So where is the good Full-On Psy Trance?

theqlogic87

The first album of Xerox & Illumination is really great. The first Audialize too, and the first Optokoppler.

Recently??? Well, nothing.

The first album of Xerox & Illumination is really great. The first Audialize too, and the first Optokoppler.

Recently??? Well, nothing.

Indeed, the first albums of Xerox and Illumination and Xerox and Freeman are really psychedelic in my opinion. I don´t know about Audialize, have to check it out aswell.

If you find some, let me know. I havent been digging much into releases. When I find psy I like, its hard and of the twilight kind. Twilight now-a-days is just smashing. Thats all it seems to try for. Still fun but much the same as any other artist doing it.
Just remembered! I bought this album based on the samples (still need to play it. I BEEN BUSY ;p) but give it a look. It reminds me of psy 10 years ago and had a little bit of everything it seems.
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/bou/bou1cd002.html

also check out the artist Jaws Underground!! He can be twilight at times but also real good full-on like his older albums from '07 and after. Hes like a modern day 3D Vision mad man in my eyes ^_-

Indeed, the first albums of Xerox and Illumination and Xerox and Freeman are really psychedelic in my opinion. I don´t know about Audialize, have to check it out aswell.

remember last summer I gave you links to download 10 full-on albums I ripped (for someone else and decided to share with) and all I got in response was along the lines of "full-on is boring and not for me"?? Including 'Wanted' from Audialize. All were quality from 03/04 which I will talk about until I die ;p You missed out, friend.

edit: PS - AUDIALIZE will have a classic mix airing on DI.FM's Summer Solstice event tonight which happens to start today in a few hours. check the party thread section for all the updated info I put there. 8)
DI.FM Summer Solstice

There is, at least I found a lot of great, trippy and groovy stuff from labels such as Looney Moon and Wildthings. If you like your full-on wackey like the old Rinkadink. Enjoy!

OLD RINKADINK YOU SAY???! I will check this after the weekend DI Solstice. thanks for suggestions 8) New Rinka is depressing boring same-y ;( build-ups then drops that just build up again. minimal yuck!

Psilocybian is GOOD full-on.

And Hujaboy - Black Belt album.

omg Hujaboy! Easily the most consistent artist. an Israeli who knows what is psychedelic ;D

New Electric Universe is awesome imo:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dac/dac1cd026.html

i'll have to disagree here. there are some really good parts and compared to today's standards it's awesome, but still there are too many overdone cheap tricks inside (the nth drop to kick+bass, triplets just for the sake of it, ...) so after listening to the whole thing i can only call it "ok".

Electric Universe "Journey's Into Outer Space" was (is) a great album

compared to logic bomb - the grid? or cosmosis - fumbling for the funky frequency? or compared to cosmic experience? not really. but if you compare it to electro sun - higher than ever or perplex - reunion or the latest talamasca, then it's unbeatably awesome ;)

i'll have to disagree here. there are some really good parts and compared to today's standards it's awesome, but still there are too many overdone cheap tricks inside (the nth drop to kick+bass, triplets just for the sake of it, ...) so after listening to the whole thing i can only call it "ok".

+1

and if you guys consider Logic bomb as full on (yeah it sounds a bit like but i'm having a hard time to consider it full on) then yeah Logic bomb = the best full on IMO

the grid + sonic algebra are nice albums

I kinda feel that Logic Bomb is a bit more closer with progressive (or at least with the newer albums) than full on but regardless still nice music. I actually want to go ahead and listen to them again now.

+1

and if you guys consider Logic bomb as full on (yeah it sounds a bit like but i'm having a hard time to consider it full on) then yeah Logic bomb = the best full on IMO

the grid + sonic algebra are nice albums

i generally consider logic bomb to be fullon starting with unlimited (everything before is labeled "psytrance" in my playlist). they do make excursions into progressive every now and then, but most of it sounds very much like fullon to me; but yes, it's the best kind of fullon ;)

Well there was Digicult - Out Of This World... 2008... it's been 6 years already? Is there anything similar released after it? The newer Digicult albums couldn't hold a candle to this one, too predictable.

Otherwise I liked VA Shivadelics from last year.