The most boring subgenre of psytrance?

exotic

Leaving aside Goa trance , because we know its the best ;) which sub-genre has plummeted the most in-terms of psychedelia ?

Darkspy , minimal and prog have all gone down progressively since 2010 but for me its full - on that is almost dead now. I dont think there has been a 'decent ' full on album since u-recken - deeper into man .

Case in point in being http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/67944-zmb080-va-zombster-monster-vol2-out-now/ ... i have nothing to say....

You could also name the last good album of your chosen subgenre .

Forest, Hitech, Psycore

useless subgenres for me : )

I guess i missed out a couple of subgenres but you could very easily club them all under darkpsy without too many people noticing.

But yeah psycore , hitech never really made any sense to me. Forest - well you need to be in the right setting and its pretty good. Derango , Kasol , GOCH ;)

How's that even a question? Progressive.

i'd agree. but only because recent fullon is often nauseating rather than boring.

It's a loop repeated for 7 minutes.

but at least it doesn't use exactly the same fm lead in every single track like post-2006 darkpsy/psycore ;)

Progressive in general is boring, but there are some gems.

Full'on has really become annoying and useless.

I've always found suomi as well to be boring, but I don't know it well enough to make a general statement about that.

I've always found suomi as well to be boring, but I don't know it well enough to make a general statement about that.

Suomi is such a broad genre, having such a variety of style, that I think you ought to investigate further...

Hitech for sure is my opinion. Everything over ~155bpm is useless - that's because I've noticed music is attached to one's heart rate and when dancing it's normally around 130-150 bpm. Everything above that is just too fast really to connect to a beat - it becomes nothing more than a technical marathon on drugs.

I'd say, definitely Hitech. That seems hideous to me ... I never thought I'd say this about any psy music, but I can't stand it. It is not even boring anymore, it just gets on my nerves.

Hitech is even more annoying than this type of fullon that has a break every few seconds...

I do have to say though, that it all has become shallower to me over time. I think this is just a sideeffect of listening to this genre for a long time.

I try to compensate this by checking out more from other genres aswell ... that makes psy music stay fresher. It really works ... the price is, the scene's development now passes me by even more (not that I was informed much better before, but it still got worse :P )...

I'd say, definitely Hitech. That seems hideous to me ... I never thought I'd say this about any psy music, but I can't stand it. It is not even boring anymore, it just gets on my nerves.

couldn't agree more. but that's also why i didn't mention it. it's unpleasant rather than boring.

Hitech is even more annoying than this type of fullon that has a break every few seconds...

hm... that's difficult to say. every time i have to listen to that generic fullon/progressive (really is there still a difference anymore? both are slower than fullon and both consist just of the same sounds from the same old sample cds) i'd rather prefer hitech and the other way round ;)

Australian Prog: the thread lol...

Throw in the recent influx of Serbian style prog and the absolute disaster of full on the past few years and you got yourself a shit stew cookin'

so why do we even bother with psy anymore. j/k :)

i have to say that serbian style prog was actually quite decent 2-3 years ago. not mindblowing, but imho the closest to what fullon used to be...

i have to say that serbian style prog was actually quite decent 2-3 years ago. not mindblowing, but imho the closest to what fullon used to be...

+1 i still have faith in tessaracTstudio . Some of their output was pretty good actually. Havent heard anything offlate from there.

Time for neo full on , neo dark and stuff? ;)

Zenon shit? If that counts as psychedelic lol

Never got zenonnesque stuff either. some tracks by sensient are good though. I did hear them on a big sound system and it sounded much different than what i thought about them at home.

Fullon is not really boring unless you endure several hours of it straight.

Dark is not that boring because there's always a lot of twists in the tracks.

I'd say Y2K minimal was the most boring. Tripiatrik, Source Unknown, Etnica's Chrome period, that kind of shit.

http://www.discogs.com/Source-Unknown-AM-Receiver/master/44471

http://www.discogs.com/Tripiatrik-Ess-Muss-Sein-Help-Us/release/76166

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpTDbpddwn8

Are some people confusing "boring" with just stuff they don't like?

For me it's prog of the Iono & Iboga records type. It just holds no interest for me at all. I can't hear any real content that grabs my attention. I'd rather listen to decent tech-house or minimal techno.

I used to think Zenonesque prog was even more boring, but must admit, after seeing Sensient at Cosmo Festival, I've changed my mind. I find it a bit tedious for home listening, but it's great as daytime festie music when cranked up loud.

Whatever subgenres Loud & Neelix et al. belong to. Most boring mindless drivel ever. And I me a boring as in the true definition. Neelix played a few years back at a gig I went to. I actually fell asleep during his set out of sheer boredom. You have to be on drugs to enjoy that over compressed rubbish.

Whatever subgenres Loud & Neelix et al. belong to. Most boring mindless drivel ever. And I me a boring as in the true definition. Neelix played a few years back at a gig I went to. I actually fell asleep during his set out of sheer boredom. You have to be on drugs to enjoy that over compressed rubbish.

no wonder. neelix is the guy who brags about writing tracks from start to finish in 3 hours. in that sort of timeframe he cannot do anythine else than mindlessly stitching together some vengeance samples into the same boring formula.

Well I've heard some real pro's who after 2-3 decades can come up with some wonderful work using only samples in a couple of hours but Neelix is just really ugh. Too me he is all that is wrong with this scene.

Leaving aside Goa trance , because we know its the best ;)

I take it you mean old goa trance? since newschool is still too much of a term now. sorry and dont wanna anger some but lots of newschool just necessarily isnt boring but I dont notice its playing a lot of times. Its just there in the backround. so much going on at once is kind of numbing and a rhythm doesnt catch me. there are tracks in mixes where Im like "theres an example I like!!" so not all is lost with me ;pthough.. not the most boring..

I would vote that kind of prog of full-on we slammed last year for having a build-up then it returns to just a bassline. no explosive energy like nearly all full-on from 2003 had. shame shame.

I'd say Y2K minimal was the most boring. Tripiatrik, Source Unknown, Etnica's Chrome period, that kind of shit.

http://www.discogs.com/Source-Unknown-AM-Receiver/master/44471

http://www.discogs.com/Tripiatrik-Ess-Muss-Sein-Help-Us/release/76166

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpTDbpddwn8

I can agree with a good chunk of Y2K music. Even early Absolum was real boring for me but I came to like it more. It was the "weird" time in psy for me. Haldolium comes to mind for the era.

Come on guys. Hitech may not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least something happens. Now listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihq2X_pjjvo

They made a loop, repeated it for 7 minutes and went to sleep! :P

That song I can dig and would love to hear at a party. Its kind edgy and flows the others sounds around it. i see what you mean but its heaps better than mordern progressive.

no wonder. neelix is the guy who brags about writing tracks from start to finish in 3 hours. in that sort of timeframe he cannot do anythine else than mindlessly stitching together some vengeance samples into the same boring formula.

Often I think, the only think you need for a dancefloor-stormer is a strong kick and bass. The bass is offbeat, double or triplet. Boooring.