates" always seem to end up repeating the same 5-6 names as been mentioned countless times before here on psynews (debate 10.001?). Do you guys never get bored and are you not curious about all the amazing other artists out there than the same small selection you debate to dead? no bad intention just curious :)

Maybe it's time for a debate where Israel and UK are "banned" :)

I can see where you're coming from. The country of the Goa Trance scene was a state of mind. It transcended geography.

Hang on, are we talking music or parties?

I've partied loads in the UK, never in Israel so can't say.

I guess it's an open question looking at the original headline :)