Trance2MoveU

hy1VCl0.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Three Ohm Three

Label: Anjuna Records

Date: April, 2014

1. Perfect Rainbow - Exotic Eye

2. Total Eclipse - Area 51 (live)

3. Syb Unity Nettwerk - Forbidden (Space Invaders Remix)

4. Ufomatka - Extragalactic Form of Life

5. Shakta & Moonweed - Q

6. Subcouds - On Red (1999 pHlatline mix)

7. Jaia - Brainstorm (live Mix)

8. Moonweed - Jaunt

9. Virtuart - Tetragrammaton

10. Tandu - Inception

"It's not nice to be invaded by aliens."

Oh here we go with that xenophobic Republican talking point. Why you gotta be afraid of the brown people? You think they're all so scary. All they want is a better life than what...

Oh. Those kind of aliens? Yeah I guess you're right it wouldn't be nice to be invaded by aliens. Although I like to think the aliens look like Kate Upton so I'll just bide my time, but always be prepared to bow down and serve.

FhSBQp7.gif

If you think that was just a cheap trick to post a Kate Upton gif well look at the big brain on Brad!

Anjuna ain't crazy though. They just keep churning out the rare and unreleased goa trance and I keep guzzling it down like a six pack of Poland Spring in the desert. Oh excuse me...Evian for you Euros. It's melody intensive, comprised of storming tracks. it shimmers, it's layered and bubbly and boy does it sound good. As the title suggests the 303 sound is prominently featured here so if that instrument gives you a psy boner then you might wanna loosen the belt on your pants when you listen to this. Lots of kings of the old school here including wo tracks from Moonweed. Anytime you can double your weed I suppose that's a good thing.

As per usual you can find Ukrainian (or did he go to the other side) Ufomatka here and while he's not from the old school rest assured his track is an absolute belter. That guy has some sick skills. Hope an album is in the works.

The artwork is pretty sweet also. You can get T-shirts with the cover art just like with the Lucid Flux compilation. I'd get one, but I already get prison raped on shipping so I'll leave that to you slender European models.

This is an excellent compilation that gets my seal of approval.

Anjuna Bandcamp

Suntrip Shop

Mdk

Top work. For me Tribal Encore is still their milestone. That CD just blows my mind whereas Lucid Flux and this one come in at being gear but not amazing.

Very keen to see what they pull for Tribal Encore Deux.

The artwork is pretty sweet also. You can get T-shirts with the cover art just like with the Lucid Flux compilation. I'd get one, but I already get prison raped on shipping so I'll leave that to you slender European models.

If the quality is anything like the Nervasystem shirt, the art is as clear as smeared toothpaste and it's cut for a stubby barrel....

Good comp though.

Yes I got a T-shirt for Lucid Flux. It looked ok but after one wash it ripped a huge hole when I put it on. I was annoyed but hey it's the consumer beware side of things. I will buy their releases but not the clothing.

• 1 month later...

Moonweed tracks are so psychedelic man! the collaboration with Shakta is awesome and "Jaunt" is haunting! and wow this "Brainstorm" Live mix, great job.

Only average track is the 1st one by Perfect rainbow and I also didn't fancy the kick in track 3, the track is nice but would be better with a different kick.

Ufomatka's track is wicked, the Subcouds track remixed is amazing too.

And I have to say the Tandu track is allright but nothing really stunning.

Overall very nice CD, really like it solid stuff. Highly recommended. - 8.25 /10.

Guest antic

That's one of the best recently released compilations I heard. No bad track in sight, while some of them - especially #4 through #10 - are crazily good.

First three are 'only' OK, with Perfect Rainbow's "Exotic Eye" being a bit too typical Israeli old-school full-on (though there's this spine-tingling filter sweep there), Total Exlipse's "Area 51" doesn't differ much from the album version while Syb Unity Nettwerk's "Forbidden" drags a bit too long for my liking, though in itself has some clever atmospheres.

But the rest! Where do I even start... Ufomatka's "Extragalactic Form of Life" is overwhelmingly dark and brooding, with big sweeps of noisy acid. "Q" is typical Shakta/Moonweed collab, which means it's highly energetic, twisted and melodic with outstanding sound-work and memorable main melodic line. Subcoud's "On Red" is like a cross between X-Dream and Etnica, with eastern-influenced leading melody, backed by driving, acidic backbone. Jaia's "Brainstorm (Live Mix)" caught me by surprise, as it is really different compared to album version - much more tribal, more varied and playful. The well-known melody gets a new life, punctuated by adequate changes in supporting background synthwork. And the drums - they're out of this world!!! Moonweed's "Jaunt" is a bit more laid-back compared to previous stormers, but nevertheless it's very involved, very trancey and makes me eager to hear the upcoming Moonweed's album. Virtuart's "Tetragrammaton" is incredible - dark, mysterious, really well arranged musically and tonally; would be an awesome soundtrack to some sci-fi movie. The last track - Tandu's "Inception" - sounded strange at first, due to hollow kick and some 'big' chord changes, but damn it's so well written and emotional in a borderline cheesy way, that just makes you happy.

Really, this is 5/5 material. Go get it.

• 8 months later...

Great comp indeed. Most of the good words have already been said above.

Favourite tracks -- 1,2,4,6,7 and 10.

I like the Tandu track. It has few moments which take you back to being a kid listening to lullaby's 😬 this one is an Acid lullaby thou!

• 1 year later...

Moonweed-Jaunt is absolutely amazing. Full power, fuck-you-all, I even used kickass key changes dark Goa at its best!

The final melody of Tandu is superb too. Classic emotional Ofer melody.

I'm still happy to have participated in making this release happen. To cut the story short - the tracklist is almost flawless, it's my personal "retro va" favorite in fact. Anjuna had a good thing going back then...

This was my cleaning music today. A really good tracklist, I enjoyed every track, no poor tracks or filler on this. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

Share the story :)

It's not a big story - I've got some unreleased DAT material and back in the days, when I saw Anjuna having a good go, I approached Tal the label manager and asked if he'd like to release some tracks in my possession. The end result is the Total Eclipse & Tandu tracks here. The Tandu one, I'm quite sure no-one had it at the time, when I ripped the DAT tape it was also unnamed on it. I went to ask Ofer Dikovsky about and he'd say it's the 1st Tandu track they made! It didn't even have a name before but Ofer thought about it and decided "Let's call it Inception". (Maybe he likes the movie?)

Still stand by the same opinion 2 years later, awesome CD. Jaunt is my favourite I think, the Syb Unity Nettwerk is really awesome (despite the kickline as stated above). And most importantly, LOTS OF VARIETY in this CD, each track is something different (that is also why I love the Mind rewind series :)), big thumbs up!

This was my cleaning music today. A really good tracklist, I enjoyed every track, no poor tracks or filler on this. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

8270466-Young-man-enjoy-music-in-headpho

I I went to ask Ofer Dikovsky about and he'd say it's the 1st Tandu track they made! It didn't even have a name before but Ofer thought about it and decided "Let's call it Inception". (Maybe he likes the movie?)

It's probably because it was the 1st Tandu track, as you said. Inception => the beginning of something.

• 3 years later...